Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chris Christie Screws The GOP . . . Again

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Chris Christie Screws The GOP . . . Again

Chris Christie Screws The GOP . . . Again…

Reuters

Governor Chris Christie is expected to call for an October 2013 special Senate election at a press conference this afternoon in Trenton, N.J.

But did he have other options?

According to a legal document obtained by National Review, Christie did. He could have appointed a Republican to serve out the remainder of Frank Lautenberg’s term, with the next election to be held in November 2014, rather than a special election this year.

“The governor may make a temporary appointment and that person would serve until someone is elected at the next succeeding general election, held in November of 2014. The winner thereof would serve a full six-year term beginning in January of 2015.”

Insiders tell me that the November 2014 option was advised as the best course of action by national GOP officials, but Christie decided to go his own way.

Read more via National Review...

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/chr...-the-gop-again

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He certainly could have appointed someone from the GOP until election in 2014 and it would have saved money, he is simply a RINO, and some on FOX News are promoting him as a 2016 presidential candidate, another loser. I simply will not vote for another RINO.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.