Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christie Gives Undocumented Students Access to In-State Tuition

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LETTER: Gov. Christie favors illegal behavior

DATE POSTED: Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:39 AM EST
    Hamilton Observer

To the editor:

Gov. Chris Christie has signed a bill that will allow the children of illegal immigrants to pay New Jersey’s in-state rates to go to the state’s colleges and universities.

Published articles reporting the event quote those favoring the bill, even quote illegal immigrants themselves, but as usual do not quote anyone opposing the bill, such as myself, (which I suppose is still better than being publicly called names for opposing illegal behavior), and these same newspapers will print editorials favoring illegal behavior, but will not print my opinions opposing it.

Gov. Christie apparently justifies his support of illegal behavior by quoting some nonsensical notion of “equality for all students in New Jersey.”
    Therein lies the essence of his supposed wisdom and sense of justice, but actually exposes his absurdity and sense of injustice.

What about equality for those students not presently in New Jersey, who through no fault of their own, but simply because their parents are following the relevant laws, rules, and regulations of legal immigration, have been waiting in their own countries for a decade (to come here)?

The governor’s sense of justice, of course, concludes that because their parents, who have been following the relevant laws, rules, and regulations of legal immigration and have not brought these students illegally to New Jersey, (unlike the parents who have brought their children to New Jersey illegally), should have to pay out of state tuition because they are citizens of other countries.

But are not those who are here illegally, having been born in another country, also citizens of other countries?

By the same logic and sense of justice shouldn’t they also have to pay out of state tuition?

Not only have these illegal immigrants had the benefits of being educated in English in America while the legal immigrants have been patiently waiting in their own countries all this time, but now they demand, and supposedly deserve, the benefits reserved to those who have been following the laws.

This is not equality, this is inequality.

Additionally, since the governor is merely courting Hispanic votes, since it is estimated that 90 percent of the illegal immigrants are Hispanic, does this not smell of discrimination favoring one group and opposing other groups on the basis of ethnicity?

So by the governor’s sense of justice, those who have broken the laws should be rewarded monetarily for their behavior, and those who have followed the laws should be punished monetarily for their behavior.

I, myself, waited a decade to come to this country legally, because my parents believed in following the relevant laws, rules and regulations regarding legal immigration, and I have relatives who are similarly waiting a decade to come to this country legally, but anyone who has not waited even one day and has come to this country illegally is the first to call me names for supporting legal behavior and opposing illegal behavior.

Frank Paul Lukacs

East Windsor ¸

http://centraljersey.com/articles/20...f216095172.txt
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

First article of this thread was added to the Homepage earlier:
    http://www.alipac.us/content/christi...-tuition-2524/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12