Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christie: Robert Mueller's targets should worry

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Christie: Robert Mueller's targets should worry

Christie: Robert Mueller's targets should worry

N.J. governor says news that a grand jury has approved charges should concern those under investigation

Christie: Mueller's targets should be concerned

By Eli Watkins, CNN
    Updated 11:40 AM ET, Sun October 29, 2017

Washington (CNN)The news that a federal grand jury has approved charges in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe should concern those under investigation, New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie said Sunday.

"I think anybody who's been advised by the special counsel's office that they're a target of the investigation -- which I'm sure he has done to those people who are -- should be concerned," Christie said in interview with CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

CNN reported
    Friday that a federal grand jury approved the first charges from Mueller's investigation and that anyone charged could be taken into custody as soon as Monday.

Christie, a former US attorney, said leaks to the news media about the grand jury's actions could undermine the credibility of the process, which he said needed to remain confidential.

While some in his own party, including Christie himself, have suggested that Mueller should resign from the Russia investigation if he has any conflicts of interest, the New Jersey governor said Sunday that he saw no reason at this point for Mueller to do so.

"I've not yet seen anything that makes me think he must step down, that there's an absolutely indisputable conflict," Christie said.
    Christie added that he thought Mueller needed to be "careful" to maintain his impartiality and ensure the public accepts that the investigation has followed only the facts.

"I think that he has to be very, very careful about making sure that the public believes that he has no conflicts and that his integrity is unquestioned," Christie said.

Washington Free Beacon says it hired Fusion GPS during 2016 GOP primary

Christie, one of President Donald Trump's earliest and most prominent GOP allies, said he had not seen anything from the White House "trying to impugn" Mueller in recent weeks.

South Carolina Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy echoed Christie's comments on "Fox News Sunday," vouching for Mueller's integrity while acknowledging many of his colleagues do not feel the same way.

"I readily concede I'm in an increasingly small group of Republicans," said Gowdy, a member of the House intelligence committee.

Gowdy, himself a former prosecutor, praised Mueller's record as FBI director and described him as "apolitical."

"I would encourage my Republican friends, give the guy a chance to do his job," Gowdy said.

In a series of tweets later Sunday morning, Trump again derided the investigation as a "witch hunt" and called for action against his political opponents instead of the probes into allegations of collusion between his associates and Russia.

Trump dismissed questions about potential collusion and pointed to "ANGER" over Democratic funding for research that led to a now-infamous dossier of allegations about himself and Russia, as well as anger over an Obama-era uranium agreement, Hillary Clinton's email practices as secretary of state and former FBI Director James Comey.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/29/politi...ntv/index.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Angus King: No basis for Trump's claim it's 'commonly agreed' campaign didn't collude with Russia

By Maegan Vazquez, CNN
    Updated 11:50 AM ET, Sun October 29, 2017

Washington (CNN)Despite President Donald Trump's claim that it is "commonly agreed" that his campaign did not collude with Russia during last year's election, Senate intelligence committee member Angus King said there's still plenty of investigating left to do.

"No, I don't think so," the Maine independent said when asked on CNN's "State of the Union" whether Trump's claim was correct.
    "It's certainly not commonly agreed in our committee, and we're the ones doing the investigation," he said, referring to his panel's investigation into Russia's efforts to influence the 2016 election. "I don't think there's any basis for that statement. It's entirely possible that we may end up in the investigation at the end that there wasn't, but the contrary could also be true."

On Friday, Trump tweeted, "It is now commonly agreed, after many months of COSTLY looking, that there was NO collusion between Russia and Trump. Was collusion with HC!"

Follow

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

It is now commonly agreed, after many months of COSTLY looking, that there was NO collusion between Russia and Trump. Was collusion with HC!
    6:33 AM - Oct 27, 2017

King, whose panel is conducting one of several investigations into Russia's meddling in the election, said the committee will still be reviewing evidence for months, calling Trump's declaration "premature."

On Sunday morning, Trump took to Twitter again to slam the Russia investigation, which is being led in the Justice Department by special counsel Robert Mueller, a former FBI director, as well as a related dossier of allegations against Trump that he has repeatedly said is not true.

Follow

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Never seen such Republican ANGER & UNITY as I have concerning the lack of investigation on Clinton made Fake Dossier (now $12,000,000?),....
    6:53 AM - Oct 29, 2017

Follow

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

...the Uranium to Russia deal, the 33,000 plus deleted Emails, the Comey fix and so much more. Instead they look at phony Trump/Russia,....
    7:02 AM - Oct 29, 2017

Follow

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

..."collusion," which doesn't exist. The Dems are using this terrible (and bad for our country) Witch Hunt for evil politics, but the R's...
    7:09 AM - Oct 29, 2017

Follow

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

...are now fighting back like never before. There is so much GUILT by Democrats/Clinton, and now the facts are pouring out. DO SOMETHING!
    7:17 AM - Oct 29, 2017

In his interview Sunday with CNN's Jake Tapper, King added the news about charges being filed in the Russia investigation, which CNN reported Friday, are "just the beginning."

"I think it's important to emphasize that whatever it is, it's just the beginning, and I'm sure there will be additional evidence, assuming Director Mueller uncovers additional evidence," he said.

King, who caucuses with Democrats in the Senate, also said he thought the timing of calls for Mueller to resign from the investigation and the news of indictments in that probe were probably not a coincidence.

"I don't see any reason why he should recuse himself or be fired," King said. "The fact that these charges are coming at kind of a crescendo at a very time there it appears they're also indictments, to be forthcoming, there is a kind of coincidence there that I don't think you can miss."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/29/politi...otu/index.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I seen an interview with Gowdy where he said they took it to Session. They wanted Sessions to open a Grand Jury and he refused. Gowdy said no-one wants to go after the Dems or Clintons Why? Apparently ....Sessions is part of the good ole boys club and the swamp or the Clintons have something on Sessions. Could be the Rothchilds who some say threatened Chaffez. When he threatened to go after the Treasury department for the missing trillions and wanted an audit. Who knows? Something is not right. These people are afraid of something. Time for these professional politicians to leave and we need a limit set on all elected seats. These people owe to many favors and have to many skeletons in their closets to be honest.