Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Christie on Trump's taxes: 'Ironic' that Clinton is pushing transparency

May 11, 2016, 06:13 pm
    Christie on Trump's taxes: 'Ironic' that Clinton is pushing transparency

By Rebecca Savransky

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie slammed Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton for calling out Donald Trump for not yet releasing his tax returns, calling it "ironic" that Clinton was pushing for transparency.

"I find it ironic that Hillary Clinton is talking about transparency to anyone, given that she had her own email server that she used constantly and had her colleagues in the State Department use in order to avoid [Freedom of Information Act] requests and any transparency to the public," Christie said, according to ABC News.

"So I hardly believe that Hillary Clinton is in any place to be giving a critique on transparency."

Christie said Trump has made it clear he would release his tax returns once his audits are completed.

"If those audits are complete prior to the Election Day, he'll release returns," Christie said.

"If they're not, he won't."

Trump drew backlash for saying during an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday that he doesn't plan to release his tax returns before the November election. Trump said there was "nothing to learn from them."

On Wednesday, the presumptive GOP nominee sought to clarify his comments, saying he will release his tax returns once his audit is completed, not after the election.

Clinton hit Trump on Wednesday for refusing to release his tax returns and vowed to "find out" why the presumptive GOP nominee hadn't yet done so.

“When you run for president, especially when you become the nominee, that is kind of expected,” Clinton said during a New Jersey rally. “My husband and I have released 33 years of tax returns. We have eight years on our website right now, so you’ve got to ask yourself, why doesn’t he want to release them?”

"Yeah, well, we're going to find out," Clinton added.

The Internal Revenue Service issued a statement in February saying nothing is preventing Trump from releasing his returns, after the presumptive GOP nominee blamed his refusal on an audit.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ton-is-pushing

That's what Trump has always said, when the audit is finished, he'll release them. I don't think he should release them. I think he tell them you can't even get a simple statement I make about when I'm going to release them right, yet you want to pour over thousands of pages of complex tax returns to report on them when you can't even report a simple statement I make right? HELL NO!!

Tell them to go jump off a cliff and see if anyone cares about that.

Americans are as fed up with our stupid media as we are with our stupid politicians.

We need US a Trump Train rollin' rollin' rollin' nonstop to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn