Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christine Quinn and Corey Lewandowski Bicker Over Trump’s Khan Remarks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Christine Quinn and Corey Lewandowski Bicker Over Trump’s Khan Remarks

Christine Quinn and Corey Lewandowski Bicker Over Trump’s Khan Remarks

By JONAH ENGEL BROMWICH and MICHAEL M. GRYNBAUMAUG. 1, 2016

Many of New York’s public figures remember the first time they incurred the wrath of Christine C. Quinn, the former City Council speaker known for her unapologetically forceful style.

For Corey Lewandowski, that first time happened to occur on live national television.

Mr. Lewandowski, the former campaign manager for Donald J. Trump, the Republican nominee for president, was visibly startled on Monday when Ms. Quinn cut him off during a heated exchange on the CNN show “New Day.”

Ms. Quinn and Mr. Lewandowski, both paid contributors for the network who regularly appear together on the program, were discussing Mr. Trump’s controversial remarks about the Khan family, the Muslim parents of an Army captain who was killed in Iraq more than a decade ago. Khizr Khan, the father, denounced Mr. Trump at the Democratic National Convention last week as his wife, Ghazala Khan, stood silently by his side.

Mr. Lewandowski defended Mr. Trump, saying the candidate had the right to respond to an attack. Ms. Quinn, a Democrat, was visibly frustrated and suggested that Mr. Lewandowski lacked sympathy for Ms. Khan.

“Any person who has lost anyone or even any person who’s been so blessed that they haven’t could understand why she couldn’t talk even all these years later about losing her son in the way she lost him,” Ms. Quinn said.

“I lost my mother when I was 16,” she added. “I’m 50. I couldn’t stand in front of America and talk about her.”

When Mr. Lewandowski tried to cut in, Ms. Quinn spoke over him and thrust her arms in front of him, prompting Mr. Lewandowski to stiffly respond, “You’ve got to relax a little bit.”

Ms. Quinn replied, “I do not have to relax.”

“Excuse me,” Mr. Lewandowski interrupted. “Don’t touch me. Don’t touch me.”

“Calm down,” she responded.

Mr. Lewandowski was not assuaged. “Relax,” he said again.

Ms. Quinn retorted: “I’m not going to relax. Because we have a man running for president of the United States who made a gold star mother have to go on TV and cry in front of America. This isn’t about politics——”

Mr. Lewandowski cut in. “He didn’t ask anyone to go on TV,” he said.

Reached by phone Monday afternoon, Mr. Lewandowski referred questions about the appearance to CNN.

Ms. Quinn, in a telephone interview, said that she left the studio without speaking to Mr. Lewandowski after the broadcast ended, but that they later exchanged polite emails. She said that Mr. Lewandowski apologized that the morning had been tense.

Explaining her on-air reaction, Ms. Quinn said: “I was frustrated and disgusted because of the framing of the Khan family and the continued attacks against them that Corey was making and repeating from the Trump handbook.”

Mr. Lewandowski was dismissed by Mr. Trump in June after a sometimes rocky tenure: In March, he was arrested after an altercation with a reporter at a Florida rally. The charge was later dropped.

Ms. Quinn, who stayed out of public view after her loss in the 2013 mayoral primary, has recently re-emerged as a highly visible surrogate for Hillary Clinton, regularly appearing on CNN as a fierce defender of the candidate.

Ms. Quinn is currently serving as the president and chief executive of Win, a provider of shelters and services to homeless families in New York City.

Her rising national profile has fueled some speculation — dismissed by her allies — that she could mount a challenge in 2017 against Mayor Bill de Blasio, a Democrat whose approval ratings have dwindled. But Ms. Quinn’s confidants say that she has no intention of returning so quickly to the realm where she suffered a painful defeat.

Ms. Quinn said she had “no reaction” to her inclusion in a Quinnipiac poll on Monday as a potential candidate for mayor in 2017.

“With all due respect to whoever took the poll and the people who were in it,” she said, “it was the least of my concerns today.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us...n-remarks.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Know the Facts

80% of New York City’s homeless are families. Most of them are led by women.

23,000+ children are currently homeless in New York City, a number not seen since the Great Depression.

88% more homeless families stay in a New York City shelter each night than in 2006.
    http://winnyc.org/

WOW. Look what Clinton and Obama policies have done to New York City!! Wake Up New York. It's time to go "red", because the "blue" isn't working for you. How could Quinn support Democrats when she heads up a 501 C 3 serving homeless families and knows FIRST-HAND that the policies of massive immigration, free trade treason, criminal justice fallacies, and foreign wars do not work for the people of New York City??!!

What a complete useless hypocrite.

WAKE UP NEW YORK! You need the Trump Train. You know what Donald Trump can do, because he's already done it as a private businessman all throughout your city for decades. Imagine what he can do for New York as President of the United States! He will reverse the policies that keep so many of your people down, he will implement the right policies that create jobs for AMERICANS, good paying jobs, jobs you can live on and pay your rent with, jobs that provide not only good wages but benefits. Imagine the redevelopment of your ghettos that he wants to wipe out not just in New York but throughout the country with redevelopment that can only come on the scale needed by reversing these awful policies of the Democrats that overpopulate, deflate wages, and create homelessness.

Bring it home for Donald Trump, New York! It will be the best vote you've ever cast. Deep down you all know that.

VOTE DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Democrats have finally gotten something to stick to the media wall that they feel they can use. Anyone that believes that Hillary Clinton has the back of the military is a fool. She has a record of demeaning military members and making bad decisions that cost lives. Just because the son was patriotic and a hero does not mean the father is. JMO.

In my opinion, no one today who works in the "immigration" field is patriotic. They are earning rich livings off of fees and legal services paid by foreigners to enter the United States at a time when we do not need or want more immigrants. Our population is so bloated, so much larger than our economy and natural resources can sustain successfully that any new immigration at this time not only poses dire threats and harmful outcomes for Americans, it bleeds our treasury through welfare benefits to which legal immigrants are eligible and illegal aliens confiscate through a variety of means, and due to the threat of Radical Islamic Terrorism increases the risk of more terrorist attacks.

Khan is not patriotic on any level. He lied about the US Constitution, he lied about Donald Trump's ban on Muslim immigration, which is a temporary ban based on Radical Islamic Terrorism until we can vet them properly, did not apply to his son or even the Khan family who came here in 1980 long before terrorism was a recognized threat to the United States. Furthermore, when Khan wrongfully attacks a candidate for personal financial reasons exploiting his son's death as somehow related to Trump's ban on Muslim immigration, he exposes a dark, self-centered, religious based political philosophy that I believe most Americans will view as abhorrent. To feel that they are somehow above scrutiny for their "free speech" because they're Muslim, because they're naturalized citizens, because their son died in Iraq, because of "whatever", exemplifies today's Democrat philosophy on immigration, that they are above the law, they are a special class, entitled to rob and steal from American citizens while enjoying rights Americans don't even have. No American expects to attack someone and have that someone just take it and walk on by. What American expects that? What American demands that? No real American either expects or demands it.

So why are a number of STUPID politicians, military "luminaries", and some others demanding that for the Khan family?

JUST SAY NO! SAY NO to it all. No special treatment, no above the law, no more Muslim immigration until we can vet these people, no more Democrats using public offices to flood this country with people we don't need, don't want and can't sustain without stealing the lives and jobs of American citizens.

JUST SAY NO!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!