Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

CHUCK-U SCHUMER: The other side says it's amnesty. They're listening to Rush Limbaugh

Rush Limbaugh

Ladies and gentlemen, your beloved host has once again hijacked the debate on this issue in the United States Senate this afternoon.

CHUCK-U SCHUMER: The other side says it's amnesty. They're listening to Rush Limbaugh. Amnesty, amnesty, amnesty!

Your Humble Host Hijacks Senate Debate

November 19, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, your beloved host has once again hijacked the debate on this issue in the United States Senate this afternoon. We take you -- via the miracle of solid-state hard drive disk -- to the Senate floor just moments ago and Senator Chuck-U Schumer from New York.
    SCHUMER: The other side says it's amnesty. They're listening to Rush Limbaugh. Amnesty, amnesty, amnesty! Amnesty means you get away with it without paying a price. Here's the price you gotta pay if you across the border illegally: 1) You gotta pay all your back taxes. 2) You gotta keep working. 3) You have to admit wrongdoing. 4) You have to pay a fine. 5) You have to learn English. 6) (dramatic pause) You have to go to the back of the line.

RUSH: On whose plan? Is this what Obama's gonna announce? They don't have the ability to make any of that happen! Whose plan is this? This is not what Obama's gonna announce tomorrow night! Back of the line? Pay a fine? (interruption) There was a plan that did this, and it was Chuck-U's. You know, Chuck-U and the Gang of Eight had this plan, but this is not what Obama's gonna do. What did I have to do with any of this now? What Obama's doing is not the Gang of Eight plan!
    There's one more sound bite here.
    SCHUMER: I'd say to my colleagues: "Don't be afraid of the Tea Party!" They're afraid of the word "amnesty" even though the bill is not amnesty at all, as I mentioned. But Rush Limbaugh says "amnesty" incessantly, and I know my Republican colleagues. I'm a political guy, in some ways.
    RUSH: (chuckling) "In some way"?
    SCHUMER: They're afraid primary voters that skew far right believe it's amnesty.
    RUSH: (chuckling) "In some ways" he's a political guy!
    SCHUMER: The Tea Party may be a sliver of the American public, but they're a huge percentage of primary voters in too many Republican districts.
    RUSH: (laughing)
    SCHUMER: And that's what they're afraid of.
    RUSH: What is he talking about here? Is Obama gonna announce a Gang of Eight plan tomorrow night? Obama's gonna simply suspend deportations, basically granting these people amnesty and he's gonna allow their kids to come in here. What is this move to the back of the line, learn English, pay your back taxes? Come on! Give me a break. None of that's gonna happen here.
    I'll tell you what's going on here. This is a separate debate in the Senate where they're trying to get Republicans to join the Democrats in a comprehensive thing that will follow whatever Obama's gonna do tomorrow. So they're doubling down on the pressure on the Republicans. "Hey, you're upset that Obama's gonna leave you out tomorrow night? Well, here's how you can get your skin in the game.
    "Here's how you can get some credit for this: Join us and ignore Rush Limbaugh, who says 'amnesty, amnesty, amnesty, amnesty.' It's not amnesty! You gotta go to the back of the line and all this rigmarole." That's what it is. They're still trying to cajole the Republicans into signing on board to something above and beyond whatever Obama's gonna do. That has to be what it is. Unless... I mean, we're assuming what we know Obama's gonna say tomorrow night. We'll have to wait and see.
    Anyway, your is host hijacking, once again, the United States Senate.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: I apologize, people on the phones, for not getting to you today. The Chuck-U Schumer sound bites came in and it kind of superseded what I intended to do. I had some sound bites here on the sports media. Oh, I gotta do Uber. I gotta do Uber tomorrow and what's happening with the NFL and these suspensions, 'cause the sports Drive-Bys are just coming down on Goodell again like it's brand-new.
    Yeah, Uber. Maybe Don Lemon -- maybe -- and the sports Drive-Bys on Goodell.
    Now, as to what Chuck-U Schumer is doing. Very quickly, I think Chuck-U and the Democrats in the Senate are not totally happy with what Obama's gonna do, 'cause it's only five million. They want the whole enchilada. They want all 12 to 15 million illegals legalized. So Obama's gonna take care of five million of 'em on Thursday night, and Chuck-U's trying to pressure the Republicans to ignore the Tea Party and me and join him for the rest.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._senate_debate
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A message from Senator Charles E. Schumer

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on immigration. I share your opposition to illegal immigration and firmly believe that our current immigration system is broken and in need of serious repair.

Our current immigration policy is ineffective, outdated and unacceptable. An estimated 11 million people now reside in the United States illegally; a number that, thanks to tough immigration enforcement measures I supported, has decreased by more than a million since 2007. These numbers, however, remain extremely high, and we must continue to combat illegal immigration.

The sovereignty of the United States depends on our ability to enforce our current immigration laws and secure our border. We have a right, and duty, to maintain and secure our borders to keep our country safe and prosperous. I recently worked with my Republican colleagues John McCain, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham and Jeff Flake to write and pass in the Senate the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act (S.744). A porous border is a dangerous national security risk. That is why this bill would set a goal of achieving a 90% success rate of intercepting and deporting undocumented immigrants who attempt to cross the border in one of the “High Risk Border Sectors.” The bill would enhance border security by adding high-tech surveillance equipment and doubling the number of border agents to about 40,000 while also doubling the length of fencing along the southern border to 700 miles. The bill would also require employers to use E-Verify, and internet based system to determine the eligibility of employees to work in the United States, in order to prohibit illegal aliens from being hired in the United States. This will eliminate the incentive for people to come to the United States illegally.

Thank you for contacting me about our nation’s immigration system. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance on this or any other matter.

Sincerely, Charles E. Schumer
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RedState

But exactly why should American voters trust that the Democrats have learned their lesson?

Chuck Schumer is trying to pretend that the Democratic party isn't what it is.
    redstate.com

Chuck Schumer and pretending that the Democratic party is not what it is.

By: Moe Lane (Diary) | December 4th, 2014 at 02:00 PM | 15

This is an entertaining article on Chuck Schumer by Dan Henninger, but this sentence makes me raise an eyebrow: “With [his speech indicating that Democrats should not have concentrated on Obamacare], Chuck Schumer was sending an audible signal to state and local party bosses around the country and to peeved donors—aghast at the midterm results—that not everyone in Washington has lost his mind to the party’s Occupy-and-windmill wing.” …Only, the Democrats in Washington have collectively lost their minds. Because talk is cheap.
    No, seriously, we have heard this song and dance before. In 2006 and 2008 the Democrats ran a lot of candidates who talked a great game about dealing with American pocketbook issues and finding solutions and whatnot. And the American people elected those candidates… who then turned right around and looted the Treasury for the benefit of their pet causes (called the ‘stimulus’), followed closely by howlingly incompetent, and rapidly-approaching-disastrous*, social-economic engineering (‘Obamacare’). Chuck Schumer was in on that. The man has the morals of a cat – which is to say, he has none, but he’s legitimately affectionate towards anyone who feeds him regularly – so it doesn’t surprise me that Schumer now wants off of the Carousel.
    But exactly why should American voters trust that the Democrats have learned their lesson? Or indeed, any lesson at all? – Yes, I know that it’s a partisan Republican political hack who is asking that question, but it’s still a legitimate one. There is a long-term problem in the Democratic party right now: which is that it’s being run by urban coastal liberals. I don’t really subscribe to the arguments found in American Nations (short version: there are about eleven different and distinct countries that make up the United States of America, and the author of that book apparently has a problem with the one that’s in the South) – but you can’t help but notice that the Democratic party is powerful only on the West Coast and the Boston-NYC axis – and is fighting a losing war in the Great Lakes area, while being stalemated in the Tidewater region. This is not compatible with being a functioning national party.
    Of course, the Democrats could reverse this any time that they wanted. But in order for them to want to, they need to have a party structure where they can tell a bunch of urban technocrats ‘No’ and make it stick. I cannot see that happening any time soon.

Moe Lane (crosspost)

*Right now it’s just alarming and frustrating. It’s when the Obama administration runs out of road on which to kick that can that things will become disastrous.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/12/04/c...paign=rsupdate

Limbaugh: There is no executive order on amnesty

'This is even more corrupt than anyone conceived!'

Published: 3 hours ago

Joe Kovacs

Rush Limbaugh

Radio host Rush Limbaugh is now broadcasting the fact that President Obama never personally signed any executive order in connection with his recent move providing amnesty for up to 5 million illegal immigrants.
    “Do you know that Obama has not signed any executive action or order for this?” Limbaugh stated on his top-rated national program Tuesday. “Folks, this is even more corrupt than anybody conceived!
    “He just wrote a memo instructing Homeland Security not to deport 5 million people. There is no actual executive order.”
    The news that Obama had not signed an executive order to carry out the policy he announced to the nation in a televised address Nov. 20 was broken last week by WND Senior Staff Writer Jerome Corsi.
    As to why Obama would not sign any official amnesty order, Limbaugh opined, “The reason for this is abundantly clear. If anybody wants to prosecute this, what do you prosecute? There’s no executive order. There’s no person to go focus on.”
    He concluded by lamenting “the lying that’s going on in mainstream America today! … The truth is the biggest casualty because the truth has become relative. The truth is all dependent on what the powerful can make it be.”
    Limbaugh’s remarks come one day after U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., a leading opponent of Obama’s amnesty plan, expressed astonishment and ridiculed the administration for not carrying out the action through an executive order.

U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.

In remarks made at the Washington office of the government-watchdog group Judicial Watch, Sessions said: “I guess they just whispered in the ear of (DHS Director) Jeh Johnson over at Homeland Security, ‘Just put out a memo. That way we don’t have to enforce the law.’”
    As a result of the president’s use of a memo instead of an official order, the senator observed: “We don’t even have a really significant, direct, legal direction that we can ascertain, precisely what the president is doing. It’s a stunning event in my view.”
    Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.
    The senator believes the result was “the creation of a new, alternative immigration system” despite the fact the president “is not empowered to do that.”
    Sessions noted the president had publicly acknowledged more than 20 times in recent years that he did not have the constitutional authority to unilaterally implement amnesty. As the senator read excerpts of Obama’s own words, members of the audience laughed aloud at how much those words differed from the president’s actions.
    The president should simply uphold the Constitution as it is, Sessions said, “not as he wishes it would be.”
    Sessions, who was a U.S. attorney for 12 years and Alabama attorney general for two years, said it was clear the Constitution gives Congress powers over naturalization law.
    He called Obama’s amnesty a scheme Congress had explicitly rejected after multiple efforts.
    “The House said no, and the American people said no. Congress said no, and the president has gone forward.”
    Despite that, Sessions observed, powerful forces wanted amnesty.
    “I mean, the president wanted that, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y, wanted that, some Republicans wanted that, business groups wanted that, La Raza wanted that, ACLU, all these people wanted it,” he said.
    But the American people did not, said the senator, which is why Congress had decided to limit the number of people who can enter the country to live and work.
    The senator dropped a bombshell last week when he revealed he had learned the Obama administration is opening a facility in Crystal City, Virginia, to implement the president’s amnesty plan.
    Sessions discovered the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or USCIS, is hiring 1,000 full-time and permanent staff members to quickly approve illegal immigrants’ applications for amnesty.
    Sessions also learned the administration will provide work permits, photo IDs, Social Security and Medicare to illegal immigrants.
    He noted that all of those benefits for illegal immigrants had been rejected by Congress.
    The Obama administration had initially indicated illegal immigrants would not be eligible for Social Security benefits, but officials were forced to admit the plans after Sessions revealed them.
    On Monday, Sessions repeated his call to House leaders to add language into the pending omnibus spending bill blocking funds for executive amnesty. House leaders have resisted the effort by GOP conservatives.
    He said the most effective tool is public opinion, and he asked voters to make clear to their elected representatives how much they oppose amnesty.
    “We’ve got a challenge, but I think the American people get it. I think they are going to insist their voice will be heard,” predicted Sessions.
    Sessions said it was known that government officials held some 20 meetings with business stakeholders hoping for amnesty, adding, “You know who’s not a stakeholder? You. John Q. Public.”
    Sessions was introduced by Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton, whose organization has broken numerous big developments in administration scandals involving the IRS, Benghazi, Obamacare and Fast and Furious gunrunning, as well as immigration.
    Just last week, Judicial Watch Director of Investigations Chris Farrell told WND a government assertion that no terrorists had crossed the southern border into the country was “simply false” and provided details to the contrary.
    In his introduction, Fitton noted the public doesn’t want amnesty, “but leaders of both parties do.”
    He reminded listeners how Judicial Watch had published “story after story” exposing the Obama amnesty agenda and its inherent dangers.
    Most pointedly, Fitton observed that amnesty was not about illegal aliens, it was about the illegal alien vote, and “the illegal alien vote is about stealing elections.”
    He referred to a study he said showed that enough illegals voted in 2014 to give Obama a margin of victory in his re-election campaign. Illegals also provided enough votes to elect the 60th Democrat senator needed to pass Obamacare in the face of GOP opposition.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/12/limbaugh-...er-on-amnesty/

Limbaugh: There is no executive order on amnesty

'This is even more corrupt than anyone conceived!'

Published: 3 hours ago

Joe Kovacs

Rush Limbaugh

Money Laundering/RICO crimes.... that's all that's going on. The Deception/SCAM is in and John Boehner is paying for it all... every damn penny
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-09-2014 at 07:20 PM.