Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Circle K Stores Accepting Pesos!

Circle K stores accepting pesos

Story Updated: Aug 14, 2008 at 7:12 PM PDT
    By Amity Addrisi and BakersfieldNow.com Staff

A local convenience store is accepting currency from across the border.

Circle K Stores Inc. is accepting Mexican pesos. The chain has been accepting pesos at locations in Arizona for decades, Texas and New Mexico for about a year, and now Circle K officials are testing the service at stores in California.

Company officials say accepting Pesos has been successful and is a way of opening the market to all customers. Circle K charges a small percentage for the exchange rate it pays to its bank.

The company has established a rate of exchange of 11 pesos for every U.S. Dollar, but the rate is subject to change.

Customers will see signs in Circle K stores indicating whether that location accepts pesos. Change for merchandise purchased in pesos will be given in dollars.

Circle K officials are looking into accepting Canadian currency, and some stores in the eastern United States accept euros.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/26999809.html
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Sorry...duplicate....read this earlier today
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And they probably take Canadian on the north tier of states, no big deal.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    And they probably take Canadian on the north tier of states, no big deal.
    Actually it is a big deal. This is Screaming NWO and NAU.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought this was against the law? I thought only the dollar was allowed as LEGAL TENDER in the USA. That's why we used to throw away Canadian pennies and dimes and some pesos that found their way into our change. No honorable business would accept them back as "legal tender" if we got stuck with a foreign coin.

THIS IS A BIG DEAL. Once again, unscrupulous business owners, many of them questionable in their legal status who own these mini marts don't care what kind of money they get paid in as long as they make money. They have no allegiance to this country or to the DOLLAR. THIS SCREAMS OF NAU!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

I don't utilize Circle K stores and now for sure I won't! Traitors!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    I thought this was against the law? I thought only the dollar was allowed as LEGAL TENDER in the USA. That's why we used to throw away Canadian pennies and dimes and some pesos that found their way into our change. No honorable business would accept them back as "legal tender" if we got stuck with a foreign coin.
    I agree....wasn't that the reason the Liberty dollar people were raided?
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

MW
    grandmasmad wrote:

Sorry...duplicate....read this earlier today
    Please use the red exclamation mark in the upper right hand corner of the post to report it as a duplicate. Furthermore, please provide a link to the original post if you can locate it (makes it easier on the moderators). Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn