Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Citizens abused by Senators staff. Next week is my turn.

next week is my turn to go with a small group from one of our local pro-enforcement/anti amnesty groups to talk to this nutcase. Here is what happened in 2007. Willing to take advice if I have to deal with this same staffer.

[quote]I can tell you for a fact that Lugar is FOR amnesty and virtually anything else that rewards illegal aliens. He proudly displays a framed picture of him receiving an award from La Raza in his office. I've been to his Indy office many times, along with likeminded friends at times, and have called more times than I can count. I have been told, and yelled at, by his staff that:

1) Being against amnesty is an emotion driven, knee-jerk reaction of uneducated constituents. There is NO reason anyone would be against it.

2) Myself and likeminded Hoosiers are just too simple to understand the big picture or the process of government the way Lugar and other amnesty supporters do.

3) Lugar doesn't work for his constituents. He's sent to Washington to do what HE thinks best, regardless of what the majority of his constituents demand or desire. (I kid you not. His staffer said those exact words to me "The Senator is not in Washington to do what his constituents want.")

Here is the report I wrote after my last visit to Lugar's office, which was awful, in June, 2007. I dissolved into tears at one point and was so stressed from this incident that I suffered a shingles outbreak the next day (something that always happens with extreme - and I do mean extreme - stress.) I shared this with bloggers, family and friends. ~ Tish

The four of us met outside Lugar’s and Bayh’s offices at around 9 a.m. Our plan was to go into each Senator’s office and register our opposition to SB 1639, the Grand Amnesty, and to formally request that each Senator vote against cloture on that bill later that morning.

I expected to have the same experiences I’ve had in the past: a staffer takes notes of our points, our suggestions, and our requests, followed by a shaking of hands all around and a quick exit from the office; nothing but a semi-friendly exchange of time for all. That is not what happened at all.

The meeting in Lugar’s office, which was conducted with two Lugar staffers, Lane Ralph, Deputy State Director, and Bob Healey, Staff Assistant, started out with Cheree giving points of why we were against the bill. They listened politely – at first.

When I suggested that it was “sheer lunacyâ€
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Lugar is a Loser!

Lugar seems to forget that HE works for us! When is he up for re-election?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does Indiana have any provisions for recall?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cayla99, the lack of respect shown citizens by some politicians is shocking to us all.

I hope this time you can at least record your conversation and if you are treated with contempt this time you could expose them to the world..

Thank You and God Bless You !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I recommend pretending that these folks are a bit beneath the average American in patriotism. Be polite and not condescending but be secure in the comfort that your tax dollars are going to employ these clowns. If allowed, I would even bring a small tape recorder and ask them if they object to recording the conversation as you will need to type up notes later just like any good reporter. And remember, whomever gets mad first loses. Good luck and keep us updated.

Re: Lugar is a Loser!

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Lugar seems to forget that HE works for us! When is he up for re-election?

I would hope you get a video camera or tape recorder to take into the next meeting with you.

Wow. God bless all four of you for going through that.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Cayla, we are all with you 100%. Go with that strength, knowing you are not alone but speak with us and for us! I can see your strength...use it and don't back down.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

cayla, following up on the polite but firm advice, if you're interrupted just say, "Please let me finish."

If you get condescension, immediately contact your local papers and other media outlets with that info. The idea is to force these jerks onto the defensive. Since you're attempting to present a proAmerican point of view and since a large majority of your neighbors share that point of view, you can force the jerks to have to explain their conduct in public.

If you keep your feelings inside, you pay a price for being proAmerican. If you share your feeling with the media, the jerks who attacked you will have to explain their conduct. Nothing rattles an elected official more than media exposure.

I admire your courage, your patriotism, and your persistence. You're setting an example for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Does Indiana have any provisions for recall?
    kind of ONE elected official may be recalled in a 24 month period. That means if a dog catcher was recalled last year, we have to wait until next year to recall anybody.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast