Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Clerk Fired 'Over Illegals' Appeals to Rush Limbaugh

INVASION USA
    Clerk fired 'over illegals' appeals to Rush Limbaugh
    Believes Hispanics shot at 7-Eleven because of his Border Patrol hat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 10, 2007
    7:31 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Bruno Kirchenwitz (Courtesy Aspen Times)
    A 7-Eleven clerk who contends he was fired because of a store shooting incident related to his opposition to illegal immigration says he is appealing to radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh for help.

Bruno Kirchenwitz told the Aspen Times illegal immigration is the about the only issue on which he agrees with conservatives. If he gets a chance to speak to Limbaugh, he will sum up his situation as: "Poor white boy get shot at then gets fired."

An official at the Basalt, Colo., 7-Eleven near Aspen contends the worker's dismissal yesterday was not related to an incident two weeks ago in which rifle shots blasted through the store's window in front of the cashier's station shortly after two Hispanic men confronted Kirchenwitz over his U.S. Border Patrol hat.

The June 26 shooting took place about an hour after Kirchenwitz finished his shift. Another cashier and four customers escaped injury.

Kirchenwitz said a 7-Eleven official told him the dismissal was not tied to the incident, but the former employee insists otherwise.

"Freedom of speech takes a back seat to profits," he told the Aspen paper.

(Story continues below)

A 7-Eleven spokeswoman did not comment to the Times, explaining corporate policy bars disclosure of personnel matters.

Kirchenwitz said the two men who confronted him came into the store and asked if he was the man who wears a U.S. Border Patrol baseball hat.

Kirchenwitz acknowledged he wears the hat to and from work but never on the job.

The men, he said, threatened him with something like, "We're going to show you what we think of that hat when we catch you alone."

Kirchenwitz told the Times he "smiled and laughed and made jokes, then shooed them out the door."

The men said they would wait outside while he finished his shift, but they left a short time later, at about 9:30 p.m., said Kirchenwitz, who got off duty at 10 p.m. then caught a bus.

The Basalt Police Department has made no arrests in the shooting case but questioned one man identified as a "person of interest" and is attempting to identify and locate a second man.

Kirchenwitz was placed on paid leave while 7-Eleven officials came to town to probe the shooting, the Aspen paper reported. After his leave was publicized, he said, a customer lodged a complaint about a June 9 incident, but Kirchenwitz said he could not recall any altercation, and the official who fired him was vague on details.

Kirchenwitz claimed that after starting at the store April 18, he received no written or verbal reprimands and the manager complimented him on his performance, the Times reported.

He says he is angry 7-Eleven won't admit the real reason for his firing, pointing out about 75 percent of 7-Eleven's customers in Basalt are Hispanic.

In a previous Times story, the paper said the issue has "fanned flames" in the debate over illegal immigration, and Kirchenwitz said local residents have supported him.

"People are angry. They are high-fiving me. They're asking how they can get one of these hats," he said.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=56604
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will see if we can't locate this guy and pass the hat for him and his wife.

The earlier article indicated that he and his wife were homeless and living in a tent.

Would anyone be interested in passing the hat for him and his wife to help them out?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is things like this that we live with daily that our representative do not understand because they do live it and they don't hear it. My car got trashed so many times that I had to finally junk it. I did not buy a new one until I moved. It was done because I conplained about the noise and the visitors parking spaces taken by tenants. Many apartments had up to 4 cars. I finally had to moved away.

You shouldn't be spending your money at 7-11 because are now owned by the Japanese. It's not longer owned by Southland Corp.

Dixie

Not only are the foreign owned, but they allow the illegals to gather there waiting to be picked up.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...628683,00.html

Fired at - then fired, man says
    Border Patrol cap put 7-Eleven clerk in spotlight

Bruno Kirchenwitz was fired from Basalt 7-Eleven.

By Alan Gathright, Rocky Mountain News
    July 14, 2007
    First someone took potshots at the 7-Eleven store where Bruno Kirchenwitz clerked after two Hispanic men warned him about wearing a "U.S. Border Patrol" cap off the job.

Then he was canned by 7-Eleven after the June 26 shooting and his opposition to illegal immigration made him a hero to some and a controversial figure to others in tiny Basalt, home to workers who toil in tony Aspen resorts.

"First I get fired at and then I get fired," Kirchenwitz said Friday.

The 54-year-old mountain man said a 7-Eleven official told him Monday he was being fired for "an egregious customer complaint" over an early June incident.

The former clerk says he's a well-liked "people person" who got good job reviews. He added that 7-Eleven won't give him details of the complaint, including who made it.

"To have me fired like this for what I consider a bogus reason, it's just not right," said Kirchenwitz, who thinks the shooting furor cost him his job.

"At least they could have had the honesty and said, 'Hey, you're bad for business. We can't have you in here.' "

7-Eleven Inc. officials deny the clerk was fired because of his cap or his stand on illegal immigration, but they say privacy laws prevent them from discussing personnel actions.

"Someone does not get dismissed just because of their political views or what they say away from the store or what they wear away from the store," said Margaret Chabris, a spokeswoman for 7-Eleven Inc. in Dallas.

She said corporate officials visited Basalt recently and spent days doing an in-depth "investigation in the areas of customer service and employee interaction."

Kirchenwitz said he was placed on paid leave soon after the shooting, in part for his own safety.

Chabris said store officials "did not make this determination capriciously, nor was it necessarily based on one thing."

The dispute centered on the June shooting that occurred after the two Hispanic men confronted Kirchenwitz as he worked his night shift at 7-Eleven.

"We're going to catch you alone, and we're going to show you what we think of your hat," Kirchenwitz said the men told him. "We'll be waiting for you."

Kirchenwitz at first thought the men were kidding and just joked with them.

"Immigration is what made this country great," stressed Kirchenwitz, who immigrated with his family at age 2 from Germany. "But if we can't control our borders, what's going to happen . . . to my kids and my grandkids? What kind of future am I leaving them by letting this go on?"

About 45 minutes after he left work, someone fired five rifle shots through the store window where the clerk had been standing. No one was injured.

The unusual shooting sparked a uproar, spurring church leaders and police to hold community meetings to defuse racial tensions in the 3,300-person town that has a growing Hispanic community.

Basalt police Chief Keith Ikeda said investigators have identified two persons of interest in the verbal clash with Kirchenwitz.

gathrighta@RockyMountainNews.com or 303-954-5486

I don't know if Rush ever got on this, but Mike Gallagher Show did. Tho story was quite different from news reports. The guy didn't wear a border patrol hat at work ever, but was seen in the public wearing it. The fellow described how he was confronted by suspected Hispanic gang members at his work. Shots were fired into the store while this guy was at home. The store management called him and told him to stay home from work a couple of days with pay. When he went to return to work he was fired for a supposed customer service incident the previous month. Contact mikeonline.com to help.

Also the Blue Ray? Restaurant in Farmer's Branch is hurting after they provided their property for a radio broadcast and fundraiser for the city's ordinance defense. $10,000 was raised for the city's legal defense fund. Seems Halliburton Corp. has some illegal advocates in charge of hiring the company's catering. They've stopped using the Blue Ray. If you Dallas folks can help it's appreciated. Mike is seeking a way to help those folks too.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)