Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Clinton: 'I Have Proposed an Office of Immigrant Affairs for the White House'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Clinton: 'I Have Proposed an Office of Immigrant Affairs for the White House'

By Susan Jones | August 9, 2016 | 6:14 AM EDT
    365 comments

(CNSNews.com) - Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton says she would create a new office of Immigrant Affairs in the White House to help her achieve her goal of comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.

Speaking to a joint gathering of black and hispanic journalists on Friday, Clinton said she would start working on immigration reform "immediately" if she wins in November.

"I will defend DACA and DAPA while I work vigorously for immigration reform," Clinton said. "I have proposed an Office of Immigrant Affairs for the White House so that we are able to answer questions and provide information and help people.

"I will take a very hard look at the deportation priorities. My priorities are violent criminals, people suspected of any kind of connection to terrorism, not hard-working mothers and fathers and people who go to work, help support this economy, pay $12 billion a year into Social Security, so we will take a hard look at that.

"We will close private detention centers, just like I want to end private prisons. We're going to close private detention centers. So, I have a very active agenda and we're going to be moving on it and I believe -- and you know, obviously it depends upon the outcome of this election - which is why it's so important to register more voters."

Clinton described the upcoming election as a referendum on immigration:

"I am hoping that the outcome of the election, which I am working hard to ensure a victory, will send a clear message to our Republican friends that it's time for them to quit standing in the way of immigration reform," she said.

"If you remember, after the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee did what they called an autopsy of their loss and concluded that they could not continue to deny the importance of immigration reform, and they urged Republicans running for office to get on board. Now, that hasn't turned out the way that they seemed to have hoped. We have, instead, a Republican nominee who has been virulently anti-immigrant.

"But there's nothing like winning to change minds."

Clinton said if the U.S. Senate returns to Democratic control and Democrats pick up seats in the House, she views the "political landscape as increasingly favorable" to passing immigration legislation that will make it legal for millions of foreigners to stay in the country.

"So, I have a very active agenda and we're going to be moving on it and I believe - and you know, obviously it depends upon the outcome of this election - which is why it's so important to register more voters.

"My campaign is trying to register 3 million more voters, convince people to turn out, because we're going to start early and we're going to be tenacious and absolutely committed to getting a positive result. I think the chances, once we win, will improve dramatically."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...rs-white-house
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Stop with the preferential treatment. Sickening. They need the voters.

Representation in our federal government for illegal aliens is too much. We must get our government back. Any Republican or Democrat in Congress who would fund or allow this is not representing us.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 08-09-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton says she would create a new office of Immigrant Affairs in the White House to help her achieve her goal of comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.
    Bad enough she encourages illegal immigration and wants to reward people (Undocumented Democrats) but a new office???? An office that will never go away....bigger and bigger government!!! Yikes!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does anyone find her "offer" to do these things in exchange for votes corrupt? I hope it is not just me. What other illegal activity can a candidate absolve in exchange for votes? At last Friday's news conference she definitely made an "offer" not just a promise. Is this not a type of quid pro quo, in fact a very direct type? She offers to negate a certain lawless activity, IF certain people will vote for her. Could this same strategy be used, for example, to say drug dealers won't be prosecuted?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This seems pretty broad. Clinton did promise a benefit for the associates of illegal immigrants. She knows they can't vote themselves ( in theory) but she promised their supporters she would enact changes in the law, and that they would benefit. She said the important thing is that they would have to vote for favorable US Senate candidates.

§600. Promise of employment or other benefit for political activity

Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment, position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in connection with any general or special election to any political office, or in connection with any primary election or political convention or caucus held to select candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

ABSOLUTELY NO "IMMIGRANT OFFICE" IN THE US WHITE HOUSE!!

SAVE AMERICA!!

VOTE DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy