May 16, 2016, 04:07 pm
Clinton to protester: You aren't 'entitled to your own facts'

By Ben Kamisar

Hillary Clinton on Monday confronted a heckler at a campaign stop in Kentucky, saying the woman had been misled by “Republican propaganda.”
The Democratic presidential front-runner was interrupted when she accused Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) of trying to “undo” the progress of the administration of former Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear.

“You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts,” Clinton said directly to the protester, pointing to her as she spoke.

“I’ll be happy when I finish talking to everybody else for you to come over here and you can tell me what you are saying, and we can talk and hear what’s on your mind.”

The woman’s protests could not be made out by cameras in the room, but Clinton pegged the critiques as "Republican propaganda."

“I have no problem with people expressing themselves, but I wish when people have an opinion, and I’m not making a comment about this lady, but I wish you would get the facts,” Clinton said.

“The facts are really clear. Because of Medicare, which [Beshear] expanded, hundreds of thousands of working Kentuckians have healthcare for the first time,” she said.

She argued that in contrast, Bevin’s proposal to eliminate that expansion would hurt the state’s healthcare system.

t’s not the first time Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, have gone toe-to-toe with protesters during campaign events.

Bill Clinton has been interrupted multiple times by critics of his 1994 crime bill and repeatedly engages with protesters.

Hillary Clinton’s speech in Kentucky comes just one day before the state’s presidential primary, where she looks to hold off rival Bernie Sanders and inch closer to the nomination.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...your-own-facts