Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

CLoture Is Not Invoked & Senator's Votes, Capitol Source

CLOTURE IS NOT INVOKED!

Ayes 45

Nays 50

For now the Senate bill has been stopped…

Reid just stated that he hoped there was some way we could work together to get the good stuff in this bill done. [b]He said “we are finished with it for the time being.â€

olivermyboy:

Hey, thanks! This list WILL be used - I guarantee it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

now time to find and compare the votes from Wednesday late nite

Duplicate post-sorry.

Thank you for this list. I was listening but only heard a few votes.

I'm going to work on my thank yous and beratings tomorrow. If anyone has time, please call or fax Senator Pryor's(D) office and thank him. We visited his office last week and talked with a staff member(Pryor wasn't in). He strongly encouraged us to continue our calls to all senators, and emphasized that there is power in numbers. Pryor has voted against us in the past on immigration legislation and has gotten quite a pounding for it. I sent him a lengthy fax early this morning before the vote, and it was rather harsh. I'm hoping his votes are an indication that he's reconsidering his position. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt---for now.

olivermyboy
    Thanks for the list
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Smith (R-OR), Nay

Smith voted no? Am I seeing this right? PhredE, is this right? Has our RINO finally done what the voters wanted? I need to call the mans office and tell him he is a better man than what I thought and thank him for actually doing his job.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    AmericanElizabeth wrote:
    Smith voted no? Am I seeing this right? PhredE, is this right? Has our RINO finally done what the voters wanted? I need to call the mans office and tell him he is a better man than what I thought and thank him for actually doing his job.
    Yep! Yep! He did! SUPRISE!!! He's up for re-election and outside of Portland he's probably very popular for this!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I am simply dumb-founded Oliver, simply dumb-founded. Still does not mean I might vote for him, because I feel the main reason he did this was for votes.

But, I am happy that he did, and soooo happy because I have a hunch some of my neighbors will choose to leave not just because of "no amnesty" but also our NEW landlord is cracking down on all sorts of things. This has been a week I am thoroughly enjoying!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oliver...thanks so much for the list. I'll call and thank Pryor, Saki.

I'm so tired of hearing it's the Republican base, when most Democrats I've met opposed this bill strongly. Excuse me but wasn't the Dem's basically scr...wing their working man base.

P.S. Did anyone notice that Boxer voted nay. What's up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast