Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Cocky McCain: Calling Americans Foolish

Cocky McCain: People Worried About My Illegal Immigration Stance Are "Foolish"

[b]John McCain made some comments on Bill Bennett’s show that probably aren’t going to win him a lot of friends among the conservative rank-and-file.

When on Meet The Press, McCain said he still supported his amnesty compromise he hammered out with Senator Ted Kennedy and said he’d sign that legislation if it reached him as President. Given that, the conservative base has plenty of reasons to view McCain’s immigration stance with skepticism (to say the least) and those reasons aren’t “foolishâ€

Banned
    [color=red][i][b]I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again “shutting this mans campaign down, should be Alipac’s top priorityâ€

And he has the nerve to challenge Romney on flip flopping. Please give me a break. McCain must wake up every morning wets his finger, sticks it into the air to see which way the political wind is blowing and tailors his words to fit. He’s flipped and flopped so many times I’m dizzy.

I can see it now, McShame, Huckster, and Kennedy all in bed together giving reaching across the isle an all new meaning.

What happened to this promise and McShame was a part of it also

“This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 – 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth we will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this,â€
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Re: Cocky McCain: Calling Americans Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    SEN. McCAIN: The bill, the bill is dead as it is written. We know that. We know that. And the bill is going to have to be, and I would sign it, securing the borders first and articulating those principles that I did. That's what we got out of this last very divisive and tough debate. And we have to get those borders secured. That's what Americans want first.
    MmmKay.....

So why are you talking about stuff that we never agreed to??

Secure the borders is all we want.

We never e-mailed, faxed, and called to get a pathway to citizenship.

Secure the borders, scumbag. Then we will talk. No "comprehensive" reform, scumbag. I know that I called and e-mailed you, so you remember me. We never wanted what you are proposing, so if you "have heard us," then you most assuredly have heard that!!
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Everytime Mc Cain speaks his shrilly, snively voice touches those synapsis that are connected to my Scotch Irish DNA. I have never seen such a prick. He is an ass of the highest order. He needs his condescending arrogance rammed down his communist throat. Maybe that would break his stockholm syndrome. I wonder if it has ever been considered what effects his captivity had on him. Many in his situation become permanently changed. One of the things I can tell you is that John Mc Cain is not the personality type to be able to muster mental detachment, a key component in surviving Soviet captivity manipulation. It is widely known that he underwent a process of re-cognition, but we don't really know the effects it had on him. All we can do is monitor his behavior and it doesn't take a genius to see the lifestyle and political choices he has adopted to easily extrapolate collectivist influence. It must be strange for Soviets to see a POW they changed/created now running for political office...

In the late 1950s, psychologist Robert Jay Lifton studied former prisoners of Korean and Chinese war camps. He determined that they'd undergone a multistep process that began with attacks on the prisoner's sense of self and ended with what appeared to be a change in beliefs. Lifton ultimately defined a set of steps involved in the brainwashing cases he studied:

Assault on identity
    Guilt
    Self-betrayal
    Breaking point
    Leniency
    Compulsion to confess
    Channeling of guilt
    Releasing of guilt
    Progress and harmony
    Final confession and rebirth
    Each of these stages takes place in an environment of isolation, meaning all "normal" social reference points are unavailable, and mind-clouding techniques like sleep deprivation and malnutrition are typically part of the process. There is often the presence or constant threat of physical harm, which adds to the target's difficulty in thinking critically and independently.
    We can roughly divide the process Lifton identified into three stages: breaking down the self, introducing the possibility of salvation, and rebuilding the self.

Breaking down the self

Assault on identity: You are not who you think you are.
    This is a systematic attack on a target's sense of self (also called his identity or ego) and his core belief system. The agent denies everything that makes the target who he is: "You are not a soldier." "You are not a man." "You are not defending freedom." The target is under constant attack for days, weeks or months, to the point that he becomes exhausted, confused and disoriented. In this state, his beliefs seem less solid.

Guilt: You are bad.
    While the identity crisis is setting in, the agent is simultaneously creating an overwhelming sense of guilt in the target. He repeatedly and mercilessly attacks the subject for any "sin" the target has committed, large or small. He may criticize the target for everything from the "evilness" of his beliefs to the way he eats too slowly. The target begins to feel a general sense of shame, that everything he does is wrong.

Self-betrayal: Agree with me that you are bad.
    Once the subject is disoriented and drowning in guilt, the agent forces him (either with the threat of physical harm or of continuance of the mental attack) to denounce his family, friends and peers who share the same "wrong" belief system that he holds. This betrayal of his own beliefs and of people he feels a sense of loyalty to increases the shame and loss of identity the target is already experiencing.

Breaking point: Who am I, where am I and what am I supposed to do?
    With his identity in crisis, experiencing deep shame and having betrayed what he has always believed in, the target may undergo what in the lay community is referred to as a "nervous breakdown." In psychology, "nervous breakdown" is really just a collection of severe symptoms that can indicate any number of psychological disturbances. It may involve uncontrollable sobbing, deep depression and general disorientation. The target may have lost his grip on reality and have the feeling of being completely lost and alone.
    When the target reaches his breaking point, his sense of self is pretty much up for grabs -- he has no clear understanding of who he is or what is happening to him. At this point, the agent sets up the temptation to convert to another belief system that will save the target from his misery.

Leniency: I can help you.
    With the target in a state of crisis, the agent offers some small kindness or reprieve from the abuse. He may offer the target a drink of water, or take a moment to ask the target what he misses about home. In a state of breakdown resulting from an endless psychological attack, the small kindness seems huge, and the target may experience a sense of relief and gratitude completely out of proportion to the offering, as if the agent has saved his life.

Compulsion to confession: You can help yourself.
    For the first time in the brainwashing process, the target is faced with the contrast between the guilt and pain of identity assault and the sudden relief of leniency. The target may feel a desire to reciprocate the kindness offered to him, and at this point, the agent may present the possibility of confession as a means to relieving guilt and pain.

Channeling of guilt: This is why you're in pain.
    After weeks or months of assault, confusion, breakdown and moments of leniency, the target's guilt has lost all meaning -- he's not sure what he has done wrong, he just knows he is wrong. This creates something of a blank slate that lets the agent fill in the blanks: He can attach that guilt, that sense of "wrongness," to whatever he wants. The agent attaches the target's guilt to the belief system the agent is trying to replace. The target comes to believe it is his belief system that is the cause of his shame. The contrast between old and new has been established: The old belief system is associated with psychological (and usually physical) agony; and the new belief system is associated with the possibility of escaping that agony.

Releasing of guilt: It's not me; it's my beliefs.
    The embattled target is relieved to learn there is an external cause of his wrongness, that it is not he himself that is inescapably bad -- this means he can escape his wrongness by escaping the wrong belief system. All he has to do is denounce the people and institutions associated with that belief system, and he won't be in pain anymore. The target has the power to release himself from wrongness by confessing to acts associated with his old belief system.
    With his full confessions, the target has completed his psychological rejection of his former identity. It is now up to the agent to offer the target a new one.

Progress and harmony: If you want, you can choose good.
    The agent introduces a new belief system as the path to "good." At this stage, the agent stops the abuse, offering the target physical comfort and mental calm in conjunction with the new belief system. The target is made to feel that it is he who must choose between old and new, giving the target the sense that his fate is in his own hands. The target has already denounced his old belief system in response to leniency and torment, and making a "conscious choice" in favor of the contrasting belief system helps to further relieve his guilt: If he truly believes, then he really didn't betray anyone. The choice is not a difficult one: The new identity is safe and desirable because it is nothing like the one that led to his breakdown.

Final confession and rebirth: I choose good.
    Contrasting the agony of the old with the peacefulness of the new, the target chooses the new identity, clinging to it like a life preserver. He rejects his old belief system and pledges allegiance to the new one that is going to make his life better. At this final stage, there are often rituals or ceremonies to induct the converted target into his new community. This stage has been described by some brainwashing victims as a feeling of "rebirth."
    Adams, Cecil. "Is brainwashing possible?" The Straight Dope.
    http://www.straightdope.com/columns/050318.html
    "Brainwashing." ChangingMinds.
    http://changingminds.org/techniques/con ... ashing.htm
    "Brainwashing." Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology.
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... 0045/print
    Flora, Carlin. "The Brainwashing Defense." PsychologyToday.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles ... 00001.html
    "Introduction to Influence." Working Psychology.
    http://www.workingpsychology.com/definit.html
    "Lifton's Brainwashing Processes." ChangingMinds.
    http://changingminds.org/techniques/con ... ashing.htm
    "Positive Psychology of POW Survival." International Network on Personal Meaning.
    http://www.meaning.ca/articles/pow_survival_april03.htm
    "Schein's stages of conversion." ChangingMinds.
    http://changingminds.org/techniques/con ... rsion.html