Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Commentary:You can't say that

Guest Opinion/Commentary*

You can't say that
    By Carolyn Hileman (04/04/0

It seems that there is a lot of name calling, mud slinging and down right ridiculous behavior going on and I am not even talking about the candidates. I am talking about groups who regularly call people racists, nativists, bigots and other things I am sure in private. They say we are spreading hate by exercising our right to free speech, you see we are not supposed to have an opinion unless it mirrors theirs, we are not supposed to utter those opinions less we spread hatred among the land and garner their reproach. We are to be dutiful Americans, we are to go to work and we are to pay taxes but don’t be thinking you can use any of those freedoms spelled out in the bill of rights because they are not for us. You see those are only for a select few, those who came here illegally and those who want them to stay.

Companies like ABSOLUT can publish a map in a magazine depicting the United States as Mexican territory and that is OK, LARAZA can intimidate, and harass a grandmother because she has the wrong affiliation and that is OK, Professors at Universities can rally the take over of our country and it is covered under free speech, so that is OK as well. ATZLAN can publish a web site that spells out their affiliation with Palestine, their firm belief that we stole parts of America from Mexico and make thinly veiled threats and that is ‘OK, MECHA can march in our streets with signs saying deport the white supremacists, and we are the illegal immigrants and that is OK. Senators Kennedy, Graham and MC Cain can stand at a podium in a building we paid for and are still paying for today and tell us that if we want people to follow the law we are racist extremists, we are nativists and that is OK too. But you let someone send an email that is a joke and the cries of racism are heard across the land, you let someone send out the emailed poem we get at least once a month and someone somewhere will scream racism.

What is next are they going to burn an effigy of an American in the streets, will they carry signs saying death to those who insult illegal immigrants, give me a break. It has gotten to the point that these people are actuarially attempting to stop any mention of illegal immigrants on TV, they are calling it hate speech and you all know it was not that long ago the senate was trying to pass a bill banning hate speech on the air, now just whom do you think that was aimed at? Now I really hate to quote the ACLU on anything but occasionally they are right on some things, they said that freedom of speech covers all speech even that we don’t like, and if that is the case and I can assure it is, then creating a law to stop people from being able to talk openly is a violation of our constitutional rights. Now don’t kid yourselves, even though they seem to not know what the definition of illegal means, they are actually highly educated people with degrees and they know that it is unconstitutional to make a law against free speech but they tried and are still trying with the homegrown terrorist act, they know it is wrong but they are willing to put those laws into affect in order to shut up the people who are raising hell about the laws that are already in place and being ignored.

This fight is no longer just about illegal immigration, it is about our rights, and it is about the fact that in order to protect people who by law should not be here, they must enact laws to silence the people. It is about the wholesale sale out of America, it is about keeping the American people from being able to secure their country, either by lying about the patriot act, wire tapping, torture or throwing a fit about a border fence, it is about keeping America vulnerable to attack and it is our own people doing it and perhaps that is the scariest thing of all. When we the people of the United States of America are being threatened with laws to thwart our freedom of speech, when our border fence is in question because of mountain lions and we are not allowed to listen to terrorists and even use force to obtain information about another attack just how does one suspect we can guard against one? We cannot, it is that simple, and all we can do is hope and pray that the next illegal immigrant that comes here doesn’t know how to fly. This is something that needs to be discussed and it needs to be discussed by every single American citizen, but then again, you can’t say that.

Carolyn Hileman
    http://thevoice.name/?p=7630

(Printer friendly version)

Send Feedback To Carolyn Hileman
    http://www.americandaily.com/article/21876

Re:
    What is next are they going to burn an effigy of an American in the streets, will they carry signs saying death to those who insult illegal immigrants, give me a break. It has gotten to the point that these people are actuarially attempting to stop any mention of illegal immigrants on TV, they are calling it hate speech and you all know it was not that long ago the senate was trying to pass a bill banning hate speech on the air, now just whom do you think that was aimed at? Now I really hate to quote the ACLU on anything but occasionally they are right on some things, they said that freedom of speech covers all speech even that we don’t like, and if that is the case and I can assure it is, then creating a law to stop people from being able to talk openly is a violation of our constitutional rights. Now don’t kid yourselves, even though they seem to not know what the definition of illegal means, they are actually highly educated people with degrees and they know that it is unconstitutional to make a law against free speech but they tried and are still trying with the homegrown terrorist act, they know it is wrong but they are willing to put those laws into affect in order to shut up the people who are raising hell about the laws that are already in place and being ignored.
    Response:
    "The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum". -Noam Chomsky
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is one of the few instances in which I agree with old Noam.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)