Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Commercial IN SPANISH on discovery channel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have people gone completely crazy? Just right now on ID channel part of Discovery channel, a commercial for Time Warner Cable, IN SPANISH! Have we lost it? What on earth is that? Any body with similar experience?

Re: Commercial IN SPANISH on discovery channel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Have people gone completely crazy? Just right now on ID channel part of Discovery channel, a commercial for Time Warner Cable, IN SPANISH! Have we lost it? What on earth is that? Any body with similar experience?
    Yes, the greedy corporate crooks went completely crazy years ago. They and various members of "our" government are determined to cram the presence, language and culture of their tax draining illegal masses down American's collective throats.

I remember being outraged (and continue to be) the first time I had to press 2 for English when I called my bank. The shift was gradual (common brainwashing tactic) and pretty soon the majority of business you called, signs on the streets, etc picked up the tactic.

I have Comcast cable and my package contains 2 spanish spoken channels. Why? because they are cheats and whores who would sell their mother for a dollar. About 5 years ago, I called JC Penney about a late fee that they fraudulently placed on my bill. Because my first name is spanish the cow in customer service that answered the phone began speaking to me in spanish. Needless to say I went ballistic and shortly thereafter I cancelled my account of more than 20 years.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

This does not surprise me at all. I live in the Phoenix area and I don't even have cable; yet half of the network channels are in Spanish and even on the English channels Spanish is crammed down your throat. I cannot even get away from it in my car, half of the radio stations are in Spanish.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

I, too, noticed that situation with History channel up here in the frozen north! I also was stunned when, on an entirely in English speaking channel, a commercial came on for some exercise equipment system totally in spanish. I mean, is some spanish speaking person watching this English speaking channel just waiting in anticipation for this very advertisement? Why don't they put this advertisement on Univision or some other spanish speaking channel? I agree with the spanish radio station deluge as well. It's always the loudest signal, too. Anyone notice that?

Moving to General Discussion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is the History Channel and Discovery Channel a pay channel?

Do you pay for it with pesos?

When do you think things will get better?

Politicians on both sides of the aisle promote non English speaking in/on public forums by conducting political rallies in the Spanish language. More than a couple come to mind: Medina from Texas, Bush from Florida, and Giffords from Arizona. The more this is practiced, the more prevalent it will be.....the more common it will become, including in some cases full page ads taken out in Spanish. We had a rule once in this country, that if an article was published in a foreign language of any kind, an English translation had to be provided along side of it. How things have changed. Our language, our culture is being threatened.....you can watch it happen day by day, week by week and year by year.

Quote Originally Posted by escalade
    Politicians on both sides of the aisle promote non English speaking in/on public forums by conducting political rallies in the Spanish language. More than a couple come to mind: Medina from Texas, Bush from Florida, and Giffords from Arizona. The more this is practiced, the more prevalent it will be.....the more common it will become, including in some cases full page ads taken out in Spanish. We had a rule once in this country, that if an article was published in a foreign language of any kind, an English translation had to be provided along side of it. How things have changed. Our language, our culture is being threatened.....you can watch it happen day by day, week by week and year by year.
    You're right, there is some sort of concerted effort to change the identity and culture of this country from an English speaking one to Spanish with Hspanic culture being made the dominant one. Use to be that immigrants were encouraged to assimilate to our culture and language but nowadays multi-culturerism is encourged. I don't care what language or culture one practices at home and I have nothing against ethnic business neighborhoods but otherwise our identifying culture should remain in tack.

Note that this encouragement of Spanish was not promoted before the arrival of millions of illegal alien Spanish speakers. Most Hispanic Americans know English so it isn't they that are being pandered to.

I do not watch TV, so my question to those that do, is, is this a trend? Is it new? Will it escalate?

And, how many people would it take to drop a note in with the last payment of cable or whatever to gain attention and stop this trend?

Otherwise where is this headed?

Who will decide if this is to continue?

A coupla years ago I launched Yahoo! to view the news. There was a banner at the very top of the page... in Spanish. I immediately called Yahoo ( got hold of a "real person" and complained bitterly that if they had to do it, at least make it something other than the very first thing I see. The guy seemed almost sheepish, as if I was not the first to complain. I did not see the banner again.
    No amnesty until the border is secured... then no amnesty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast