Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

you shouldn't have to speak fluent spanish to build crates in the middle of the night ..

this IS discrmination ... this is kinda like how they talk about housing discrmination ....

wrong wrong wrong ...

Banned
    Does anyone know who I would go to about filing a complaint about this company. Because Oregon.gov has this on their jobs listings, do I complain to them?

This type of thing fuels the whole "jobs Americans won't do" myth. There are many jobs here in CA that are dominated by non-English speaking illegals, so it is a requirement to know Spanish to work there.

I was denied a job with the Border Patrol even though I have a BA and passed their written test. I have always suspected that I didn't get the job because I am not a fluent Spanish speaker. I speak some Spanish, but not fluent. I can understand why they want fluent Spanish speakers, but I think they put too much weight on that and not enough on other attributes. I think that it may just be a way for the gov't to favor hispanics for a good government job.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    This type of thing fuels the whole "jobs Americans won't do" myth. There are many jobs here in CA that are dominated by non-English speaking illegals, so it is a requirement to know Spanish to work there.

I was denied a job with the Border Patrol even though I have a BA and passed their written test. I have always suspected that I didn't get the job because I am not a fluent Spanish speaker. I speak some Spanish, but not fluent. I can understand why they want fluent Spanish speakers, but I think they put too much weight on that and not enough on other attributes. I think that it may just be a way for the gov't to favor hispanics for a good government job.
    Your exactly right BFA! I would suspect that many of those who work for the BP are probably anchor babies, who grew up speakling spanish in the home. That's why they are fluent.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With the anchor baby birth rate higher than all others, expect to see other school districts across the country follow suit behind California. These kids will soon enough be applying for college grants or jobs at the expense of children with American citizen parents.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    Does anyone know who I would go to about filing a complaint about this company. Because Oregon.gov has this on their jobs listings, do I complain to them?
    sure, seems like a great place to start. i know that here in texas you cal either call or show in person and they will tell you the company name and contact info

Banned
    Sent it to Beck and O'Reilly also

Sent to to a ton of media

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

Your exactly right BFA! I would suspect that many of those who work for the BP are probably anchor babies, who grew up speakling spanish in the home. That's why they are fluent.
    Nothing like having the fox guard the hen house. These anchors would most likely be sympathatic to these illegal border crossers. They shouldn't be working for the Border Patrol.

Although I disagree with the hiring process, it shouldn't be considered discriminatory because the property is owned privately.

Now, if the gov't required applicants to learn Spanish when it's irrelevant to the job THEN it can be considered discriminatory.

Otherwise, private-property owners should have full discretion over the hiring process requirements--so long as illegal immigrants aren't intentionally employed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe
    Although I disagree with the hiring process, it shouldn't be considered discriminatory because the property is owned privately.

Now, if the gov't required applicants to learn Spanish when it's irrelevant to the job THEN it can be considered discriminatory.

Otherwise, private-property owners should have full discretion over the hiring process requirements--so long as illegal immigrants aren't intentionally employed.
    discrimination is discrimination NO MATTER private or public sector job.
    there are rules to follow, and this one doesnt sound like its following the rules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12