Thread: Computer voting

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Computer voting

Just wondering how people feel towards computer voting?

Does anyone know Romney's stance on privacy issues? Does Massachusetts have electronic voting?

How about 'paper' voting? At least there is a 'paper trail'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My district started with the computer last election cycle. I voiced my concern to the election coordinator. She assured me it was safe.

I will vote absentee ballot this cycle. All paper.

Actually, (and a bit more seriously...), here in OR we have mail-in voting (well, primarily). It's proving to be rather successful and not subject to all the [supposed] fraud that many opponents claimed would happen.

It is done on paper (so, by definition, there is a paper trail - the ballots are saved after being machine-counted for a certain time...)... plus, another side-benefit, is that because returned ballots are machine-counted and are checked against registered voter lists there is the potential to cross-check against other databases of voter information as well (address/name, + other too).

Just my 0.02 cents from a humble participant in the experiment...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    My district started with the computer last election cycle. I voiced my concern to the election coordinator. She assured me it was safe.

I will vote absentee ballot this cycle. All paper.
    There are lots of youtube videos of actual fraud. Ballot boxes not locked up. Secure tape that just peels right off. Here's a little video on how they hack. Paper won't help when you use them if they are rigged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiiaBqwqkXs

If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris