Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Conservatives attack proposed U.S. border tax

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think JD2's links are actually links to articles he's already posted on ALIPAC. I didn't realize that. Sorry, JD2. I clicked on one though somewhere and I waited and waited for the link to connect, got frustrated with that, assumed they were all the same, and that's why I wrote my post because it's always been my understanding here that we're supposed to copy and paste the entire article as part of ALIPAC's rules. I know when I just post the link, I get a PM to post the article.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    That's because we're broke. Until Americans can understand that, we're in a real pickle of a situation. That's why we need to support Trump and let him try to fix this mess the best way he can even when we sometimes may not understand some of the steps he takes along the way in the long game he's trying to win.
    I understand we are broke, but I'm not sure selling off our resources and destroying our environment is the way to fix our 'broke'.

We are 'broke' in more ways than money in this country.

Also, I remember when we got involved in wars in the ME, sold war material to other countries and the reasons given were that we were being held hostage by the oil producing countries there and we simply had to keep the supply line open.

All the while, we had more oil under this country than was ever thought about in the ME.

How many Americans lost their lives to protect 'that supply line', and now we know it was just another of the many lies of our government?

Why they were talking 'peak' oil just a decade ago. Americans have short memories.

I understand we are broke, but I'm not sure selling off our resources and destroying our environment is the way to fix our 'broke'.
    That isn't why they sell. They sell for business reasons, because shareholders want the gain. Usually officers and Boards of Directors are helpless to stop it. Look at Anheuser-Busch. They couldn't stop the sale of their company to the Belgians.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Profit yes - the reason for any enterprise - legal or not.

In a book I read some years ago warned of the growing threat of corporations and their power. The idea was that only a relatively small group of corporations would essentially control the world's goods and the world's people. They would be their own fiefdoms and countries/borders didn't matter. People or workers would simply be commodities.

They would have their own mercenary armies - giving allegiance to the one willing to pay well - much like the dark ages.

The punch line was - "Don't be surprised when Coca-Cola demands a seat at the UN."

We are coming close now and while corporations may already have their mercenaries and I think they do where they are raping and pillaging poorer countries. In this country, their 'mercenaries' are our lawmakers - who give their allegiance to the ones who pay the most. I fear in many instances their 'mercenaries' are our very own American soldiers who are dying for their profits.

Yes, those are the Oligarchs behind Globalism. They want to control the entire World's Food and Water Supply, too. Think "feudal lords" and serfdom for the masses and that's what best describes these monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    American companies export gasoline because they can make more profit.

U.S. refiners cash in on Mexico's record fuel imports
    Dumb question - wasn't it.

What I mean was why are we 'importing' oil simply to make gasoline, to import it, when we have lot so of oil of our own.

Now I realize many people think if we mention the sacred 'profit', anything goes - and apparently it does - but it should not.

This country should not have it's air, water and soil polluted by pipelines running all over it in order to import foreign dirty oil, refineries destroying the atmosphere to refine that foreign oil. That, in and of itself is bad enough. The real insult to injury is that Americans have had their land taken by force, so these pipelines, and facilities can be built. They must live with the constant threat of contamination.

Profit is not a bad word - but it depends on just how that profit is made and profit does not just mean dollars and cents. There are a lot of other things involved when you speak of profit. If the costs of polluting our country were factored into the profits, how much would they be? Well, we don't do that, because right now those making the profits aren't really affected by the pollution. Some don't care,some don't live here, some have their hidey-holes already bought for when this place becomes to nasty to sustain life.

Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post
    Let us move on to renewable energy sources even more than we have so far, the jobs are abundant and to hell with the dirty tar sands oil thru our country with all the spill risks, eminent domains involved.

This is the 21st century, stock holders progress your portfolios to renewable, clean sources. Cutie justin trudeau apparently has the brain of a hockey puck - to destroy the most unique forests on this entire planet, the Boreal forest, and its eco-system for corporate profits. He still allows for baby seals to be batted to the head till death to take their skins even though outlawed to buy almost everywhere.
    Yes, well, but right now, there is too much money to be made from fossil fuels. I mean the traders can buy and sell them three times a day, making a profit each time. After all, Americans have to have their gas, the American government subsidizes enough families that helps, plus think of the gas the government buys. That leaves the working class people - well, they can just cut back on the grocery spending.

Besides we still have to pretend we have an interest in the ME. We need reasons to continue fighting those 'little wars',that bring so much profit to so many.

It would be feasiable in most parts of this country for individuals to have solar panels. In the Southwest, it's laughable we don't. The initial cost is prohibitive for many.

But think about it,if all those households were making their own power, all the 'profit' wouldn't be made. Also, do energy companies still have to 'buy back' the excess energy created by home systems? I believe they do. That would have to hurt if an appreciable amount of people generated their own and rather than paying every month, got money or a credit.

A while back, there was a story China was going to start exporting solar and alternative energy systems. While I'm not a fan of China, I'm not a fan of our corporations and politicians that behave more like mobsters.

Wonder what would happen if China tried to export these to the US and at a price people could afford? I wonder if they already have tried.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234