Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Constitutional amendments needed

Judge says texas town law unconstitutional. Says
    immigration a federal duty only, and so local towns cannot pass laws denying illegal immigrants the right to rent homes and apartments.

So, I say we need some U.S. Constitution amendments. Something like these:

1. States have the right to to pass laws against illegal immigration, such as laws governing rental properties and governing education eligibility.

2. Only citizens and legal residents can rent homes or apartments.

3. Only citizens and legal residents can enroll in public and private
    schools accredited by the state. mirse

judges are awful queer now a days . They do as their told and make laws as they go along . Tx is a soverign state ,they can pass their own laws .
    lord knows our government is anything but Constitutional , protect and serve oh yeah . Not these bums
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Judge is wrong.

Whoever the judge is..is incorrect. There is nothing in teh US Constitution addressing Immigration other than that the Federal government has the authority to swear new citizens in and develop the steps to become a citizen. The 10th amendment stands in the case of immigration..

What is not restricted from the states, and what is not covered in the constitution is left to the states and to the people. (paraphrase)

The Federal Government is again over stepping it's authority as usual. This is a state issue and should be covered in the state constitutions.

The only way to resolve this..is to get a case all the way up to the Supreme court so they can make an interpretation.

Please do not encourage any amendments...you will be stepping into dangerous territory if any more power is given to the federal government.

Re: Judge is wrong.

[
    The only way to resolve this..is to get a case all the way up to the Supreme court so they can make an interpretation.

Please do not encourage any amendments...you will be stepping into dangerous territory if any more power is given to the federal government.[/quote]
    I don't understand your statement above.

For instance, if we have a U.S. Constitution amendment something like this:

"States shall require U.S. citizenship or legal residency for persons who enroll in educational institutions certified by the states. "

To me, such an amendment like the one above would give more power to the states to control immigration and take power away from the federal government to regulate immigration.

We all know that if we leave immigration policy solely up to the whims and decisions of the federal government, the illegal immigration invasion will continue forever.

So, I say we need to give more power to the states to regulate/control immigration by passing a constitutional amendment giving the states more power to do so.

MW
    Jazzloverinc wrote:

Please do not encourage any amendments...you will be stepping into dangerous territory if any more power is given to the federal government.
    So are we to assume that you wouldn't support an amendment to end birthright citizenship for illegal aliens? Amendments to the U.S. Constitution are sometimes necessary to overrule Supreme Court decisions.

Some amendments to the U.S. Constitution have actually given more rights to the people.

By the way, are you familiar with Article Five of the U.S. Constitution? Even our founding fathers understood that changes would be necessary.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wasn't there a federal law passed in 1996 that cleared this up, so that cities can in fact enforce federal immigration laws? or at least arrest people and turn them over to the Feds?

I didn't read the whole post.

There's a simple solution to this illegal alien renter problem. Allow a giant renters credit on everyone's income tax return, say 12,000. Everyone who isn't illegal will get a huge refund (actually lower withholding every week.) Of course, supply and demand will force landlords to raise rents, which everyone will still be able to afford (except the illegals.)

according to this local governments can not enforce federal laws ? Thats interesting.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

I believe the Constitution gives States the right to say who lives within its borders, not the federal government. This makes more sense to me because if a person doesn't like the way their state is handling things, they can move to a state that is more in tune with the way they want to live.

As for birthright citizenship, illegal aliens should have to apply to the federal government to get citizenship for their child who's born here. How many do you suppose would do that? The states shouldn't have to give out a birth certificate when they are against illegal aliens living within their borders, and have elected to enforce the immigration laws.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Judge is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mirse
    [

I don't understand your statement above.

For instance, if we have a U.S. Constitution amendment something like this:

"States shall require U.S. citizenship or legal residency for persons who enroll in educational institutions certified by the states. "

To me, such an amendment like the one above would give more power to the states to control immigration and take power away from the federal government to regulate immigration.

We all know that if we leave immigration policy solely up to the whims and decisions of the federal government, the illegal immigration invasion will continue forever.

So, I say we need to give more power to the states to regulate/control immigration by passing a constitutional amendment giving the states more power to do so.[/quote]
    How about a constitutional amendment something like this:

"States shall require proof of citizenship or legal residency from anyone applying for employment, public and private housing, public and private educational benefits, and public welfare benefits. " mirse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast