Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Contact Southern Baptist Convention Chief on Immigration

From the yesterday's "Lonewacko Blog":

http://lonewacko.com/blog/index.html

March 29, 2007

"Dr. Richard Land wants to hear from you about Immigration Matters"

"Dr. Richard Land is president of the Southern Baptist Convention, and earlier today he appeared with Senator Teddy Kennedy...at a Washington DC press conference to support immigration 'reform' (aka a massive amnesty)." Evidentally Dr. Land also has his own radio show each Saturday to which people can call in and voice their opinions, but it must be somehow related to his subject of discussion that day. Please see the blog itself for information on the show, and specific instructions and suggestions on how to call in.

For the president of the Southern Baptist Convention to appear with Sen. Kennedy to publically support his "immigration reform bill" as a matter of "moral" imperative is a big "sea change", and a great victory for them.
    While the Baptist Church previously counseled compassion for persons already in the country illegally, the demonination also refused to condone or support illegal immigration itself because it required breaking the law. Perhaps knowledge of this change gave Baptist lawmakers like Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) "permission" to move toward supporting amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like another religious organization engaging in behavior precariously close to political lobbying. Tax-exempt status should be ended.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Glad I am not affiliated with them (Independent Fundamental Baptist, emphasis on the "Independent"!).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Dr. Richard Land

Call the Richard Land Live! program line at: 1-888-324-8456

email: RichardLand@RichardLandLive.com

http://www.richardlandlive.com/default.asp

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    My letter to Mr. Rand on this issue.

Mr. Rand, I cannot possibly agree with you less for siding with Senator
    Kennedy on the issue of allowing up to 12 million law-breakers to have what they came here initially to have, against our laws in anyway'.

Why would you side with someone wanting to give law-breakers exactly what they broke the laws to get? Please sir, explain to me where in the Bible does it say that we should not punish lawbreakers, and as well simply let them have what they want?

I am grateful that as an Independent Baptist I can gladly tell my fellow Americans that I have no affiliation with this and would never. It is shameful to be aiding and abetting lawbreakers in the guise of "compassion", or whatever you would like to say your support for amnesty/comprehensive immigration reform is.

With Deep Regrets
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Southern Baptist, what a bunch. We always knew they kept beer in the fridge, now we know they have illegals working for them.

Dixie

Contact Southern Baptist Convention Chief on Immigration

Dixie,

While I am not a southern Baptist, I would like to point out that their denomination is responsible for a great deal of good, such as the establishment of excellent schools such as Baylor University, of which my niece is a graduate, in what I gather is your home state of Texas.

"Southern Baptist Bashing" was not the point of my post. However, there are a group of you who seem to rush to drag everything down to the lowest possible level. People who use this site simply to read, learn, and then use that information to combat illegal immigration to this country may find such wisecrackers (no pun intended, of course) not only distracting, but a waste of their time as well.

In the United Kingdom, I believe you could be sued for slander and/or defamation of character for writing such a thing in a public forum about a specific and recognized group of any kind unless you can prove it.

Perhaps we could keep this "out of the gutter", please.

In the United Kingdom, I believe you could be sued for slander and/or defamation of character for writing such a thing in a public forum about a specific and recognized group of any kind unless you can prove it.
    I suppose it's a good thing we are in the United States of America then, where we operate under Freedom of Speech.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

The SBC associating with Kennedy?! What is this world coming to?
    D.W.

Contact Southern Baptist Convention Chief about Immigration

Well, UnemployedAmerican, as a significant number of our lawmakers are now trying to take Freedom of Speech away from us, too, just as they have done in Canada and several countries of Europe, we all might want to think before we shoot off any examples of what might be called "hate speech" to justify such legislation, or used by pro-illegal immigrant groups to further strereotype those working to defeat their plans for a national amnesty.

(Please see "We need to take action now!!, posted by pedaac on 03/31/07 in this category for full information about proposed "speech crimes bills".)

According to that information, there are three different bills currently before Congress which will allow the federal government to designate and punish "speech crimes". Further, every post like some of those above is another victory for "La Raza", which can use them as evidence that the only people who oppose illegal immigration are a small group of bigoted "rednecks" (although I personally hate to use that term). These militant "(illegal) immigrants' rights" groups preach constantly that Americans do not "deserve" the United States, and they "deserve" control of our country more because they appreciate it, and we do not. Posts such as several above simply play into their hands, and give further credibility to their claims. Further, if I didn't really believe in this cause, I might find in such posts evidence that they may be justified in these claims. Unfortunately, this also might be the reaction of people visiting this site for the first time, too - people who otherwise might become active workers for what some of you seem to consider "your", rather than a national cause.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast