Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas2step

I certainly understand the point you are making but I don't see anything here that meets that criteria and the mods obviously don't either or it wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes.

I know their are some proposing censorship bills, but I don't think that will ever fly. Freedom of Speech is one of our most basic, cherished rights as afforded by the Constitution of the United States.

I am fully aware that our rights are being eroded daily under king george, but the ramifications of clamping down on freedom of speech is not something that would get by even the most complacent of Americans.

This is good reason why politics and religion should never be meshed together even in discussion, it elicits passion from every view point.
    Once it is brought up, one must be ready for all kinds of views and comments.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Contact Southern Baptist Convention Chief on Immigration

UnemployedAmerican,

Thank you for your moderate and thoughtful reply, which I appreciated.

There are, to me, at least two parts to this. First, religion is already heavily involved in the issue of illegal immigration, from the "Service Committee" of the Society of Friends (Quakers) helping illegal immigrants fulfill their "rights of migrants" across our southern desert border (often at great danger to themselves), to the outright seditious muscle of the representatives of the international Roman Catholic and Mormon churches. That the latter also traditionally controls the entire Congressional delegation of Utah (formerly "a desert"; now a "population boom paradise") + Rep. Jeff Flake of Arizona, does not help. They have also been joined by all of what used to be called the "traditional Protestant denomonations" (non-Evangelical), which now have become as radical and activist in their "America bashing" and "immigrant rights promotion" as anyone. The one "hold-out" in this had been the Southern Baptist Convention, which remained silent on the issue because of its traditional stand on respect for law and order. As I wrote, that they have now chosen to "come out" on this issue in so dramatic a fashion is strong evidence of the power which the coalition of people working toward illegal immigrant amnesty, and Sen. Kennedy in particular, hold. We would be foolish to discount this coalition, nor their determination to get this legislation passed, and think that it can be merely "joked away".

The second, to me, is simply a matter of manners, and how this site, which calls itself "Americans for Legal Immigration", presents itself publically. Whether one is interested in illegal immigration or not, one can still be "an American", and feel that posts which dive directly to the mud on almost any issue broached here do not speak for them, on the issue of illegal immigration, or any other matter.

That's all I have to say on this.

Texas2Step
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12