Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Also,

If you catch them trying to confuse the term illegal aliens with "immigrants" or "Hispanics / Latinos"

Call them out for being anti-immigrant and racist by doing so.

Point the finger at their very real racism.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    When the opposition resorts to personal insults and threats to censor, which they always do, just point out they are trying to insult and censor due to the weakness of their positions.

Remind them that personal insults, false claims, and censorship are their only tools since they lose this debate or moral, ethical, and legal grounds as well as in the court of public opinion.

W
    I will, W. Thanks to everyone for all your help here. I really appreciate it.

I am posting this here as well as in News Articles in the hopes that more of you will see it and help me out. I would be grateful if some of you or ALL of you would call Oberlin City Council members and tell them what is headed their way if they pass this resolution.

I'll list the article first and then their contact information. There is one councilman, Ron Rimbert, who has stood staunchly against this resolution...please, give me a hand! This has already made it through two of the three readings and the ones who started out "for" it are still for it.

http://www.chroniclet.com/2009/01/06/im ... -vote_122/

Immigration resolution moves toward final vote

OBERLIN — A resolution giving noncitizens equal access to city services was criticized at Monday’s City Council meeting by opponents of illegal immigration, even though supporters of the resolution said it no longer resembles a sanctuary law.

The amended resolution passed 5-to-1 on its second reading and heads to a third reading at the Jan. 20 Council meeting.

Those speaking against the resolution included Walter Thompson of Oberlin, who asked Council about the impact of the resolution on schools, hospitals and clinics, social service agencies and taxpayers of the city and county.

Thompson asked Council to survey citizens on the proposal, which states it would be “the general practice of the city of Oberlin not to inquire about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses or others who call or approach city staff seeking assistance.â€

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123