Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Covered-up flag mural near Calif. freeway restored

Are we are losing our country?... SUNOL, Calif.—The American flag mural painted on concrete siding above Northern California freeway, then painted over by order of state officials, was returned to its former glory just in time for 4th of July.
    The 35-foot long flag had been painted above Interstate 680 in Sunol, in clear view of commuters, by three men after the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington.

Last month Caltrans officials determined it was on state property and ordered it covered with gray paint, igniting a public furor. Two days later, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger apologized to the artists for the officials' decision.

On Saturday, two men decided to restore the mural. Steve Giordano and Jim Gallagher said they thought it was rude of Caltrans officials to cover up the flag right before the 4th of July.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15444938

good for them

CalTrans sucks anyways.

It would not have surprised me at all if this was done on purpose. I mean, it was up for like what, 9 years or so, and all of a sudden someone wants to paint over it. Like, after the AZ immigration law hit the fan.

I'm really happy this was repainted before the 4th. I wish I could see a picture of it. I can't find one online.

In fairness, if someone had placed a painting of the Mexican flag in the same place, or spray-painted gang grafetti there--and it also had taken literally years for Caltran to put these on their list for removal--many of the same people defending the painting of the U.S. flag would be up in arms demanding that Caltran remove the latter, and blasting them for not having done so earlier. If we expect others to follow the law, we must follow it, too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)