Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CSpan 9:04am PT - Chertoff speaks about securing ID

Check it out.

http://www.cspan.org
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So we have another view on this now. If you are a sanctuary city you are not only inviting illegals immigrants from Mexico but also terrorists to get there United States ID. I feel safer. Good Grief. That might be another angle for William.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Yeah, I've been listing too Paige. The interesting flip side, is he said for that states that wholesale reject implementing RealID requirements, is that the state-issued DLs no longer become 'recognizable' official ID for Federal purposes. So, that then the states, in practical terms, then become 'magnets' for illegals + <whatever else>. It's a sort of implied, 'well, be careful for what you ask for...' sort of situation.

I have mixed feelings about RealID as a concept, but do believe that official IDs must be made more secure, someway, somehow if we are to do with the illegal immigration problem significantly.

Also - he is now talking about -

Now, talking about Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative -
    'We have decided to move forward with this....'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A woman reporter with Spanish accent is asking about how RealID will be affected by the current issuing of Matricular Consular card (she's kidding, right..!?!?!?!?) ...:

I don't think she is kidding but she probably needs to be deported.
    -- John Wayne</div>

I heard awhile back that states that refuse the RealID will have their federal funding cut. Idaho has refused it so I guess the threat didn't work here.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I don't think they have actually made that law yet. They did say on the news this afternoon that states rejecting Real ID will make it harder on the citizens of that state, because airlines will only accept the Real ID or passports. Chertoff said that this is Homeland Security's way of forcing the issue on the states.
    He also said that the states that reject Real ID will have an influx of illegals and possibly terrorists getting a picture ID.
    I can't help but think there has got to be a catch here for the United States Citizen. The government has not done anything for over 6 years so why now???????
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I heard awhile back that states that refuse the RealID will have their federal funding cut. Idaho has refused it so I guess the threat didn't work here.
    Oh well, the Fed's don't have any money anyway. They have to steal it from someone first.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    NO, Chertoff just made the threat "realistic" today------when he said it while being interviewed on Fox.

They will NOT receive Homeland Security funding if they do not participate.

Also, if they refuse by the deadline--------the IDs of citizens from those states will not be able to be used to get on planes, as ID to get back into the US from Canada (or wherever else), etc.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

you can fight illegal immigration without REAL ID's, (federal ID's)

This is BS and its a way for the gov't to get more control over us.

I want more control over my government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast