For those that might be following this area of the debate...

As you all know, Boosh is scheduled to meet with various senators this afternoon to push the S1348. Initially, when I learned of this, I *thought* this was supposed to be just with Republican senators... apparently...my assumption was wrong.

I am catching a speech by Sen. Cantwell (D-WA - my neighbor state) and she mentions that she is going to meet with the President later today 'about immigration'.

For those following the Guest Worker (GW) and H1b aspect of the debate - recall this:

That Sen Murray (D-WA) was one of 4 senators which wrote to the President urging his involvement in getting 'immigration reform' bill passed. Sen. Cantwell has ALWAYS had a miserable record on all immigration legislation thus far - she also has proposed certain amendments to immigration bills which have increased the number of H1b's and related skilled-worker visas.

It is clear (well, to me), that Sens Cantwell and Murray are doing Bill Gates' slave-bidding here. Let 'em know that rich and powerful people disproportionately influencing political debate and the legislation produced is inherently Undemocratic to the core.

I hope the good people in WA can find the intestinal fortitude to send their senators back to the 'private sector' in the next appropriate electoral process.