Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CSpan2: 6/26 8:30am PT - Senate Discussion

Sorry all - have had big connections problems involving my ISP - so I haven't been around much in the last few days...

I'll try to do the play-by-play this morning leading up to the senate cloture vote to reconsider / consider S1639 - the new, new version of the 'old' immigration bill.

Stay tuned for details...

So far:

Senators Gregg and Cornyn have spoken on floor to protest method/procedure used to field the bill so far. Kennedy, Salazar, Reid, have all spoken in support of the current bill.

Reid is speaking right now (8:47am PT).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you Phred!! You do such a great job with this. We were lost the other day without you!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Here's the link to the video stream (CSpan2):
    http://www.cspan.org/watch/cs_cspan2_wm ... V&Code=CS2

If that is a problem, go to:
    http://www.cspan.org , then, find CSpan2 link in lower right of web page, and click on the appropriate CSPan2 links to the video stream.
    (Note: fast connection highly recommended...)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks alisab. I *think* I'm back.... (I could be wrong though too [that's what I thought 'last time'....])

Senate invoking cloture on the Employee Free-Choice Act (Not Immigration Bill). 8:51am PT.

What is notable, is that the cloture vote (to consider) the immigration bill follows this one (according to the info I have heard so far).

Ok, this is Roll Call for Cloture on the Union Bill. I think it's S8 or S9.

Dixie

Important Notes:

Sen Barasso (sp?) of Wyoming - to fill seat of late Sen. Thomas - is seated and voting (on Employee Free Choice Act). That means, he should also vote on the cloture vote on the immigration bill as well.

April
    update on screen says immigration vote is next after the union.

How long do you estimate the first cloture vote process will take?

Meaning, how long till the vote I really want to hear about.

fedupinw:

So far, the typical time-frame is about 5-15 minutes; it can vary somewhat...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast