Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What exactly is an H1B?

I've heard that term over and over "H1B" yet I am still to learn what that really represents. From what I've read here it seems to be some sort of legal permit to work in America. If that's legal, then what is the fuss about?

But that's not the point I wanted to make. I have just recently become more interested in immigation-related issues and again, from what I've read, I have seen discrimination rear its ugly head. Last month I overheard 2 managers at my company trashing one of my foreign-born co-workers (would that be an H1B?) and saying how foreigners were displacing Americans, just like Ross Perot had once said. Then one of the managers inquired "Yeah, so and so is also going through that immigration process" and the first guy responded "Not the same thing, she's Canadian"....well, guys, correct me if I'm wrong here, but last time I checked Canada was also a foreign country.

All of my grandparents came from Europe, and had they not, I wouldn't be here. I encourage those legal migrants to come, bring their skills to better our society, and settle here as much as they want to (just as much as I encourage illegal immigrants to stay home, until they can come here temporarily, with a passport, and to spend their dollars at Disneyland)

Why don't we focus on our goal, which is supposed to bolster Legal Migration, shall we? Geez

Nice to have you LEE. Welcome!

Where in Alipac's mission statement did you find the words LEGAL MIGRATON?
    That's a very interesting term you have chosen to use.

I have seen discrimination rear its ugly head. Last month I overheard 2 managers at my company trashing one of my foreign-born co-workers (would that be an H1B?) and saying how foreigners were displacing Americans, just like Ross Perot had once said. Then one of the managers inquired "Yeah, so and so is also going through that immigration process" and the first guy responded "Not the same thing, she's Canadian"....
    This one I find hard to believe, LEE. Actually, I don't believe this one at all. This isn't the phrasiology that an American would use.
    I'll take this one, the "ugly head being reared" with a very large grain of salt.

Hmmmm, you're --
    I encourage illegal immigrants to stay home, until they can come here temporarily, with a passport, and to spend their dollars at Disneyland)
    When are they going to come here "temorarily" and how would they be achieving this? How long is "temporary"?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lee Strong's
    I have just recently become more interested in immigation-related issues and again, from what I've read, I have seen discrimination rear its ugly head.
    No offense, Lee, but it is clear that you have "just recently" become more interested in immigration-related issues. Try reading more and I think you will answer your own question. Rather than having US "explain" things to you, (that which you should already know)....you will "discover the answers to your own question" and WE can spend our time more wisely contacting our senators and stopping this pending disasterous immigration bill.

Fair? I hope so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hello Administrator

Thanks for welcoming me...tough crowd though, wow

You are right, I may not know the mission statemet by heart, but isn't the name of this page "Americans for Legal Immigration"? I'm glad you find the term interesting, it's the name of your website. I rest my case

When you write "phrasiology" do you really mean "phraseology"? (A "slip of the pen, perhaps"?) Just curious. Incidentally, congratulations on your expertise in American speech. Sorry to say you are wrong (Proud born and raised New Englander here)

Don't let the huge grain of salt choke you. You need to be around to pay for your high blood pressure medicine. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

I have seen discrimination rear its ugly head. Last month I overheard 2 managers at my company trashing one of my foreign-born co-workers (would that be an H1B?) and saying how foreigners were displacing Americans, just like Ross Perot had once said. Then one of the managers inquired "Yeah, so and so is also going through that immigration process" and the first guy responded "Not the same thing, she's Canadian"....
    This one I find hard to believe, LEE. Actually, I don't believe this one at all. This isn't the phrasiology that an American would use.
    I'll take this one, the "ugly head being reared" with a very large grain of salt.

Hmmmm, you're -- [quote:324oezbu]I encourage illegal immigrants to stay home, until they can come here temporarily, with a passport, and to spend their dollars at Disneyland)
    When are they going to come here "temorarily" and how would they be achieving this? How long is "temporary"?[/quote:324oezbu]

who left the troll gate open ??

Lee welcome to Alipac.

What others were trying to direct you to were the rules, not the platform.

ALIPAC Rules for Discussion Groups Area
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=26071

Please take them to heart because we enforce them, unlike our lame government.

Thanks,

Dixie

Re: Hello Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LeeStrong
    Thanks for welcoming me...tough crowd though, wow

You are right, I may not know the mission statemet by heart, but isn't the name of this page "Americans for Legal Immigration"? I'm glad you find the term interesting, it's the name of your website. I rest my case

When you write "phrasiology" do you really mean "phraseology"? (A "slip of the pen, perhaps"?) Just curious. Incidentally, congratulations on your expertise in American speech. Sorry to say you are wrong (Proud born and raised New Englander here)

Don't let the huge grain of salt choke you. You need to be around to pay for your high blood pressure medicine. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

Hmmmm, you're -- [quote:32jlqqxs]I encourage illegal immigrants to stay home, until they can come here temporarily, with a passport, and to spend their dollars at Disneyland)
    When are they going to come here "temorarily" and how would they be achieving this? How long is "temporary"?
    [/quote:32jlqqxs]
    Where, in our mission statement or title, do you see "migrant"?

I can't seem to find it

Oh, thank you for the spelling lesson. Every so often, that darned pen takes a slip but, hey..........as long as I'm capable of reading legislation, I'm good to go

BTW, isn't it comforting that a LEGAL IMMIGRANT just made an attempt to blow up the N.E. gas lines running through JFK and surrounding states?

Trying to find out if the LEGAL IMMIGRANT {note he wasn't a migrant}
    was the lucky recipient of one of the previous AMNESTIES.

Maybe he was a VISA holder?

Anyhoooo, nice to have you around. I'm sure you're here to enlighten us concerning the difference between migrants and immigrants. I, for one, look forward to your wisdom.

american made cars

[quote=had_enuf]bluecollar,

Please respond to my previous post.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by "had_enuf":khlemups
    bluecollar,

We have two Chevy trucks & an Oldsmobile. We are a blue collar family.

Perhaps you can help with something I can't seem to find out anywhere. Is the an American car/truck, made with American parts that is assembled in America? Completely 100% American?
    [/quote:khlemups]

Had enuf sadly the american contribution to cars is diluting. But Ford and GM are still American cars with American values. Toyotas and Hondas have commercial interest in the USA. They represent japanese values and culture. There is a takeover coming. In the next 12 months Ford will not be an American company anymore.

I just got an email from Senator Kay B Hutcheson. Do you already have her fill in the blank "immigration" Tuesday June 5, 2007 posted? Sorry to interrupt.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213