Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Curious response from Senator Boxer is enlighening

Being new to ALIPAC, I got my first opportunity to contact elected reps during the most recent debacle involving an attempt to create amnesty within the context of the Defense Spending bill. Since I live on the left coast, I contacted both my senators (Feinstein and Boxer) for whatever that would be worth. Boxer's office responded and I want to share Boxer's veiw of illegal immigration. It is frightening at best.

Boxer refers to illegal aliens who work in agriculture as "foreign agricultural workers". She said the measure within the defense spending bill was merely ( my word) an "increase in the number of foreign agricultural workers" This kind of thought process shows just how out of touch Senator Boxer is. More than that, she removes any consideration for the fact these "workers" are here in violation of the law.

While we may have prevailed this time, it remains an uphill battle until this kind of convoluted thought process by our elected representatives is defeated.

Welcome airportbum! Thank you for joining the ranks of those that care about America. You are absolutely right in you statement about this being an ongoing battle. It is a battle that we have let get out of hand through past political apathy, but thanks to ALIPAC we have a powerfull voice.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome....we can use all the help we can get....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome airportbum!

From my research I have learned that these "foreign agricultural workers: have been striving to gain a toehold in US culture, to the extent of filing lawsuits (BTW< I did work around some of them as a boy, whom we then called migrants or migrant farmworkers). The biggest lawsuit --to my knowledge-- was California Rural Legal Assistance v UC at Davis to halt the funded research into mechanical harvesting, because this would jeopardize the job security of their clients, United Farmworkers. There had been some inroads into this in the sixties, with new crops that could be harvested with automation, but a great portion of the research then was discontinued. The federal government at the same time discontinued it, too.

State universities have continued programs and other countries have been inventing more machines and US firms do, as well. But the migrant farmworkers gained a significant foothold via these policies.

If you could help what we need to do is go to Sen Feinstein and explain that this reversal needs to be corrected. US farms, in the global economy, will have a hard time competing against Latin American agri-businesses that pay far less. i.e. 5 dollars a day. With the brilliance of American technology we can automate nearly everything. I've attended agricultural expositions and now there are also videos on the web of harvesting machines in action. This is the only way that US agriculture can be saved. Not by constantly letting in more people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ePRTiU ... re=related

We need to make sure that Feinstein and others GET IT!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Captainron! That harvester is amazing! I gotta see what else they have on here.

And welcome Airportbum I've found in my experience doing this that surprisingly Boxer is much more likely to listen to us than Feinstein. We have to keep the heat on both of them but I find you have to really put a lot of pressure on Feinstein. It won't sway her but I relish the idea of seeing her fail in her endeavors on illegal immigration. I also like to think we're giving her a migraine....she certainly deserves it.

Welcome to the fight, Airportbum! Good job for contacting them. You've already done more than most Americans do. Keep it up.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Welcome Airportbum! Keep up the good work!

That carrot harvester is amazing! It looked like it could do the work of 100 men in an hour!!!!!!!!

Captainron! That harvester is amazing! I gotta see what else they have on here.
    This is a European machine...

Seriously, I think we need a special project to go to Feinstein, in person as we can, and inform her that mechanization is the ONLY viable solution for agriculture. She is just not going to get it, it seems. With Teddy K. sidelined and McLame on the campaign trail I think Feinstein is now leading the charge for CIR.

Seriously this is what we need to do. As I have pointed out, the upward trend of automation was dealt a serious blow (though not a death blow) in the late 1970's.., and now we are being outpaced by other, civilized countries. We have to get back on track, for more reasons than one.

So can you Californians put together a delegation to go to Feinstein? I have been doing all the reaearch I can. The biggest agricultural fair is in the Central Valley, every year in February. But we need to start doing this right away....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

. . . but does Feinstein really care about Agriculture or is she just trying to advance the OBL agenda by using that as an excuse for CIR???
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

A farm in my area lets the customers pick their own vegetables and strawberries.The farmer shows the group what to look for and we ride out on a hay wagon.
    Everyone has fun and they dress up pumpkins in the fall [heads are pumpkins and dressed in costumes as cartoon characters] They charge $1.00 to park and they are always packed on weekends.
    How's that for cheap agricultural pickers! Customer pays for the pleasure of picking it themselves.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast