Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Putting together a delegation to go to Feinstein would be great Captainron; but I feel she still will not listen. I think she has to be REMOVED. She's deeply entrenched with the big money agriculture players. She adamantly defends illegal alien labor. I'd like to know how to get her out. Just what the path to do it is.

I'm well aware of the WorldAgExpo in Tulare. I live about 30 minutes away from the Expo Center. It is a regular stop for California politicians. They know what technology is there I can assure you. They CHOOSE not to support it. Mechanical harvesters don't spend money or have the potential to vote someday

There is no question development of various harvesters for various crops is the way to go. I saw on TV a harvester that picks grapes. I think they were using it out in Oregon or Washington.

Also we need harvesters for the more fragile products -- like tomatoes, lettuce, apples etc.

I think in terms of developing harvesters the Europeans are way ahead.

Harvetsing machines would do a great deal to end the need for illegals.

Yes..that was quite an irony when wide stance Craig from Idaho talks of potatoes, and co-sponsers Feinstein's Agjobs garbage. ...most of the potato crops are harvested by mechanical potato pickers.

Boxer refers to illegal aliens who work in agriculture as "foreign agricultural workers". She said the measure within the defense spending bill was merely ( my word) an "increase in the number of foreign agricultural workers"
    I've gotten this same form letter from Boxer so many times. The form letters from Feinstein are so far off the mark, as to be absurd ! They're stuck on AG workers, especially Feinstein. I'm thinking Feinstein has gotten herself "beholden" to big business , so that she has to continue to be their "front" man, so to speak. It's that, or she's simply delusional. IMO She's not going to change. As long as she's in office, we'll have a battle on our hands.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

airportbum

WELCOME !
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Dianer
    A farm in my area lets the customers pick their own vegetables and strawberries.The farmer shows the group what to look for and we ride out on a hay wagon.
    Everyone has fun and they dress up pumpkins in the fall [heads are pumpkins and dressed in costumes as cartoon characters] They charge $1.00 to park and they are always packed on weekends.
    How's that for cheap agricultural pickers! Customer pays for the pleasure of picking it themselves.
    Yes, this is another important avenue for allowing farms to make a profit and ensuring that crops do not go to waste. You would think that liberal city food coops would seize on the opportunity to self harvest produce. Maybe senior citizens groups would do it, too. In our city we have some really big publicly finance housing projects; why don't they cooperate, get a bus and go out in the summer on weekly trips? I'm sure there are scores of suggestions for u-picker groups---and as food gets higher in price maybe it will be a more populat alternative. You would think that someone in a housing project would even be able to make spme profit, upicking produce and then selling it at a complex or building.

We have just become addicted to having foreign labor do it--unlike any other country, as far as I know.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Welcome airportbum !!! Glad you are here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12