Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Not yet, says David Thorburn, the director of the Masschusetts Institute of Technology's Communications Forum and a co-author of Democracy and the New Media. "Intense and passionate support from an intellectually elite minority that lives in cyberspace does not translate into support among the general population," he argues. "The Web will continue to be a major source of fund-raising for many candidates, but it remains far less influential and less significant than traditional old media, especially television, which continues to reach a far broader audience than is possible on the Internet."
    This is not the case with alot of people joining on the Ron Paul revolution. I just started using the web to contact people of congress regarding illegal immigration. I stumbled upon a YouTube video of Ron Paul and just found him to be a breath of fresh air. Honest and strong in his convictions. I do believe the internet is a place more and more people will get their news. Most people are discovering that traditional media is bias and not always the truth. Even T.V. shows and original programming especially for the Web will be the new MEDIA. This is just the beginning, Mark My Words

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Ok

Now instead of getting all excited about this , tell the rest of
    us when this will translate into real world votes

Online polls and cell phone voting is a fantasy world

Call me when it becomes real world
    The author of the article may want to revisit and edit his article after he hears the results from Louisiana's caucus today. The results would not have happened without the internet.
    Did I miss any news story on this caucus ? did it translate to any real world delegates ?

According to the delegate counter it didn't
    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#R

In order to get a nomination you need delegates , lots of them

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Did I miss any news story on this caucus ? did it translate to any real world delegates ?

According to the delegate counter it didn't
    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#R

In order to get a nomination you need delegates , lots of them
    That counter isn't accurate, in some cases it is "approximate".
    The Louisiana caucus was last night where they elect "uncommitted" delegates. Ron Paul did VERY good. He might even have gotten the majority (depends on the outcome of the provisional ballots they are still counting). All the delegates are "uncommitted" as and then they have a "primary" on Feb.9th. If one candidate gets 50% of the vote in the primary, then only 20 of those delegates have to vote for the winner of the primary, otherwise they can vote for whomever they wish.

Also, in Nevada. IIRC the delegates elected are "uncommitted" the straw poll results are nonbinding. I know for a fact that quite a few Ron Paul people got elected as delegates even in precincts that Romney won. Because no Romney supporter at that precinct was willing to be a delegate.

You are right about delegates mattering, and Ron Paul is quietly racking quite a few up.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011