The D.C. Clothesline · 33,221 like this

19 hours ago ·

I find myself thinking today about what a difference a week can make. Last Sunday a lot of us were on top of the world. We were witnessing a case of Americans standing up. They removed the "Barrycades" from the World War II Memorial and dumped them in front of The White House. I was proud to be an American that day. I was proud of those who stood up for my rights. I was on "cloud nine."

The very next day the Obama Administration showed us exactly what they thought of our little protest. They put the barricades back and acted as if nothing happened. A couple of days later we watched our elected servants turn their backs on the will of the American people by rolling over and succumbing to raising the debt ceiling and acting like Obamacare, which they promised to defund and block, was nothing more than an afterthought.

As a young man in my mid 20s I was faced with a situation where I had to take in a young niece and her baby. At the time I was a poor and struggling businessman who had little to nothing. I could barely keep a roof over my own head and we had to accept government assistance so that the baby would be taken care of. To this day I feel that it is OK for people to take advantage of temporary help when they need it. That is part of what makes America great. If people need help here they can get it. (We all know that this had been abused repeatedly)

The problem was that I was too proud and I could not accept that help for long. I don't like handouts of any kind. I used this as motivation and bought into an idea. I believed that if I could take care of my own house that the government would not control me and that life would be good. I used the humiliation of having to take handouts as motivation to build a very respectable business and became financially independent.

I used to believe in this. I used to teach people to become empowered over their own lives and create their own destinies financially. I found out later that this was a lie.

It's very similar to the lie that a college education will guarantee our success. The truth is that this government, no matter who is in office does not want money in the hands of the wrong people. They found a way to crush me and they have found ways to crush others as well.

They want money in the hands of the individuals who play their game. Our government is not about empowering people. It is about empowering big business and crushing small entrepreneurs and has been for some time.

So today I no longer believe in that lie. I know full well that even if I were to find a way to build The D.C. Clothesline into a multi-million dollar operation, which I care nothing about doing, that the federal government would find a way to bring me back down.

So where does that leave me? It leaves me with only a belief in the common man in this country. I believe in "WE" much more than "ME." Because I know what happens to those who try to rise up and take care of their own house.

I don't believe in politicians or anyone who is tied to big business. I have seen that this trust is not wise to place.

I believe in the thousands of Americans who came armed to the Alamo a couple of days ago to let this government know that they are unhappy and looking to take action. I believe in the truckers and vets and humble Patriots who last weekend carried the hopes of a nation on their shoulders.

I believe in YOU and realize that I am not strong enough to do this myself. I never was. I was only fooling myself.

I believe that we can take back what belongs to us but I believe that these actions must become more frequent and we must have more people involved. I believe that we must continue to wake people up.

This means that even when we are down we can't quit. I know how hard it is to keep going and I know that some will quit but we must always be bringing 5 new people on board for every 4 that quit. We must keep moving forward.

We will have our day. I need my friends to keep their eye on the prize. I want you to think of the day when we tear those barricades down and our government is too scared to put them back up.

Our government does not really fear us. They may be cautious of how quickly they move to suppress our freedoms because they know that there is always the chance that people will start shooting, but...

They also know that if they chip away at our freedoms that most of us will remain in a state of inaction. We keep talking about what we are going to do but the government has seen that for many years. They don't think we are much closer to taking real action then we were 20 years ago.

Someday it is my belief that we will surprise them. They take advantage of us and have made us all slaves whether we admit it or not.

Throughout history you will find that, more often than not, the slaves eventually rise up against their masters. My hope is that we are getting closer to that day.

I just want the freedom to be who I want to be and for my children to be able to do the same.

We must maintain momentum and always move forward.

Because if we quit we are doing nothing more than submitting to a life of peaceful slavery.

As Jefferson said... He would take a life of dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

You've got to start realizing how dangerous YOU are and how dangerous WE are to the power of this government. They hold only the power that we allow them to have.

Soon we will take that power back for ourselves.

This is our time.

God Bless You Patriots,
Dean

http://dcclothesline.com/