DA IN CHRISTOPHER LANE MURDER: NOT A RACIST ACT

by WILLIAM BIGELOW 27 Aug 2013, 12:41 AM PDT 44POST A COMMENT

The district attorney overseeing the Chris Lane murder case has stated that the murder was not racially motivated.

Lane, the 22-year-old student at East Central University, was shot in the back; three teenagers have been charged, two of whom are black.

District Attorney Jason Hicks said, "At this point, the evidence does not support the theory that Christopher Lane was targeted based upon his race or nationality." Hicks admitted that there has been evidence in social media of racist statements by the two black teenagers, but he argued, "The evidence is insufficient to establish that race was the primary motive" in the killing of Lane.

Chancey Allen Luna, 16, and James Francis Edwards, Jr, 15, who are black, have been charged as adults with first-degree murder; Michael DeWayne Jones, who is white, is charged with using a vehicle in the discharge of a weapon and being an accessory to first-degree murder and will be tried in adult court. The Daily Caller reported that Edwards had a couple of tweets on his Twitter account reading, "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM." Another said, "Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!" "Woods" is reportedly a derogatory word for whites.

Hicks called the three teenagers "thugs" in court and said Luna pulled the trigger on the .22 caliber revolver; Jones said it was Luna who pulled the trigger. Yet the initial Associated Press report, which was picked up by various media outlets, tried to target Jones, claiming he said "I pulled the trigger" during his bail hearing last Tuesday—when, in fact, it was precisely the opposite.

Hicks disputed AP's claim, asserting that Jones had said, "I didn't pull the trigger." Hicks stated, "I was standing next to him, Mike Smith was standing right next to him, a whole bunch of deputies heard him. The judge stopped him, and told him 'You're here (to) set a bond, and that's it.'"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...t-A-Racist-Act