Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: (DACA) Alabama Senate Race Referendrum on 'New Trump'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

(DACA) Alabama Senate Race Referendrum on 'New Trump'

by BREITBART NEWS19 Sep 2017

Breitbart News Senior Editor at Large Joel B. Pollak told MSNBC on Monday that the U.S. Senate runoff in Alabama had become a referendum on President Donald Trump’s new turn towards working with Democrats.

“I think the president is trying to sell the new agenda. You could call it the New Coke.”

Pollak added: “He’s working with Democrats on this DACA deal, and so what started out … as a fight between insurgents and establishment is now a referendum on Trump’s new approach.

And I think you’ll find that the grass roots, the Trump supporters, who are coming out for Roy Moore have a very different view from those in Washington who are pouring millions into the Luther Strange campaign.”

Former Ted Cruz spokesperson Rick Tyler had a similar analysis. “What’s going on in Alabama right now is conservative Republicans — which is largely all of Alabama’s voter base — they are tired of the establishment pick their candidates, and this is what has happened in this particular race. … This is the proxy fight in the Republican Party between the establishment and the insurgents. And Trump, for some reason, I would have to say, is on the wrong side.”

Asked why Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon seemed to be “going to war” with Trump, Pollak responded:

I would think that Steve, as he said, when he left the White House, wants to support the Trump agenda. You remember the whiteboard that he had in the West Wing of all the campaign promises that Trump had made? … I think Steve’s impression would be — and I can’t speak for him — certainly the impression at Breitbart and throughout the conservative grass roots is that ‘We’re helping Donald Trump’s agenda by defeating the establishment candidate.’ That’s what people would say to you, because Trump’s agenda is what people voted for him to enact. And the establishment in Washington, including the Republican establishment, doesn’t want him to do all of those things.

Moore currently leads Strange in the polls by eight percent, though the race is thought to be tightening.

According to Politico, establishment Republicans fear that a victory for Moore would inspire a wave of primary challenges to establishment-backed candidates.

Pollak summarized: “The Republican is likely to win in the final election in December. But it’s a question of what kind of Republican will that be? Will it be a Republican who supports the original Trump campaign agenda or one who supports the ‘New Coke’ — the one who supports Mitch McConnell and the direction Trump is taking with the Democrats?”

(Video)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...te-race-trump/

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 09-19-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is just such a shame we cant find any information, or get a response from the campaign of Judge Roy Moore (despite numerous requests) showing if Moore supports or opposes the Trump DACA Dem Amnesty plan or not!??!?

This article wants readers to think that Roy Moore is an opponent of DACA or Dreamer Amnesty but so far our ALIPAC activists have found no evidence of such a position.

For all we know, the once anti-Amnesty representation we received by the honerable Jeff Sessions could be about to be replaced by one of two Amnesty backers Moore or Strange!
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 09-19-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting. Is Breitbart not telling it like it really is this time? That would be a shame because it will hurt their credibility as a great news source.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is the campaign manager (Rich Hobson) for Judge Roy Moore according to news. Someone may be able to get an answer about DACA if you have not already tried this route. I tried the tea party group but the phone did not answer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/richhobson2018?lang=en
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Moore was unfamiliar with the terms DREAMers and DACA. Strange jumped on it in his ads, but Stange has been flip flopper on immigration. I think Trump is foolish to cut a deal with McConnell to campaign for Strange. Moore has gotten up to speed on the terminology...
    DACA program for young immigrants becomes heated issue in Alabama U.S. Senate race

POSTED 10:58 AM, SEPTEMBER 5, 2017,
    BY BRIAN LAWSON, UPDATED AT 11:56AM, SEPTEMBER 5, 2017
    Ala

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - - The Trump Administration’s move to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program means the program’s future will likely be decided by Congress. And it’s become an issue in Alabama’s U.S. Senate race.

Current U.S. Sen. Luther Strange’s campaign has attacked his GOP runoff opponent Roy Moore over remarks last week in an interview on the issue. Moore appeared unfamiliar with the DACA program during an interview with Huntsville-based talk radio host Dale Jackson.

The DACA program was established by President Obama in 2012 and gave people who were brought into the U.S. as children by undocumented parents the ability to apply for two-year visas to continue to go to school, work or serve in the military. The young people in that legal status have been nicknamed “Dreamers.”

Obama’s order – which the Department of Justice announced Tuesday was being rescinded – applied to young people who were 16 or younger when they brought to the U.S . and were under 31 on June 15, 2012 and met other criteria. About 800,000 people have applied for the visas and subsequent renewals, including an estimated 4,000 in Alabama.

Strange, who has been endorsed by President Trump in the U.S. Senate race, has hewed tightly to the administration’s positions. His campaign say he opposes DACA and agrees with President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions on the need for an immigration policy based on the “rule of law.”

His campaign quickly put together an ad late last week after an interview Moore gave on the Dale Jackson Show on WVNN. The ad uses a portion of the interview, and the Strange campaign says it shows Moore is “indifferent at best,” or at worst, “completely confused” on the DACA issue.

Here’s an excerpt from the ad:

Dale Jackson: “You’re not aware of what Dreamers are?”
    Roy Moore: “No.”
    Dale Jackson: “Dreamers are … this is a big issue in the immigration debate, dreamers are …”
    Roy Moore: “Why don’t you tell me what it is Dale? Quit beating around and tell me what it is.”

Moore’s campaign sent WHNT News 19 a statement Monday regarding the DACA program.

“I oppose the DACA program,” Moore said in the statement. “I support President Trump, as he works towards ending DACA and overhauling our failed immigration system. We must enforce our immigration laws, and send every potential immigrant through the same thorough vetting process.

“I support ending this program and oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants in any form."

http://whnt.com/2017/09/05/daca-prog...s-senate-race/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    “I support ending this program and oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants in any form."
    Hopefully Moore's definition of amnesty isn't the same as Trump's.

From what I understand Luther Strange supports amnesty and came out against the RAISE Act. Anyone that is against the RAISE Act more than likely supports more immigration in the form of chain migration and guest worker programs.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Democrats declare new Trump-backed GOP immigration reform 'a non-starter'

by Stephen Loiaconi

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer speaks at a press conference on Capitol Hill on Aug. 2, 2017. (SBG)
    WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) —

President Donald Trump backed an effort by two Republican senators Wednesday to reform the nation’s legal immigration system, but the proposal was met with skepticism on Capitol Hill.

"This legislation will not only restore our competitive edge in the 21st Century, but it will restore the sacred bonds of trust between America and its citizens,” Trump said at a White House event promoting the Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy (RAISE) Act. “This legislation demonstrates our compassion for struggling American families who deserve an immigration system that puts their needs first and that puts America first."

The bill’s co-sponsors, Sens. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and David Perdue, R-Ga., joined the president at the event.

"For decades our immigration system has been completely divorced from the needs of our economy, and working Americans' wages have suffered as a result. Our legislation will set things right," Cotton said in a statement. "We will build an immigration system that raises working wages, creates jobs, and gives every American a fair shot at creating wealth, whether your family came over on the Mayflower or just took the oath of citizenship."

The RAISE Act would shift the U.S. toward a more merit-based immigration system in an attempt to ensure that new residents are best equipped to assimilate and thrive. The sponsors say this would function similarly to the systems used in Canada and Australia.

“The system would prioritize those immigrants who are best positioned to succeed in the United States and expand the economy. Applicants earn points based on education, English-language ability, high-paying job offers, age, record of extraordinary achievement, and entrepreneurial initiative,” a summary of the bill explains.

The bill would also retain the existing prioritization of spouses and minor children, but it would eliminate the preference given to extended family and adult relatives. It would end the Diversity Lottery system and place a 50,000-person limit on permanent refugee admissions per year.

At the White House Wednesday, Cotton complained that the current system allows one million new people into the country each year--"like adding the population of Montana every single year"—few of whom are chosen because of their skills.

Touting the success of this approach elsewhere, Perdue said, “It's pro-worker, it's pro-growth and it's been proven to work."

According to Trump, the legislation would help low-skilled American workers who often find themselves competing with these new arrivals for jobs.

However, Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., cautioned that manufacturers and dairy plants in his state are already struggling to fill all of their vacancies in the current job market.

“I’m all for merit-based and skills-based immigration, and a legal immigration system,” he said, “but we need to make sure we have an immigration system that allows enough people into this country to make sure that we can staff manufacturers and dairy farms and all of our organizations that grow our economy.”

Democrats had an even colder reaction.

“The bottom line is to cut immigration by half a million people, legal immigration doesn’t make much sense,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. “This is different than illegal immigration. This creates jobs in America, it helps America, and we think it’s a non-starter.”

According to Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., taking away the prioritization of family members is the wrong way to go.

“It should be about creating a system that ultimately preserves our history as a nation of immigrants, observes the rule of law, creates opportunities economically,” he said.

Democratic lawmakers argued for a more bipartisan, comprehensive approach to the issue, similar to the legislation that passed in the Senate in 2013 and died in the House.

“What the Senate should do is go back to what it passed in an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote just a few years back,” said Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.

That bill included border security enhancements without a wall—“which is a waste of money,” Van Hollen added—and an eventual path to legal status.

“It brought people together,” he said.

Sen. Bob Casey, D-Penn., also suggested reviving elements of the 1,200 bill that secured 14 Republican votes in the Senate in 2013 but was adamantly opposed by House conservatives.

“I think we came to a place in 2013 where we had a bipartisan 68-vote Senate bill which dealt with a lot of tough issues,” he said, “and if we could reach something that’s reasonably comparable to that, that would be better for everybody.”

With tax reform and budget battles on the horizon and the possible resurrection of a zombie Obamacare repeal bill always looming overhead, the future of the RAISE Act is uncertain, even with the president’s enthusiastic support.

Though he had not yet learned the details of the bill on Wednesday morning, Sen. Luther Strange, R-Ala., said the Senate already has plenty of big issues on its plate already, but it can make room for immigration reform too if there is an opportunity to get it done.

“My message to my colleagues is we’ve got to stay here and keep working through the recess, so I would add that to the list if it’s coming our way,” Strange said.

http://khqa.com/news/connect-to-cong...-a-non-starter

Strange hadn't studied the bill as of August 2, the date of this article, but he sure seemed open to it and wanted to continue working on our bills through the August recess.

MW
    Excerpt:

“When President Trump was elected last November, the voters sent a very clear message that they want true immigration reform,” Moore said in a statement announcing his backing of the bill. The statement continued:

This means not only securing our borders to stop illegal immigration, but also rethinking our approach to legal immigration. I am proud to join President Trump, along with Senators Cotton and Perdue, in supporting the RAISE Act. When I am sworn in as the next Senator from Alabama, I will be signing the RAISE Act as a cosponsor. I support the RAISE Act because it creates a modern, smarter immigration system, while protecting Americans who are struggling to make ends meet and ensuring that nuclear families remain intact. Decades of failed immigration policies that allow low-skill and unskilled labor into our nation have depressed wages for American workers. These failed policies do not meet the needs of our economy, and this proposal will correct that by establishing a system that spurs economic growth, creates jobs and raises working wages. The RAISE Act wisely recognizes that instead of handing out visas through fraud-ridden, random lotteries, the United States should reduce the amount of immigrants admitted annually and prioritize those with the skills and education to make a contribution to our economy. This proposal is an important step, leading our country away from its outdated and uncompetitive immigration system, towards a modernized, merit-based system to place a greater emphasis on skills-based migration. A focus on skills is long overdue and will greatly benefit American workers and our economy.

Strange, meanwhile, opposes the president on the RAISE Act. He has had months to cosponsor the bill and has refused. Strange’s campaign refuses to make the senator available for an interview on matters like these, so he cannot publicly explain his deepening opposition to President Trump and his policies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...uther-strange/

This information is more recent than the information you provided, Judy.
    Last edited by MW; 09-19-2017 at 09:25 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's not quotes, it's someone's statement about him opposing the RAISE ACT. There is no statement that I can find from Strange saying that he opposes the RAISE ACT. Why would he? Trump supports the RAISE ACT, "very strongly". Why would Strange oppose the RAISE ACT when he knows Trump supports it and wants Trump's help to win the primary? Doesn't make much sense to me. Anyway, I guess we'll learn more as we go along. It's up to Alabamans to decide.

MW
    Here's more information on Sen. Luther Strange's opposition to the RAISE Act. and support of DACA amnesty:

Excerpt:

What is particularly interesting is that Strange—for all his bluster and rhetoric that he is supportive of the president—is refusing to back up the president’s support of the RAISE Act from Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and David Perdue (R-GA). The RAISE Act would reduce immigration levels to the United States by about half per year, refocusing U.S. policy for the first time in decades on the effects on American workers rather than foreigners and special business and corporate interests like the Chamber of Commerce represents.
    Repeated inquiries to Strange and his campaign from Breitbart News asking for an interview on this matter have been ignored, as Strange continues to dodge pro-Trump conservatives throughout the media and political world.

Moore, on the other hand, publicly backed the president and the RAISE Act this week. Moore has also been channeling now former U.S. Sen Jeff Sessions (R-AL), the man who President Trump selected as his Attorney General, on the campaign trail. This special election between Moore and Strange is for Sessions’ seat. Sessions represented Alabama in the U.S. Senate for two decades, and emerged as one of the fiercest fighters on immigration and trade policy just like President Trump.

Strange has now publicly backed efforts to legislatively grant amnesty to illegal aliens who had their illegally granted executive amnesty status revoked from the unconstitutional Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...uther-strange/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast