Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dallas High School Students graduating-can't add or subtract

Hoosier Army Mom’s Blog
    Conservative ViewsHome About Dallas High School Seniors graduating - can’t add nor subtract
    By CYNTHIA IZAGUIRRE - WFAA-TV - May 10, 2008

Meet your new burger-flippers, the Class of ‘08 … 75% of graduating Dallas, TX seniors can’t read above 8th grade level or handle enough math to deal drugs …

And, just think … these are America’s “Future Leadersâ€

[quote]And, just think … these are America’s “Future Leadersâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Sample Math Question

If Jorge and his IA spouse lives in LA and needs a one way ticket to Mexico or enough gas to make it with munchies: how many welfare checks must he collect to do so before ICE catches onto the fraud of the American Tax payer?

Or is this a trick question
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Sample Math Question

If Jorge and his IA spouse lives in LA and needs a one way ticket to Mexico or enough gas to make it with muchies: how many welfare checks must he collect to do so before ICE catches onto the fraud of the American Tax payer?

Na not a trick question ! but so i don't fail the test and look like a Dallas HS grad . Whats the cost of a barrel of oil that week ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I thought that No Child Left Behind required them to pass a test somewhere along the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------

www.revolutionmarch.com

But what if we told you that 75 percent of the seniors headed to Dallas community colleges, can’t read above an 8th grade level, and others can’t add or subtract?
    Why are they graduating? No Child Left Behind. They can not pass the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) Test required for graduation, if they are that poorly educated. Are they just walking the stage? Are they spending a lot of time in TAKS prep classes?

These kids should have flunked Jr. High!

They can't get into college, except taking remedial courses. They can't pass the Texas Academic Skills Program (TASP) Test, ACT, SAT, PSAT...

They should be college ready when they get a high school diploma!

The GED would be too hard for that crowd to pass.

They should not be receiving a diploma. Bush should have done something about his when he was governor, instead of cover it up on his way to DC. I lie not, I watched him do it. These are Bush's test, that he defended and is apparently still pushing on America!

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Sample Math Question

If Jorge and his IA spouse lives in LA and needs a one way ticket to Mexico or enough gas to make it with muchies: how many welfare checks must he collect to do so before ICE catches onto the fraud of the American Tax payer?

I think they could collect an infinite number of welfare checks because ICE will never catch them.
    Is that the answer?

Some DISD students not ready for college

Entire Article

Some DISD students not ready for college

06:02 PM CDT on Saturday, May 10, 2008

By CYNTHIA IZAGUIRRE / WFAA-TV

Video - http://www.wfaa.com/video/index.html?nvid=244124&shu=1

Cynthia Izaguirre reports
    05/10/08

DALLAS — It's May, which means thousands of high school seniors across North Texas can almost taste it: their diploma. This month 7,500 Dallas ISD seniors are expected to walk across the stage and make their families proud.

But what if we told you that 75 percent of the seniors headed to Dallas community colleges can't read above an 8th grade level, and others can't add or subtract?

Graduation is a time for feeling proud, but that might quickly change to frustration for thousands of DISD students like Gia Hollis come fall, when reality hits.

News 8 requested and received documents from the Dallas County Community College District that show, over the last three years, an average of 75 percent of the DISD students enrolled in classes took at least one developmental education course.

“My reading levels are so low, and I’m really not comprehending, and it’s really holding me back," Hollis said. "It’s taking me longer."

Hollis is in a developmental reading course at El Centro College. Developmental courses prepare students to take college classes. In the Fall of 2007, out of the 1,110 DISD students enrolled in Dallas community colleges, 810 had to take one of these courses.

“This percentage is much too high," said Dr. Joan Rodriguez, who teaches developmental reading at El Centro. In her upper level course, where we met Hollis, most students read at an 8th to 10th grade level, struggling to comprehend what’s in some newspaper articles.

“I get so frustrated," Hollis said. "Don't know why I wasn't taught those skills before coming here and having to be at this point in my life and start all over. It’s been very challenging."

â€

Nice start for the new third world ....sheeez...maybe they should all move to LA,,,the will fit in well
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast