Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dallas Restaurnt Post Help-Wanted Ads in ONLY Spanish

I was down in Deep Ellum Dallas for a concert this weekend and I decided to go for a walk an check out part of the neighborhood.

I walked by this place called "Istanbul Grill" and stopped to read the signs on the windows.

One sign was of a guy waiting tables and it read 'Now hiring servers' and had a phone number at the bottom to call.

I then saw a peculiar sign next to it in all spanish. At first I thought it was a spanish version of the same sign, but when I read it again I realized that it was a sign for cooks.

So, only english speakers can wait tables and spanish speakers are forced into the kitchen. This is outright racist!

"Se Necesita Ayudante De Cogna
    Tiempo Completo
    Para mas informacion por favor llamada"

Istanbul Grill
    815-793-8452
    Address: 2704 Elm Str. Dallas, TX 75226

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Where I live rental signs are like that all over. I guess housing discrimination laws don't matter anymore...
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

We've got help wanted ads only in Spanish here in North Carolina also.

This has been happening in Miami for years.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

hahahaha

Welcome to the third world America; taken down by a 5'2" Mexican
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    dragon5 wrote:

So, only english speakers can wait tables and spanish speakers are forced into the kitchen. This is outright racist!
    Don't cooks make more than waiters? I agree that an English speaker should be able to apply for the cook position too. However, unless the Spanish speaker also spoke English, it wouldn't make sense giving them a waiters job unless the majority of the customers were Spanish.

Both signes should have been in English!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

what doesn't make sense is requiring a language at jobs like this. IF Congress would make English our Official language things like this would become illegal.

For example this restaurant I bet claims they cant get english speakers to fill the position... DUH they only advertise in Spanish, but they cant be held accountable via the law for it. So they are basically being racist by proxy.

IF their excuse was taken away and they had no reason to advertise the position in another language then they would be forced to.

And yes Cooks do make more than a waiter/waitress, but hispanic cooks with no english skills make way less than a normal cooks position (can you guess why).

This whole situtation reminds of the chinese couple here in TX that had hired two illegal aliens to work their kitchen. To help they let the illegal aliens move in with them, the illegals then raped and murdered their son.

I once had a waitress in a Houston Chinese restaurant that only spoke Spanish.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

There is one at Starbuck's who speaks very little English. She was late coming to work as a road was closed by police. I asked her right or left side and she couldn't answer in English and replied in Spanish. Later I learned that a Broward County Sheriff's Deputy was shot in the head. He was alive in very critical condition last time I checked. The guy who shot him was a Hispanic male and has had numerous arrests. I am pushing to find out if he is an illegal or not. With so many illegals in South Florida, you never know.

Eating out is a dangerous thing don't you think? If these people hate us so much, what do you think they are doing to our food? Same thing with food you buy. I went to the store last night and couldn't belive all the stuff from China. Got me some land now and I'm going to grow food for my family. Veggies to beef and pork. I don't trust our government to keep our food safe. Well, I don't trust our government period! I stay away from WalMart completely. They have all their companies in China. Poor Sam Walton. He had the best thing going with stores carrying only American made products. Look what his greedy family has done now. No China stuff for me or my family. I'd pay twice as much for less if it's made in the USA!
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast