Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Daughters School Catalogue Printed in Spanish!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I need some advice here, perhaps from someone who has had the same problem. I was livid when I found out that my daughters school course catalogue was printed in both English and Spanish. This is the whole school district! Alot of my hard earned tax dollars go to this school and I would like some ideas on how I should approach the school on this subject. It is clearly pandering and I want it to stop! Help!
    Under Title 1 of the ELEMENTARY & SECONDARY EDUCATION CODE there is $25,000,000,000 that is dolled out to US schools who qualify. Apparently schools have plenty of money to use to print things in English and Spanish. I can assure you that our public schools who qualify for Title 1 money do as little as they have to spend the money.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Alisab,

I think we both feel like we're in a nightmare that we can't wake up from!!

I know why the government panders but why do our SCHOOLS pander?? This is just insanity on an insane level!

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    I am sitting here looking at a Free TENNderCare checkup distributed to my neighborhood in Tennessee. It is English on one side and completely Spanish on the other. It is pandering to illegals . . . .free health care check up . . .free dentist every six months . . even 'if you need a ride to a checkup, call the healthplan.' I was livid when I received this.

Who is going to pay for my children's healthcare, dental care and WHO IS GOING TO PICK UP MY CHILD AND TAKE THEM TO THEIR FREE HEALTHCARE APPOINTMENT???!!!! My husband and I have to pay but if we were ILLEGAL, we could get it free!!!!!!!!!!!!1

On the bottom of this piece of crap is a note that 1,500,000 copies were made and distributed and cost of $.028 per copy . . . meaning that we all paid $42,000.00 to cater to illegals.

I also registered my son for kindergarten today .. . one of the papers I had to fill out was 'what is my language in my home?? what language do we speak at home?? at public places?? what was the first language my son spoke??? THEY ARE CATERING EVERYWHERE!!!

I am one angry parent today just trying to register my child for kindergarten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Our schools here in CA are in a major budget crisis. My kids elementary school is asking for money lately on literally a weekely basis for this or that. One beef I have with them is the amount of papers that come home each and every day.
    Flyers in English and spanish for this or that-mostly things that don't pertain to school come home daily. They don't even print on the other side. Big time waste of paper! If they are this hard up for money-why not eMail this stuff??? They have my eMail address and it never got used!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Daughters School Catalogue Printed in Spanish!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I need some advice here, perhaps from someone who has had the same problem. I was livid when I found out that my daughters school course catalogue was printed in both English and Spanish.
    I suggest you find another school becuase if children of illegal aliens start entering, your school's quality will drop like a rock. Your child's education will suffer because of the time the teachers will have to give those children becuase they don't know English. So, boycott the school and see if that works.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with Rockfish.

If there is any way you can move your child to another school do so.I wish Americans across the country would boycott the schools who are pandering to non-english speaking hispanics as it would effect how much federal money they receive and would get their attention fast !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Our schools here in CA are in a major budget crisis. My kids elementary school is asking for money lately on literally a weekely basis for this or that. One beef I have with them is the amount of papers that come home each and every day.
    Houston area schools are in a financial mess as well. We have plenty of money to pander to illegals but many of our area school districts are in a huge budget shortfall for next year. Their first impulse is to lay off teachers. What about cutting some of these EXPENSIVE programs like ESL?

I feel very badly for the 42,000 teachers who California plans to lay off this summer. With more and more illegals coming in eating up more and more of their budgets, how does your governor Arnold think kids are going to be educated? One thing for sure you have to have to educate is KIDS and TEACHERS. The rest is where you cut.

For instance HISD's Superintendent makes $320K plus bonuses etc for a grand total of almost $500K / yr. In fact, $50 more than the President of the USA makes. There are almost 100 others high up that make in excess of $100K/yr. Teachers top out at $68K after many decades of service. Between paying the expensive salaries of top Administrators (CEO's) and funding expensive social programs like ESL and Special Ed, its little wonder our school have any money to pay teachers.

Trust me, I got angry as I could get because my son kept bringing home papers from school addressed to his parents and they were all in Spanish, not English. It took me weeks to get that stopped.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

bigtex --

School superintendents' pay has been a big issue here in New York, specifically on Long Island where they're making up to $300,000+. It is an outrage!

Yet, every year the school budget goes ever higher and the sheeple go along with it because they're scared their kids' education will somehow be compromised. If only they realized that they have no control over the bulk of the increases, which are salaries (voted on by the corrupt school boards) and pensions and benefits (for which the counties are contractually obligated). And they do this with complete disregard for the ability of tax payers to pay these outrageous increases, which we don't receive in our private-sector jobs.

This thread is gettng my blood boiling all over again as a result of a recent experience I had with my school district.

It's school-budget time once again here in my county and district when we go through the ritual of having to vote for or against another whopping increase in salaries and benefits for over-staffed school departments, plus any number of new "oh so good for the children" programs to justify the existence of all those jobs, IMO.

Well, one new program on the list this year is Spanish for Native Speakers. When I asked what that was, I was told that it is a course that brings Spanish-speaking students up to speed in their native Spanish language so that they can better understand the fundamentals of English!

The theory (based on concrete research, I was told) is that if they can better understand their own language first, they will grasp English quicker.

I blew a gasket at the originator of this idea (aka the head of the school's ESL program), as well as at the deputy superintendent who supports it wholeheartedly, and one of the school-board members. They all think it's a terrific idea, regardless of the fact that these Spanish speakers already have ESL, which is now dictated by law and paid for with our tax dollars!

This new program would also cost thousands more per year. It is NOT dictated by law but based on the whim or desire of certain school busybodies, and I am furious that I will be forced to pay for it.

(Btw, our property taxes are the second highest in the nation and they are killing us!)

When I got into a heated debate with the school-board member, pointing out that ESL is enough and that we should be focusing on English immersion instead, NOT gouging the tax-payer anymore, she said that immigrants who came here years ago and learned English quickly did so because they HAD to. I shreiked, "Yes!! Exactly!! Then if THEY did it, why can't this crop of immigrants?" "Why are we spoon-feeding them and sucking us dry in the process?!!"

She then said the most outrageous thing. She said that times have changed -- that now there is choice!

I am now working to alert as many residents as possible to this program in the hope that they will vote no to this budget. My gut feeling is that, as usual, the sheeple will go along and vote yes because they've been brainwashed to fear that any budget cuts will hurt their children, despite the fact that 82% of our public-school budget is for ever-increasing salaries and benefits at unsustainable rates that the private sector does not get today.

Put a fork in me. I'm done!

Houston area schools are in a financial mess as well. We have plenty of money to pander to illegals but many of our area school districts are in a huge budget shortfall for next year. Their first impulse is to lay off teachers. What about cutting some of these EXPENSIVE programs like ESL?
    I find this interesting as there are billboards in the Downtown area of San Diego trying to get liad off teachers here to move to TX to teach. Made me wonder who they would be teaching. Illegals?

What a sad state of affairs this is. Gov. Arnie says not to blame illegals, while he makes massive budget cuts at our expense. The quality of our schools will further decline and our taxes are sure to go up one way or another. In my area, we pay 1.1% which isn't bad, but when you consider the average price of a house is around 450K and up, a tax increase would kill a lot of us financially. We are now paying around $3.50 to $4.00 for a dozen eggs. Gas is $3.90 a gallon average. Deisel is hovering around $4.30 a gallon.

Last Saturday, as I was leaving to run an errand, I was in my car letting it warm up a bit in the driveway when a man and his dog rounded the corner of our house. Then, right under my nose, he lets his dog take a leak on the plants in my yard! I asked him if he would mind not letting his dog pee in my yard. I got no apology. He just let the damn dog finish his business and went ambling up the road. He looked to be about in his early 50's.

I ran my errands boiling pissed and ended up spending most of the day in bed. I feel like we are being squeezed every which way possible and I'm not taking it well. Seems like a minor thing like some ass disrepecting my property was enough to ruin my day on top of everything else going on. Im need to grow a thicker skin!

Here is the address for Pro English
    http://www.proenglish.org/
    K.C McAlpin is the leader and he has spoken at many rallies for immigration reform. The groups advocates making English the official language of the U.S. and is firmly against illegal immigration.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast