Like Tree2Likes

Thread: David French will not run as an independent for the presidency

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

David French will not run as an independent for the presidency

By KEITH KOFFLER • 6/5/16 9:18 PM

Attorney and writer David French, who for the last week has been touted as a potential independent candidate for president, announced Sunday evening that he will not run.

French, who revealed his decision in an article in the National Review, for which he often writes, had reportedly been recruited by Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol after efforts to get 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney to run failed.

"Here is a sentence I never thought I'd type: After days of prayer, reflection, and serious study of the possibilities, I am not going to run as an independent candidate for president of the United States," French wrote.

French said there was a "path" to victory for an independent candidate, but decided in the end that he was not the one who could travel it successfully.

"Indeed, the path is there. I spent the last several days with some of the best minds in politics. I learned that the ballot-access challenge can be met with modest effort (by an existing network ready to activate), that the polling for a true outsider independent was better than most people know, and that there are many, many Americans — including outstanding political talents — who are willing to quit their jobs — today — to help provide the American people with an alternative.

"But given the timing, the best chance for success goes to a person who either is extraordinarily wealthy (or has immediate access to extraordinary wealth) or is a transformational political talent. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve my country, and I thank God for the successes I've had as a lawyer and a writer, but it is plain to me that I'm not the right person for this effort."

It is not clear whether another candidate is ready at the moment to jump in.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/da...rticle/2593054
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for letting US know. Bill Kristol is just an idiot wasting so many people's time and energy on a pure folly.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn