Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Day at the River - Saved by Good Mexican Families

Every year my grandchildren love to come visit me. One of their favorite places to visit is a park on the river about a 10 minute drive from my home. Yesterday we went a little later than usual and found a different world.

When we arrived their were few people on the beach and playing in the river. We set our chairs up and the kids were in the water in a heart beat. Ever vigiliant nana took to my spot in my chair. Where once I would have been in the water playing with the kids I have taken to being on guard.

The family to the left was a older gentlemen, a younger man and two little girls. Down the river to my right was another family, the mother wearing a American Flag visor. They were all Hispanic, but they were all speaking English and I felt comfortable.

All of a sudden about 6 Mexican men appeared running into the river beer in hand. They were speaking Spanish, so I did not know what they were saying. As I was watching them, thinking it was about time to leave, I noticed the families to the left and right of me started moving closer to me. Finally the older gentleman approached and started speaking to me, while the younger man stayed in front of me speaking as he watched the gang of men.

We had a interesting conversation about my feelings right now about Mexicans and surprisingly they agreed. The older man said he would love it if things could go back to the way it used to be between Americans and Hispanics. He doesn't like this new breed of Mexicans comming here either. Over and over he said it is about respect, Anglo's get no respect from Mexicans. As the young man said, he was born in America, has never to Mexico and dreads it when someone ask him if he is Mexican, he says he never knows what to say. I told him how I hated hyphenated Americans to just say he is American.

Anyway as all of a sudden I find myself surrounded by these Mexican families all wanting to carry on this conversation with me venting with why we feel the way we do and them actually listening and agreeing they finally open up as to why they had chosen to approach us. They said they too had been watching us, that they had seen the family love and respect and that in looks and action we represented the beautiful American Family. They said that the group of men that appeared were wearing gang colors and tatoo's and in Spanish were sexually threatening my two 18 year old grandaughters. I thanked them and all of us the two hispanic families and mine packed up and walked to our cars together.

I have always said there is good and bad in every group. I am thankful that these families thought to try and protect my grandaughters.

Thanks for sharing. We cannot tell who is on which side by their physical features. Half breed kids like my own don't know how to fill out forms - which race should they choose? Culturally they are U.S.American so why does the race matter?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

illegals

i've talked to different legal hispanics and they say there lives are harder due to the illegals. they are paid less and treated like they are dumb and are enccouraged not to speak english. they too are in the same situation that the rest of us citizens are in.
    why can't our government see that the crime rate has increased, diseases that were once eradicated have reappeared, they are economically draining on our society. i mean what is it going to take? are we going to have to go into a full state of poverty

Legal Hispanic immigrants and loyal Hispanic Americans know of the rape and pillage that awaits our children at the hands of illegals.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thik we'd all be suprised to find out the number of legal Hispanics
    that are against illegal immigration. At the very least illegals ruin their
    communities and dilute their relationship with the rest of Americans. In
    my opinion they are the first victims of illegal immigration.

I wish our politicians understood this.

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

Pro Illegal haters and whiners DO NOT speak for all hispanics any more than CA's boycotts of AZ speak for all Californians.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Legal Hispanic immigrants and loyal Hispanic Americans know of the rape and pillage that awaits our children at the hands of illegals.

W"

That's the truth. Out of deference to politically correct cultural norms mostly you will hear benign warnings like "They are different. They live differently." Real different. Unimaginably different. Over the years I have been surprised that there isn't even more crime in their community because of this.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Yes it is sad, but the open dialogue was great. It broke my heart as I was expressing my feelings and my grandaughters expressed theres to see this older gentleman start to cry. As tears ran down his face he told us he knew we were speaking the truth because he had heard and seen too many times what we were saying. He said "I have been here 40 years I love this country and would die for it. It breaks my heart to see the disrespect that these new immigrants show to gringos".

We talked of MECha and Atzlan, which they disagree with. I had one question that really through them, that they had not thought of but had to agree with me. I asked them if they were Catholic, which of course they were. So I said o.k. I keep hearing the Indigious saying this is their country and they want all Anglo's to go back to Europe. They blame everything on Anglo's. So I pointed out the Mission program in California, run by the Catholic Church that virtually made slaves out of the Indians. This was the major destruction of tribes in California, not the Ango's.

MontereySherry wrote:
    We talked of MECha and Atzlan, which they disagree with.
    How much of this stuff did they already know about and how much did
    you have to fill them in on?

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

How much of this stuff did they already know about and how much did
    you have to fill them in on?
    Actually they knew quite a lot. They actually understood most of the history of California, even the point that Mexico didn't really want any part of California when Spain ruled. The only confusion seemed to be when they told me that Mexico didn't seem to care or want the southwest states until after they got the money from us.