Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DEATH: Terry Anderson, Radio Host Champion of Black American

DEATH: Terry Anderson, Radio Host Champion of Black Americans Against Unfair Immigrant Competition

By Roy Beck, Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 8:34 PM EDT - posted on NumbersUSA

Terry Anderson, who called himself the Prisoner of South Central (Los Angeles) died earlier today, and the silence is already deafening.

For more than a decade, Terry has broadcast his loud and angry Sunday night radio show from Los Angeles under the motto of:

"Articulating The Popular Rage"

His constant tag-line was:

"If You Ain't Mad, You Ain't Payin' Attention"

When blue-collar Black Americans across the nation began to lose control of their neighborhoods, their occupations, their schools and their livelihoods because of immigration during the 1990s, Terry -- above all others -- refused to be silent.

For more than 15 years, nobody has been a more outspoken champion of the cause of Black Americans against the unfair competition of immigration.

A BIG MAN IN OVERALLS WITH A VOICE & MESSAGE TO MATCH

Terry's anger at what immigration had done to the historic Black neighborhoods of South Central L.A. pushed him onto stages across California and eventually across America. Usually proudly wearing overalls and doing nothing to disguise his small business and auto mechanic livelihood, Terry became one of the most popular orators in the movement to protect U.S. workers from illegal immigration.

Sadly, few of the traditional civil rights leaders -- Black or White -- have said a word in defense of Black Americans when it comes to immigration. Most of them have decided that the pain inflicted disproportionately on Black Americans is acceptable because immigration provides the leaders with other benefits. That is what made Terry's work so important and so courageous -- and so unique.

(Be sure to look at a short passionate interview of Terry that we used in one of our versions of the Chart & Gumballs video that we produced in the late 1990s.)

As far as I know, Terry had led a rather provincial life until immigration began to totally overwhelm his neighborhood. But he soon was seeing America. I first met him on the set of a cable TV show in Washington DC. It was his first time to see the nation's Capital. When taping was over late in the evening, I had the great privilege of driving Terry around all the lighted monuments of DC as the night tour evoked emotional patriotic expressions from him at the first-time sighting of each landmark.

Terry loved America, even when parts of America (including, sadly, some people who agree with the need to reduce immigration) still didn't see Black Americans as equally deserving and equally important parts of our national community. Terry always made those of us White Americans in the movement feel that he believed we cared as much about the Black victims in his Black neighborhood as we cared about White victims. And because of that, I sense that he created a lot more real and heart-felt concern throughout the movement for the disproportionate victimization of Black Americans by our nation's immigration policies.

MANY HEROES DIE BEFORE SEEING THE POSSIBILITY OF VICTORY DURING LONG BATTLES FOR CHANGE

Terry becomes the latest of a long list of grassroots patriots who selflessly devoted large amounts of their time and resources to this cause and have died without seeing a truly hopeful sign that the nation can be saved from the promiscuous immigration policies of the last 45 years.

He fought to the end in the hope that we might one day return to traditional levels of immigration and the rule of law in protecting the most vulnerable of Americans. But he died while the trajectory of his California continues to be abysmal deterioration.

Those of us who continue to live can honor Terry and all the other fallen patriots of the immigration-reduction movement by refusing to allow the status quo immigration policies to exist indefinitely. At some point, patriots in our numbers will begin to die with real evidence that the long, long effort for change will prevail before much of what we hold dear in our country is devastated.

If Terry couldn't live to see the victory, let's hope that at least those of us who knew Terry and were inspired by him will live to see it -- and without having to set any longevity records!

At this moment, though, Terry, I AM mad and I AM paying attention to the fact that our federal government is working even more vigorously to hurt Black Americans through its immigration policies than when you and I threw ourselves into this fight.

You know that I and NumbersUSA have always given special attention to the special threats immigration poses to Black Americans. You heard me express these concerns numerous times when we spoke from the same platforms, and we will speak even more forcefully now to attempt to compensate for the loss of your voice. And I know that although your special concern was for Black victims, your activism was for Americans of all races.

We've all lost a great advocate.

ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA

NumbersUSA's blogs are copyrighted and may be republished or reposted only if they are copied in their entirety, including this paragraph, and provide proper credit to NumbersUSA. NumbersUSA bears no responsibility for where our blogs may be republished or reposted.
    Views and opinions expressed in blogs on this website are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect official policies of NumbersUSA.
    Subscribe to our Blog Feed

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusab ... t-unfair-i

Kathyet

April
    How sad!

A team can ill afford to lose one of it's star players.Rest in peace Terry Anderson.

We will miss him.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Long Live Terry Anderson,

and Robert Krentz,

and Jamiel Shaw,

and the Bologna family,

and Justin Inman,

and the thousands of unknown to us true and loyal American partiots who the traitors in Washington DC took everything from, their freedom, prosperity, and in many cases their life.

Let them live on in our memories as we continue their struggle against tyranny, oppression, and evil.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please make a comment about Terry on ALIPAC's online memorial at this link...
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-205461.html