Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Debate . . . . a yawn

These two guys are pathetic. You know I didn't like mccain but wanted to vote for him to help our country and b/c I liked Palin. After he signed the 'bail out' last week, I don't believe a freakin' word he says and I am sick of the sight of both of these two.

On the biased side, I have been watching CNN's channel to watch the 'pulse of uncommitted voters.' Of course, they are all leaning towards obama and get the warm and fuzzy positive when he speaks.

This government is a joke. Nothing will change for the better with either one of them.

Too bad you screwed it up for us mccain. I barf when he praises himself for cutting earmarks. And all of the digs at obama are going against him now.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I DONT SEE THAT AS A DEBATE. THEY WERE JUST BOTH THERE. NEITHER OF THEM EVEN ATTEMPTED TO SINK THEIR TEETH INTO ANY ISSUE FACING OUR COUNTRY. THEY JUST SEEMED LIKE THEY BOTH MEMORIZED WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO SAY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would like to hear either candidate spell out what they would do about the annual $350 Billion tax collection deficit.

Why even talk about failing pensions and insufficient Social Security funds when that much revenue goes uncollected---in most occasions from people or businesses that are not exactly in a state of crisis--(such as having a major uninsured illness.) They just didn't plan ahead.

Does Obama think union members should get off the hook, such as public employees who conduct side businesses or comstruction people working off the books. does McCain think off shore tax havens are chic?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I missed "Everyone Loves Raymond" rerun for that?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Why even talk about failing pensions and insufficient Social Security funds when that much revenue goes uncollected---
    The very first question was specifically about those close to retirement and all the retirement funds lost......2 TRILLION in the past couple days, broke SS and neither one addressed that specifically......till later, which appeard to me to be.....cut, cut, cut. I'll be selfish here because with retirement looming.....it hits me. I mean my age group paid in, I think it was about the time I was 40- 45 they started in with the sudden problem of possibly no SS. About that same time is when people in my age group were loosing jobs right and left because of globalization, no new jobs that came close to covering the ever growing expenses.....immigrants legal and illegal comming by the millions, to where they were using their retirement savings to make ends meet. House taxes doubling, insurance rates sky rocketing and now with no time to recover, a huge un-employment rate and all these people looking for work and having to compete......well, it's not promising for healthy getting older people.....let alone those who have an illness. They said the hardest hit group was those retired or within 10 years of retiring......yet nothing being said about that. How are they going to deal with all us Boomers. Many who planned and had the rug pulled out from under them through no fault of their own. OOOPPPSSSSS......too bad, so sad....learn Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Why even talk about failing pensions and insufficient Social Security funds when that much revenue goes uncollected---
    The very first question was specifically about those close to retirement and all the retirement funds lost......2 TRILLION in the past couple days, broke SS and neither one addressed that specifically......till later, which appeard to me to be.....cut, cut, cut. I'll be selfish here because with retirement looming.....it hits me. I mean my age group paid in, I think it was about the time I was 40- 45 they started in with the sudden problem of possibly no SS. About that same time is when people in my age group were loosing jobs right and left because of globalization, no new jobs that came close to covering the ever growing expenses.....immigrants legal and illegal comming by the millions, to where they were using their retirement savings to make ends meet. House taxes doubling, insurance rates sky rocketing and now with no time to recover, a huge un-employment rate and all these people looking for work and having to compete......well, it's not promising for healthy getting older people.....let alone those who have an illness. They said the hardest hit group was those retired or within 10 years of retiring......yet nothing being said about that. How are they going to deal with all us Boomers. Many who planned and had the rug pulled out from under them through no fault of their own. OOOPPPSSSSS......too bad, so sad....learn Spanish?
    YOU MUST BE IN EXACTLY THE SAME AGE GROUP AS I AM.

YA....CUT CUT CUT.

ONE SIMPLE REMEDY WOULD BE TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ILLEGALS HERE. AND STOP GIVING OUT WORK VISAS LIKE BUBBLE GUM.WAGES WOULD GO WAY UP. THAT ALONE WOULD SOLVE PART OR MUCH OF THE PROBLEM WITH SS.

SS TAX IS COLLECTED AS A PERCENT OF WAGES. HIGHER WAGES=MORE MONEY IN SS. ALSO HIGHER WAGES=MORE PEOPLE PEOPLE EVEN PAYING INTO SS. BECAUSE BELOW A CERTAIN WAGE YOU GET EARNED INCOME CREDIT AND DONT PAY ANY TAX AT ALL.

RAISING THE WAGE SCALE WOULD IMMEDIATELY GENERATE REVENUE. BUT NO....THEY WOULD RATHER THAT EVERY PROGRAM GO BROKE.

THEY DID NOT SPECIFICALLY ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM. CUT CUT CUT...THAT IS ALWAYS THEIR ANSWER. OH BUT LETS KEEP GIVING OUT WORK VISAS. I HAVE NO FAITH IN EITHER OF THEM.

Could be.........did everything like they told us to do and got the ultimate shaft.

When McCain mentioned that the government needs to buy up all the bad mortgages and reduce the principal and interest...I don't feel that went over too well with conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Could be.........did everything like they told us to do and got the ultimate shaft.
    YEP...AND NOW THEY ARE COMING BACK FOR "SECONDS". WELL WE HAVE A REALLY BIG SUPRISE FOR THEM THIS TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    When McCain mentioned that the government needs to buy up all the bad mortgages and reduce the principal and interest...I don't feel that went over too well with conservatives.
    I CAN TELL YOU NOW THAT THERE IS AN INHERENT PROBLEM IN DOING THIS. SUBPRIME HOMES ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO LOST VALUE. WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEIR HOMES MANY YEARS AGO WITH TRADITIONAL LOANS? THE VALUE OF THEIR HOMES HAS ALSO DECREASED. BUT THEY ARE PAYING THEIR PAYMENTS AND ARE NOT AT RISK UNLESS THEY LOSE THEIR JOB OR SOMETHING. WHAT ABOUT THE DECREASED VALUE OF THEIR HOME?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast