Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    When McCain mentioned that the government needs to buy up all the bad mortgages and reduce the principal and interest...I don't feel that went over too well with conservatives.
    I CAN TELL YOU NOW THAT THERE IS AN INHERENT PROBLEM IN DOING THIS. SUBPRIME HOMES ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO LOST VALUE. WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEIR HOMES MANY YEARS AGO WITH TRADITIONAL LOANS? THE VALUE OF THEIR HOMES HAS ALSO DECREASED. BUT THEY ARE PAYING THEIR PAYMENTS AND ARE NOT AT RISK UNLESS THEY LOSE THEIR JOB OR SOMETHING. WHAT ABOUT THE DECREASED VALUE OF THEIR HOME?
    The problem is the government wants to reward bad behavior....How about the rest of us who pay our mortgage on time, we have also lost alot of equity...We want to be bailed out too!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    When McCain mentioned that the government needs to buy up all the bad mortgages and reduce the principal and interest...I don't feel that went over too well with conservatives.
    That was just unbelievable. And this is our Republican supposedly "conservative" nominee (which we all know he isn't). What planet is McCain living on? Does he have any idea of where this money would come from...on top of the $700B he has already voted in favor of for the bailout?

On the off chance McCain does win, I guess i should hurry up and buy a bigger house I can't afford so the govt can bail me out and reward my irresponsibility.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird

The very first question was specifically about those close to retirement and all the retirement funds lost.....
    If you are close to retirement and have all your IRA money in stocks you deserve to lose it, any financial planner will tell you to start putting your money into fixed income accounts starting 10 years before retirement.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yup, more senseless blather......just run your talking points gibberish.....tell Americans nothing...

Another mainstream media cover job as well...

If I hear Senator McCain say "reach across the aisle" one more time I'll be sick.... or how about "Americans are sitting around their kitchen table wondering how they will pay for this or that"
    -----Oh, but I support NAFTA and "free trade" that destroys Americans jobs....

How does the Middle Class like being used as a tool for lies??

What a joke.... the presidential pagent....would Mr. Obama or Mr. McCain please come down and collect your flowers and your crown.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

YOU MUST BE IN EXACTLY THE SAME AGE GROUP AS I AM.

YA....CUT CUT CUT.

ONE SIMPLE REMEDY WOULD BE TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ILLEGALS HERE. AND STOP GIVING OUT WORK VISAS LIKE BUBBLE GUM.WAGES WOULD GO WAY UP. THAT ALONE WOULD SOLVE PART OR MUCH OF THE PROBLEM WITH SS.

SS TAX IS COLLECTED AS A PERCENT OF WAGES. HIGHER WAGES=MORE MONEY IN SS. ALSO HIGHER WAGES=MORE PEOPLE PEOPLE EVEN PAYING INTO SS. BECAUSE BELOW A CERTAIN WAGE YOU GET EARNED INCOME CREDIT AND DONT PAY ANY TAX AT ALL.

RAISING THE WAGE SCALE WOULD IMMEDIATELY GENERATE REVENUE. BUT NO....THEY WOULD RATHER THAT EVERY PROGRAM GO BROKE.

THEY DID NOT SPECIFICALLY ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM. CUT CUT CUT...THAT IS ALWAYS THEIR ANSWER. OH BUT LETS KEEP GIVING OUT WORK VISAS. I HAVE NO FAITH IN EITHER OF THEM.
    Yup. Globalization in general is a huge reason we are in this mess. Offshoring creates numerous tax havens and loopholes for corporate America. Benefitting from our markets, exchanges, laws, and rich consumer base, the multinationals use offshoring to get out of much of their tax burdon. But once they are in a pinch, they are suddenly "American" again, and get bailed out with our tax dollars. Along with employing third worlders that do not pay into the tax base, laid off workers collecting unemployment and being retrained. Also, lost tax revenue from the ensuing wage depression -- 20-25% for workers laid off due to outsourcing, not to mention the wage depression in related fields.

Illegals also provide for a huge workforce that does not pay income taxes, resulting in $35 billion a year lost in tax revenue, while they drain $30 billion a year in the social services they exploit. And the average American born male loses $1,700 a year due to wage depression, 8% for working class Americans.

That's why we are in this clusterf#ck.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I like Palin and would like to see her in the White House, but without McCain. I was seriously thinking of voting for McCain because of her, but after watching tonight's debate, I'll not vote for McCain or Obama.

Sorry Sarah, I like you, but not enough to vote for McCain to get you where you should be. McCain is like a wart on the end of Palin's nose that makes her less attractive as a Republican candidate if she has to drag HIS dead a__ with her every where she goes. McCain's smart aleck remarks and behavior on top of his condescending attitude toward the American people sickens me each time I try to listen him and am forced to rummage through his lies and his "dancing around the issues and questions" to find the truth.

I found myself agreeing with much of what Obama was saying tonight, but his background and his campaigning to get the "latino vote" made me dislike him from the get go. He continues to Hispander and therefore I know he IS dangerous on that account as well as many others.

Just the fact that neither candidate had enough balls to tackle any questions about illegal immigration which seriously and negatively effects just about every topic they did cover tells me that they are going to ignore the will of the citizens in this country and do some seriously damaging illegal alien butt kissing in '09. Who ever gets elected will be representing illegal aliens from Mexico only and every piece of legislation passed by the "new regime" will be solely for the benefit of illegals and big business.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

The name of this post is right on. I fell asleep during that debate.

Both of them were boring as hell.

I like Sarah Palin but McCain blew it buy signing that bail-out.

Palin should tell McCain to take the job and shove it.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Pathetic is the word. After hearing about 10 minutes of lies from both of these IDIOTS I had to change channels. It was just too much thinking that this great country may be in the hands of one of these two TRAITORS.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Populist

That was just unbelievable. And this is our Republican supposedly "conservative" nominee (which we all know he isn't). What planet is McCain living on? Does he have any idea of where this money would come from...on top of the $700B he has already voted in favor of for the bailout?
    I got a laugh out of their example of how when times are tough in our families we have to cut back spending. Yet when times are tough in our government we spend MORE money. Imagine your personal bank account being 11 trillion in the red. They you give away 700 billion to a bunch of multi-millionaires. Both of these two must be smoking crack.

Then McCain talks about how he campains against pork spending but votes in favor of a 700 billion bailout, oh....rescue....that is literally loaded with pork.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist

I got a laugh out of their example of how when times are tough in our families we have to cut back spending. Yet when times are tough in our government we spend MORE money. Imagine your personal bank account being 11 trillion in the red. They you give away 700 billion to a bunch of multi-millionaires. Both of these two must be smoking crack.

Then McCain talks about how he campains against pork spending but votes in favor of a 700 billion bailout, oh....rescue....that is literally loaded with pork.
    Agreed. They tell us how we should live our lives while they spend, spend, spend our money like a bunch of drunken sailors. It makes me sick.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast