Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It is a pretty sad state when I would not let either one of these individuals in my house. Politicians are becoming worse then used car salesmen. I think both these guys could play handball against a curb.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    When McCain mentioned that the government needs to buy up all the bad mortgages and reduce the principal and interest...I don't feel that went over too well with conservatives.
    That was just unbelievable. And this is our Republican supposedly "conservative" nominee (which we all know he isn't). What planet is McCain living on? Does he have any idea of where this money would come from...on top of the $700B he has already voted in favor of for the bailout?

On the off chance McCain does win, I guess i should hurry up and buy a bigger house I can't afford so the govt can bail me out and reward my irresponsibility.
    I almost fell out of my chair when I heard this! I guess McCain now believes that home ownership in this country is no longer just a "dream," but some inalienable right, that government has a duty to protect and nurture.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If banks would have had a lick of sense, when they saw that Joe lost his job to some illegal or the job was outsourced, they could have renegotiated the loans. After all a little income makes much more sense than foreclosing, which costs the bank money and then they have to hire someone to manage the property until they sell it, usually for pennies on the dollar.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    It is a pretty sad state when I would not let either one of these individuals in my house. Politicians are becoming worse then used car salesmen. I think both these guys could play handball against a curb.
    Our choice of Presidential Candidates sound like used car salesmen and all of these unscrupulous mortgage loaners are no more than loan sharks. This country has truly finally rounded that curve, we are now in Mexico, ladies and gentlemen. I don't see much of a difference. Our government has become just as corrupt.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123