Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Decision From Ferguson Grand Jury on Officer Darren Wilson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Protests spread nationwide following Ferguson grand jury announcement

Greg Toppo, USATODAY10:04 p.m. EST November 24, 2014

(Photo: Kena Betancur, AFP/Getty Images)

NEW YORK — Hundreds of protesters marched through Union Square Monday night holding signs saying "Jail Killing Cops" and "Resistance Is Justified," after a grand jury decided not to indict Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown.

With events scheduled in dozens of cities from coast to coast, Americans were girding for what could become a days-long series of protests in the wake of the announcement, with many marches to immediately follow the announcement.

In New York, protesters were penned in an area at the northern end of the square, behind a ring of police officers. They pushed the metal police barriers aside and rushed towards the southern end of the square where holiday kiosks selling crafts were set up. The protesters yelled, "No justice, no peace, no racist police."

Elsewhere, protesters from New Haven, Conn., to Bellevue, Wash., we expected to gather, some earlier, many immediately after the announcement was made.

In Sanford, Fla., protesters were expected to march at the local county courthouse. Sanford is the site of the Feb. 12, 2012, shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, another unarmed African-American teen, by neighborhood watch member George Zimmerman. A prosecutor charged Zimmerman in the case, but a jury in 2013 acquitted him of murder and manslaughter charges in the shooting.

In Topeka, Kansas, protest organizers posted instructions on the Tumblr page of an informal group known as the Ferguson National Response Network, telling attendees to "Dress warmly — Bring signs."

In many cities, such as Philadelphia, New Orleans, Nashville, Toronto, Richmond, Va., Allentown, Pa., Knoxville, Tenn., and Tampa, protesters were urged to gather the day after the announcement.

Immediately following the announcement, the American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri on Monday night said the decision "does not negate the fact that Michael Brown's tragic death is part of an alarming national trend of officers using excessive force against people of color, often during routine encounters. Yet in most cases, the officers and police departments are not held accountable."

The ACLU said that while many police officers "carry out their jobs with respect for the communities they serve, we must confront the profound disconnect and disrespect that many communities of color experience with their local law enforcement."

Ron Hosko, president of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund, described Wilson "a victim of a polticized agenda that deemed him guilty until proven innocent."

"Although he will walk free, his life has been forever changed, as he has been exploited in a cynical effort to turn civilians against cops in fulfillment of an anti-law enforcement agenda,'' said Hosko, a former FBI assistant director.

In Ferguson, dozens of people gathered hours before the announcement in the parking lot across the street from the Ferguson Police Department. Many stood right at the edge of the lot, almost in the street, chanting, "No justice, no peace, no racist police."

One woman leading the group screamed through a bullhorn "Indict that cop. Police don't like it. We want an indictment."

Several young men in hooded sweatshirts reading "Peace Keepers" kept people from streaming into the street. A couple of people approached the police department building, but a woman asked them to protest the right way and pulled them into a prayer circle.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rown/70067388/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some police cars set on fire.

Rioting. Looting.

Business building set on fire.
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal View Post
    And now the divider in chief comes riding in on his stick horse to run his mouth, frequent pauses and 'uh's' included I'm sure, to divide even further. I don't know what he's saying (volume turned off), but it's quite a show on the split screen on Fox news.
    I actually had the volume on. Not one word was said in defense of Officer Wilson even though he was judged as justified in his actions. It's as you said, Obama was definitely acting as the "divider in chief" again. Well, anyway that's how I viewed it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

STATE SENATOR: THIS IS ST LOUIS' RACE WAR

BACK TO BREITBART TV

on BREITBART TV 24 Nov 2014, 8:10 PM PDT POST A COMMENT

Monday night on MSNBC's "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell," Missouri State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadali (D) said of the riots after the grand jury announcement that Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson will not face charges for fatally shooting Michael Brown, "This is St. Louis's race war. We didn't have a race war like other cities throughout the U.S. This is our race war."

Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadali said, "I have to tell you that there has been systematic racism, institutionally in state government for decades, including my own state party. So what we are looking at right now is a symptom of racism that has been swept under the rug for decades. and I am so glad now that the truth is out, and I'm very grateful to your network for telling the truth in reporting the truth of what's going to go down in the coming days."

"As it was said earlier today, and because of the systematic racism that we have in our state government, and our state party, and we do not bring the truth to bear, then we will not recover from what we are going on. What we are experiencing right now, and I have to tell you, this is St. Louis's race war. We didn't have a race war like other cities throughout the this is our race war. country. and people have to be open, and they have to be honest. and they have to earnest, and they have not been earnest for decades. I know people in my own party, in my own government structure who disregard things that we say and how we feel, and we are not going to allow it anymore," she added.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/24/State-Senator-This-Is-St-Louis-Race-War

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Live stream of the action.... lots of threats of violence and racism towards whites coming across in the audio..

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/heatherdemian
    It is one big PARTY!

Tear gas fired at Ferguson protesters; police cars set afire

Los Angeles Times - ‎24 minutes ago‎
    Violence broke out near the Ferguson police department Monday night after the announcement that the officer who killed Michael Brown last summer would not face charges. Two police cars were set ablaze and burned out of control. The ammunition inside ...
    NO AMNESTY

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 11:48 p.m.]
    Several more businesses are being looted or set on fire in Ferguson, Missouri. Meanwhile, protesters have shut down Interstate 44. Police officers are now standing in a line across highway lanes.

[Breaking news update at 11:33 p.m.]

A Little Caesars pizza restaurant has been set ablaze as chaos continues to mount throughout Ferguson, Missouri.
    "What is so tragic is this is exactly what the parents of Mike Brown did not want," CNN commentator Van Jones said.

[Breaking news update at 11:23 p.m.]

Officer Darren Wilson told a grand jury that Michael Brown punched him in the face when he drove back to him after identifying him as a possible suspect in a shop theft, according to documents released by St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch.
    He said he tried to get out of his cruiser, but Brown slammed the door shut twice and hit him with his fist.
    "I felt that another of those punches in my face could knock me out or worse," Wilson said. "... I've already taken two to the face and I didn't think I would, the third one could be fatal if he hit me right."

Photos: Reaction to Ferguson decision

Officer Darren Wilson's injuries
    It appears all the names of witnesses have been redacted in the court documents.

[Breaking news update at 11:21 p.m.]

"Right now all hell is breaking loose," St. Louis blogger Aaron Laxton said.

[Breaking news update 11:09 p.m. ET]

Protests have started across the country, including in New York, Chicago and in front of the White House in Washington, following a grand jury's decision not to indict Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson.

[Breaking news update 11:05 p.m. ET]

A few protesters hurled items at CNN's Stephanie Elam, and some said they did not want the media reporting on the unrest in Ferguson.

[Breaking news update 11:05 p.m. ET]

Attorney General Eric Holder stressed that the federal civil rights investigation into the shooting death of Michael Brown continues.
    "Even at this mature stage of the investigation, we have avoided prejudging any of the evidence," Holder said. " And although federal civil rights law imposes a high legal bar in these types of cases, we have resisted forming premature conclusions."

[Breaking news update 11:01 p.m. ET]

The violence that has broken out in Ferguson following the grand jury's decision to not indict Officer Darren Wilson is not what the Brown family wanted, family attorney Benjamin Crump told CNN. "They wish that people will not be violent" but be peaceful and constructive, he said.

[Breaking news update 11 p.m.
    ET]

Ferguson Market & Liquor -- the same store where Michael Brown had allegedly stolen cigars before his confrontation with Officer Darren Wilson in August -- was being looted Monday night, CNN crews reported.

[Breaking news update 10:59 p.m.ET]

A grand jury decided not to indict Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown, setting off fresh confrontations between protesters and police in the tense Missouri city Monday night.
    While most of the protesters were peacefully assembled on the streets of Ferguson, some protesters smashed the windows of a police cruiser and tried to overturn it, CNN's Jake Tapper reported. Some picked up bricks and smashed the windows of a restaurant.
    Several gunshots were heard, CNN teams on the ground said.
    NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast