Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dems Kill Amendment Replace Wounded Warriors’ Pension Cuts W/Cuts To Illegal Aliiens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Dems Kill Amendment Replace Wounded Warriors’ Pension Cuts W/Cuts To Illegal Aliiens

Democrats Kill Amendment To Replace Wounded Warriors’ Pension Cuts With Cuts To Illegal Aliens’ Free Money

Dec 17, 2013 14 Comments

Excerpted from Fox News:
    A final effort by Senate Republicans to halt cuts to pensions of military retirees failed late Tuesday, after Democrats blocked an amendment to the controversial budget bill.
    The two-year budget agreement, which cleared a key test vote earlier in the day, was expected to get a final vote no later than Wednesday.
    Ahead of the final vote, Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., tried unsuccessfully to use a parliamentary tactic to force a vote on the amendment, which he wrote to undo the cuts for military retirees.
    A provision in the already House-passed bill would cut retirement benefits for military retirees by $6 billion over 10 years.
    Sessions wanted to instead eliminate an estimated $4.2 billion in annual spending by reining in an IRS credit that illegal immigrants have claimed.
    He and fellow senators argued the bill unfairly sticks veterans and other military retirees with the cost of new spending.
    “It’s not correct, and it should not happen,” Sessions said on the floor.
    “By blocking my amendment, they voted to cut pensions for wounded warriors,” he said afterwards. “Senators in this chamber have many valid ideas for replacing these pension cuts, including my proposal to close the tax welfare loophole for illegal filers, and all deserved a fair and open hearing. But they were denied.”
    Sessions’ office claimed the vote Tuesday to block the amendment was a vote to “cut military pensions instead of cutting welfare for illegal immigrants.” Keep reading

http://patdollard.com/2013/12/eterna...ns-free-money/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Democrats Kill Amendment To Replace Wounded Warriors’ Pension Cuts With Cuts To Illegal Aliens’ Free Money! OUTRAGEOUS!

How can any American support slashing wounded veterans benefits over illegal aliens? TREASON. this must stop! I wonder what Tammy Duckworth has to say about this. she better not be sitting by the wayside, shes one of us wounded and I'd be irate if she doesn't step up. I was talking to another wounded vet today who I was hospitalized with and we both cannot believe this.

READ HERE--->

http://patdollard.com/2013/12/eterna...ns-free-money/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

17 December 2013

THE OFFICIAL MARK LEVIN AUDIO REWIND

http://www.marklevinshow.com/common/...=191&is_corp=0

Every single Democrat and 12 Republicans in the Senate voted to cut pensions of disabled combat veterans with the passage of the budget bill

Ridiculous!

'Senate Rejects GOP Plan To Help Veterans & End Tax Credit For Illegal Aliens - Allen West - Cavuto'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8QsD5Xiq4bE

The Shame of the Budget Deal Towards Our Veterans

Posted By Darwin Rockantansky on Dec 19, 2013 in Articles, Big Government, Politics, Veterans | 6 Comments

The “budget deal” passed by Congress is a disgrace in that the supposed budget cuts are born for the greater part by our military and our veterans.

• I joined the U.S. Army four days out of high school; just after a major pay raise had been granted.
    • I was making $72 a month.
    • And when I got married, I got an additional $20 allowance.
    • And a few short months later I got the really big pay raise of an additional $65 a month in the form of combat pay as I started my first tour in Vietnam.
    • And when I first attempted to leave the service at the end of my first enlistment, during a job interview with a government employee (who was making ten times my salary) in Washington D.C., I was asked: “How many babies did you kill?”
    • At which I returned to base and reenlisted for another six years of service.

I don’t personally know of anyone who stayed in the service of this country solely for the paltry retirement benefits.

My ex-father-in-law drove that pushed down the gates of the Auschwitz death camp.
    When he retired after twenty five years of service, he bought a small house on a small piece of land in upstate New York and his retirement pension paid the mortgage and taxes and he worked to put food on the table.
    Ten years later he was forced to sell his home because his retirement pension would no longer pay the property taxes.

My point is this: Regardless of the branch of service, regardless of whether a service member saw combat or sat in a major base camp and dodged rockets, regardless if they spent their careers between stateside and Europe, our military and their families pay a significant price for the honor and privilege of serving this country and military pay and pension is seldom the reason.

To penalize our military members and their families while maintaining a “hands off” policy for government civilian employees is a shameful act of cowardice by every member of congress who voted in favor of this budget.

This beautifully done tribute by videographer John Langskv, Mansions, serves to remind us all of what it means to “serve this nation.”

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/12/sh...ards-veterans/

Senate Democrats Vote To Cut Pensions For Veterans Instead of Welfare For Illegals

By Steve Straub On December 17, 2013 · 824 Comments · In Current Events

If this doesn’t make you angry nothing will!

Via FOX News:

A final effort by Senate Republicans to halt cuts to pensions of military retirees failed late Tuesday, after Democrats blocked an amendment to the controversial budget bill.
    The two-year budget agreement, which cleared a key test vote earlier in the day, was expected to get a final vote no later than Wednesday.
    Ahead of the final vote, Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., tried unsuccessfully to use a parliamentary tactic to force a vote on the amendment, which he wrote to undo the cuts for military retirees.
    A provision in the already House-passed bill would cut retirement benefits for military retirees by $6 billion over 10 years.
    Sessions wanted to instead eliminate an estimated $4.2 billion in annual spending by reining in an IRS credit that illegal immigrants have claimed.
    He and fellow senators argued the bill unfairly sticks veterans and other military retirees with the cost of new spending.
    “It’s not correct, and it should not happen,” Sessions said on the floor.
    “By blocking my amendment, they voted to cut pensions for wounded warriors,” he said afterwards. “Senators in this chamber have many valid ideas for replacing these pension cuts, including my proposal to close the tax welfare loophole for illegal filers, and all deserved a fair and open hearing. But they were denied.”
    Sessions’ office claimed the vote Tuesday to block the amendment was a vote to “cut military pensions instead of cutting welfare for illegal immigrants.”

Well now we know that Democrats favor welfare for illegals over pensions for veterans. What do you think of that?

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/c...e-for-illegals

Go check out the comments on this one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast