Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Department of Immigration: We need one?

Department of Immigration: As I see it, before we can really fight illegal immigration the way it should be fought, we need a cabinet level Department of Immigration.

Department of Homeland Security: After planes crashed into the Twin
    Towers and the Pentagon on 9-11 and killed about 4 thousand people and injured hundreds of other persons, we rushed and created the cabinet
    level Department of Homeland Security.

On the other hand, thousands of illegal immigrants have been invading the United States for many, many years, but we still do not have a cabinet level Department of Immigration to coordinate our efforts to fight this illegal immigration invasion.

Obama and McCain: I say we need to put extreme pressure on Presidential candidates
    Obama and McCain so that they will tell us that they will push for a cabinet level Department of Immigration when they become president of the United States.

We need a cabinet level Department of Immigration now.

Why we don't already have a cabinet leve Department of Immigration when we are a nation of immigrants is beyond me.

I gotta disagree . We have more than enough Federal Government . We just need good people in the right positions . A Firm but Righteous President for the people and America would be a good start. Then maybe a Congress that does what they promise on the campaign trial . We have so many fools in elected office today from local ,state and federal . That nothing ever gets done . Lobbyist keep'em to busy
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I'm afraid it's more bureaucracy, more incompetence.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    I gotta disagree . We have more than enough Federal Government . We just need good people in the right positions . A Firm but Righteous President for the people and America would be a good start. Then maybe a Congress that does what they promise on the campaign trial . We have so many fools in elected office today from local ,state and federal . That nothing ever gets done . Lobbyist keep'em to busy
    1. Can you name me one major country that does not have a Department of Immigration?

2. Can you tell me the U.S. Cabinet Department where a person can find ICE, the immigration arm of the United States?

3. If you know where to find ICE, could you also tell us the name of the head of ICE?

4. ICE: To me, grouping immigration and customs together is ridiculous and bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by mirse
    1. Can you name me one major country that does not have a Department of Immigration?

2. Can you tell me the U.S. Cabinet Department where a person can find ICE, the immigration arm of the United States?

3. If you know where to find ICE, could you also tell us the name of the head of ICE?

4. ICE: To me, grouping immigration and customs together is ridiculous and bizarre.
    NO i can't . but i suppose someone else can answer your questions . To put it plain . If they did have your Billion dollar a year Immigration Bureaucracy . It would only be more headaches . Oh , didn't our great leader Dubya put all those dept's under Homeland ? Also the EU isn't doing to well with their "Dept of Immigration". They have Middle east overrun , we have Latino fever . But your only throwing a Weak dollar after a problem bough on by weak men , our greedy politicians and camber of commnerce . I'm not for BIG government so don't disrespect my opinion cause it doesn't jive with your
    http://www.ice.gov/
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

4. ICE: To me, grouping immigration and customs together is ridiculous and bizarre.[/quote]

NO i can't . but i suppose someone else can answer your questions . To put it plain . If they did have your Billion dollar a year Immigration Bureaucracy . It would only be more headaches . Oh , didn't our great leader Dubya put all those dept's under Homeland ? Also the EU isn't doing to well with their "Dept of Immigration". They have Middle east overrun , we have Latino fever . But your only throwing a Weak dollar after a problem bough on by weak men , our greedy politicians and camber of commnerce . I'm not for BIG government so don't disrespect my opinion cause it doesn't jive with your
    http://www.ice.gov/[/quote]
    Cabinet Members Under G. W. Bush
    1. Secretary of State Gen. Colin L. Powell, 2001–2005
    Condoleezza Rice, 2005–

2. Secretary of the Treasury Paul H. O'Neill, 2001–2002
    John Snow, 2003–2006
    Henry Paulson, 2006–

3. Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, 2001–2006
    Robert Gates, 2006–

4. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, 2005
    Michael Mukasey, 2007–

5. Secretary of the Interior
    Gale A. Norton, 2001–2006
    Dirk Kempthorne, 2006–

6. Secretary of Agriculture Ann M. Veneman, 2001–2005
    Mike Johanns, 2005–2007
    Edward T. Schafer, 2008–

7. Secretary of Commerce Donald L. Evans, 2001–2005
    Carlos Gutierrez, 2005–

8. Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao, 2001–

9. Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy G. Thompson, 2001–2005
    Mike Leavitt, 2005–

10. Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge, 2003–2005
    Michael Chertoff, 2005–

11. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Melquiades R. Martinez, 2001
    Alphonso Jackson, 2003–2008
    Steven C. Preston, 2008–

12. Secretary of Transportation Norman Y. Mineta, 2001–2006
    Mary E. Peters, 2006–

13. Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham, 2001–2005
    Samuel Bodman, 2005–

14. Secretary of Education Roderick R. Paige, 2001–2005
    Margaret Spellings, 2005–

15. Secretary of Veterans Affairs Anthony Principi, 2001–2005
    Jim Nicholson, 2005–2007
    James Peake, 2007–
    Above is a list of cabinet level departments.

I say that a Department of Immigration would fit in nicely with the present cabinet level departments above.

It will at least give us a central place where we can get obtain immigration information and where we can protest our anger at this illegal immigration mess.

We will also have a visible face and name to whom we can present our anti-illegal immigration protests when this Department of Immigration names its Secretary of Immigration, just like we could protest the present Iraq war by showing our anger to Defense Department Secretary Rumsfeld.

For instance, does anyone know the name or face of the head of ICE---Immigration and Customs?

That is sick. Illegal Immigration is getting ready to tear the United States apart, but most of us don't know the name or face of the person who runs the sub-department that is supposed to enforce immigration laws.

1. For instance, we have a Secretary of Veterans Affairs, but we don't have a Secretary of Immigration, when the extreme problem of illegal immigration is going to change the face of the United States as we know it forever.

2. For instance, does anyone here know how many immigrants---legal and illegal---are in such states as Illinois, North Carolina, and Oregon?
    Do you have any idea what country these immigrants come from?

3. Does anyone know how many visas were handed out this year for each state?
    Does anyone know how many legal immigrants are in our public schools?

4. Yes, there are problems with every government department---but does anyone argue that we need to dismantle the Department of Homeland Security?----but with an independent Department of Immigration, we might get a better picture of the legal and illegal immigration problem.

5. For instance, it seems that the handling of immigration and passports and visas cross different cabinet level departments.

6. So, I say this: Let us have a Department of Immigration like we have such Departments of Homeland Security, Labor, Education and Veterans Affairs.

7. I have nothing against the Department of Affairs---many of my relatives and friends fought in the Vietnam, Korean, and World War II wars---but surely the extreme problem of immigration deserves
    a cabinet level post just as war veterans deserve a cabinet level post.

Note: How Immigration and Customs---ICE---got grouped together in the same department is beyond me.
    So will someone please tell me what legal and illegal immigration has to do with Customs enforcement? Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by mirse

http://www.ice.gov/

Just wondering: Do you happen to know how many legal immigrants from India are in your state?
    I would bet that most of us don't know the answer as it applies to our particular state.

If you know or don't know the answer to the question above, wouldn't it be very helpful to you if you had a federal Department of Immigration that would have, as one of its duties, the duty to track the number of Indian immigrants----those with temporary work visas and those who are here permanently---in your particular state?

Another question: Do you happen to know how many illegal Indian immigrants are in your particular state?

Just wondering: Does anyone know India's quota of legal immigrants that enter the United States each year?

It really isn't my job to search for your questions , you do it . We need another Big Government Agency like we needed Home Land Insecruity

It really isn't my job to search for your questions , you do it . We need another Big Government Agency like we needed Home Land Insecruity
    It sounds as if you are saying above that the creation of the Department of Homeland Security immediately after the terrorist attacks of 9-11 was a waste of time in your opinion.

Homeland Security's problem is its waffling director, Mr. Chertof!