Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DES MOINES REGISTER POLL: BEN CARSON LEADS BIG AGAINST DONALD TRUMP

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DES MOINES REGISTER POLL: BEN CARSON LEADS BIG AGAINST DONALD TRUMP

Really? The Des Moines Register was banned from a Trump event in July 2015 because it is a left leaning liberal newspaper with built in bias. do you believe a poll sponsored by a newspaper that is so partisan?
    DES MOINES REGISTER POLL: BEN CARSON LEADS BIG AGAINST DONALD TRUMP
    Win McNamee/Getty Images

by CHARLIE SPIERING
    23 Oct 201548

A poll of Iowa voters shows that the surge of support for Ben Carson is real.

Carson is now leading national frontrunner Donald Trump by nine points in Iowa with 28 percent of the vote, according to the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics Iowa Pollreleased this morning. That’s up 10 points from the same poll conducted in August.

Trump comes in second with 19 percent, while Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
    gets third place with 10 percent support.Carson endured an onslaught of negative media coverage after pointing out that Hitler supported gun control.

“The likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed,” he said.

A Quinnipiac poll released Thursday also showed Carson enjoying an eight point lead.

Carson’s favorability ratings are still well above other Republican candidates with 84 percent. Only 12 percent see Carson unfavorably.

Here is how the poll stacks up:
    Carson 28
    Trump 19
    Cruz 10
    Rubio 9
    Bush 5
    Rand 5
    Fiorina 4
    Huckabee 3
    Jindal 2
    Kasich 2
    Santoroum 2
    Christie 1

When asked what candidate likely Iowa caucus goers could never support, Carson was on the bottom with 10 percent.
    Here is the ranking of Republican presidential candidates that poll respondents said they could “never” vote for.

Graham 63
    Pataki 63
    Gilmore 59
    Christie 48
    Kasich 45
    Rand 45
    Jeb! 40
    Santroum 38
    Trump 34
    Huckabee 31
    Jindal 29
    Cruz 27
    Fiorina 23
    Rubio 20
    Carson 10

The Iowa poll, conducted October 16-19, included 401 likely Republican caucus participants.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-donald-trump/

DONALD TRUMP’S CAMPAIGN BANS DES MOINES REGISTER FROM IOWA EVENT

The Associated Press

by KATIE MCHUGH25 Jul 20151,137

After The Des Moines Register published a scathing editorial calling real estate billionaire Donald Trump a “feckless blowhard” who should drop out of the race, the GOP frontrunner banned the paper from an Iowa campaign event.

Des Moines Register reporters were denied press credentials for the “The Make America Great Again Rally and Family Picnic” taking place on Saturday in Oskaloosa, Iowa. Campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told columnist Kathie Obradovich and reporter Jennifer Jacobs they wouldn’t be allowed to attend.
    “We’re not issuing credentials to anyone from The Des Moines Register based on the editorial that they wrote earlier in the week,” Lewandowski said, adding he would consider giving them credentials for future events.
    In response, editor and vice president of audience engagement Amalie Nash issued astatement to explain that the editorial boards and news teams work independently:
    We are disappointed that Mr. Trump’s campaign has taken the unusual step of excluding Register reporters from covering his campaign event in Iowa on Saturday because he was displeased with our editorial. As we previously said, the editorial has no bearing on our news coverage. We work hard to provide Iowans with coverage of all the candidates when they spend time in Iowa, and this is obviously impeding our ability to do so. We hope Mr. Trump’s campaign will revisit its decision instead of making punitive decisions because we wrote something critical of him.
    But on Twitter, Trump slammed the editors as “liars.”

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

The ultra liberal and seriously failing Des Moines Register is BEGGING my team for press credentials to my event in Iowa today-but they lie!
    8:16 AM - 25 Jul 2015 · New Jersey, USA, United States

Trump currently leads the GOP pack by double digits, according to the latestEconomist/YouGov poll, surpassing former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush 28 to 14, with Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker following closely behind at 13 percent.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...om-iowa-event/

Donald Trump slams 'sophomoric' Des Moines Register editorial

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
    Updated 10:41 AM ET, Tue July 21, 2015

Trump: McCain should be the one to apologize 02:48

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump on Tuesday punched back after the Des Moines Register's editorial board, which called on him to drop out of the presidential race.

Trump slammed the newspaper -- which called Trump a "feckless blowhard" in a piece published Monday -- for what he deemed a "sophomoric editorial" and insisted that he had "been treated very badly" by the paper in the past.

"As one of the most liberal newspapers in the United States, the poll results were just too much for them to bear," Trump said Tuesday in a statement, pointing to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll released Monday that put him at the top of the Republican field nationwide with 24%.

The Des Moines Register's stance came amid ongoing and widespread criticism of Trump's remarks on Saturday in which he questioned Sen. John McCain's status as a war hero. GOP presidential candidates have slammed Trump for the remarks about McCain, who endured more than five years of torture in the infamous "Hanoi Hilton."

"The best way Donald Trump can serve his country is by apologizing to (Arizona Sen. John) McCain and terminating this ill-conceived campaign," the editorial said.

The editorial board of Iowa's leading newspaper also slammed Trump as unqualified and unfit to serve as president.

"People who run for public office typically perform a great public service, regardless of whether they win on Election Day," the paper's editorial board wrote. "That's particularly true of presidential candidates, most of whom must devote two years of their lives to hard-fought campaigns that involve staggering personal and financial sacrifices, all in an effort to serve their country. And then there's Trump."

Trump said in his statement Tuesday that he was "not at all surprised" by the editorial and charged that the newspaper has been "uneven and inconsistent, but far more importantly, very dishonest" in its coverage of his campaign.

Newspapers' editorial and news divisions are strictly independent of each other.

He added that he has been "treated very badly" by the newspaper, calling the paper "uneven and inconsistent, but far more importantly, very dishonest."

"They would rarely write the facts or report what really took place. They never captured the energy of each event and it is a constant battle with them by my representatives to get an accurate count of the large crowds I draw," Trump said. "It is always wonderful to have the support of a newspaper, even a failing one, but this has only given me more motivation to fight harder in Iowa and Make America Great Again!"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/politi...ines-register/

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders

By Tim Graham

Published January 02, 2013
    FoxNews.com

Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.

In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published this junk on December 29.

"I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he wrote. Is that a threatening James Byrd reference? "And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures," he continued.

This was how he spelled out the other agenda items, which included killing NRA members who wouldn't surrender their arms:

"Here, then, is my “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore” program for ending gun violence in America:

• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me."

The so-called "news" media love to blame conservatives for the declining civility of our democratic discourse, but the hateful venom spewed by supposedly enlightened liberals like Kaul is as vicious as it gets.

Publishing death threats is bad enough, but doing so in the name of promoting a more peaceful, compassionate society is beyond sick. But this clown will probably never realize the absurdity of his argument.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...-register.html

we want trump
    goodluck
    kick ass

This is a warning to the feel good Republicans and feel good Christians: Ben Carson wants “legal status for illegal aliens” (a.k.a amnesty). What he is proposing is national suicide on the installment plan. I HAVE HAD A BELLY FULL OF SUPPOSED “CONSERVATIVES” WHO OUGHT TO BE OUR ALLIES WORKING AT CROSS PURPOSES TO US.

THIS IS A WARNING, THIS IS AN UILTAMIOTUM: DO NOT SHOVE UPON US YET AGAIN ANOTHER AMNESTY PEDDLING SHYSTER. I WILL WALK; I GUARINTEE YOU THERE ARE MILLONS WHO FEEL AS I DO, AND YOU CAN NOT WIN WITHOUT US. The hard core Evangelicals are going to start a civil war within the conservative movement if they keep pushing Carson; they are sending patriots a message loud and clear: “screw you and your stopping amnesty; we don’t care about your issue.” They blindly genuflect to any huckster who waves a bible and ignore everything else.

Trump gave them their pro-life, anti abortion issue but that is not good enough for them, they want it all. For a great many patriots abortion is a very low priority issue, for me it is near zero in importance, but I and many patriots go along with it anticipating Evangelicals would reciprocate by supporting us on no amnesty. Those who support Carson are giving us the middle finger.

Illegal aliens must get the hell out of our country. And anybody who does not fight with us for that is my enemy. I am tired; I don’t care anymore. If Carson becomes president the illegal aliens will stay and ultimately kill America. So what do patriots have to loose by a write in protest vote for Jeff Sessions even if it leads to a Marxists/Democrat victory. For those who agree with me I urge them not to stay home;. write in Jeff Sessions as a protest vote; it would be much effective.
    Last edited by csarbww; 10-23-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Iowa must want Hillary to win - carson can't beat her but the donald CAN!