Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Dick Morris: Ted Cruz 'Very Likely to Win This Whole Thing' Read Latest Breaking New

Dick Morris: Ted Cruz 'Very Likely to Win This Whole Thing'
    By Greg Richter | Tuesday, 02 Feb 2016 12:33 A

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz will parlay his Iowa caucus win into South Carolina, political analyst Dick Morris tells Newsmax TV.

"Cruz is very likely to win this whole thing," Morris said in post-caucus coverage Monday night. "He's going to go into New Hampshire with a great deal of momentum coming from Iowa, and [Donald] Trump has been proven fallible. He's been proven not immortal, and I think it's going to be a very tight three-way race in New Hampshire."

New Hampshire will be a toss-up between Cruz, real-estate mogul Trump and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Morris said.

"South Carolina, Cruz is going to win," he said. "The evangelical vote, the conservative vote will line up for him and he'll win South Carolina fairly handily."

At that point, Cruz will ride a wave to the SEC Primary on March 1 where he'll take his home state of Texas and capture all 152 delegates.

Cruz also will sweep Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Oklahoma, North Carolina and Virginia on the same day, he said.

"Cruz will defeat Rubio, and [Jeb] Bush for what it's worth, in Florida and the game will be over, he said.

Pollster Matt Towery disagreed, saying Cruz won't hold onto the traction he got Monday.

"I think Trump still has the edge in New Hampshire," he said. "South Carolina and the SEC Primary are going to decide who is going to get to the big dance, and the big dance will be Florida."

There, Rubio may be able to gain former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's support and move on to the nomination.

"But if not, Donald Trump who has been leading in these Southern states and Florida, would go on to get the nomination," he said. "But I don't think that Cruz right now is still in it. He's got a long way to go because New Hampshire is going to be sort of cold water on him, I expect."

Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/di...#ixzz3z1yVBTqw

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I agree with Towery that New Hampshire will be tough for Cruz. If Trump wins New Hampshire, I'm hopeful Cruz can swing the #2 spot over Rubio.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn