Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Did anyone hear the interview with illegal college student?

I just heard an interview with a Maria Gonzalez who is an illegal alien in Missouri. She came her when she was five-years-old. They came with visas and "missed the deadline for renewing." Thus they were illegal. Her parents went to court in 2000 and finally deported in 2005. She has had her deportation deferred three times in order for her to finish college at Westminster College. She said it is a private school and she is paying for her education herself, by working.

Congressman Dana Rohrabacher was on and said she sounded like a nice young woman but we can't open the whole world to anyone who wants to come and come or stay illegally. He said, there are a lot of nice kids in the world but we have to have our laws enforced. He said that California alone is spending 2.2 billion dollars educating people who should not be in the U.S.

Of course, the immigration lawyer made all kinds of cliche remarks on how we would benefit since we put all the money into her 1-12 education.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course, the immigration lawyer made all kinds of cliche remarks on how we would benefit since we put all the money into her 1-12 education

In a way, I agree with the statement that all of us will benefit from their K-12 educations.

I'm not being sarcastic. We WILL all benefit when the kids who received, and achieved, at this educational opportunity, return to their home countries and affect change for the better THERE.

They have great potential and ability to change these corrupt and failed countries such as Mexico into thriving, vital economic centers and societies.

But, if we allow them to stay here, that will never occur and before we know it, every country on earth will be corrupt and failed societies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's the problem. We are paying for their education and they STAY and change OUR policies like they're trying to do now.
    Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?

The RIGHT thing for her and others like her to do when they graduate is to TAKE and USE their education and training to help improve life in their OWN countries!

I thought she said "I did get some scholarships." She wanted to skate around the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLake13
    I thought she said "I did get some scholarships." She wanted to skate around the answer.
    I think she did say that but I think they sounded like insignificant ones. A lot of scholarships are private so who knows.

Congressman Dana Rohrabacher was on and said she sounded like a nice young woman but we can't open the whole world to anyone who wants to come and come or stay illegally. He said, there are a lot of nice kids in the world but we have to have our laws enforced. He said that California alone is spending 2.2 billion dollars educating people who should not be in the U.S.
    Dana Rohrabacher is right. We have to stop making exceptions and enforce the law. Unless of course, state and local government is willing to make an exception and exempt me from paying taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Dana Rohrabacher is right. We have to stop making exceptions and enforce the law. Unless of course, state and local government is willing to make an exception and exempt me from paying taxes.
    Now that sounds good Populist. LOL

She can go to college in her home country.

There are schools in Mexico and dollar for dollar they are better than ours.
    Send her home to go to school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast