Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bootsie, I coudln't agree with you more. They changed the rules in the middle of the game on us and they have done that repeatedly for a good number to years now. There is a site http://www.America1First.org that is advocating the "Incumbent Removal Act of 2006." I agree with the sentiment that it's time to clean house and start all over. We can't be any worse off with a bunch of rookies with good ideas than we are with the den of thieves we have now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does that EVER sound like a winner!!! I couldn't agree with you more about them changing the rules. It seems like, somewhere along the way, they have all sold out to special interest groups rather than concerning themselves with the people who elected them. INCUMBENT REMOVAL ACT!!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

See, I'm thinking that we should all just pick a day or a couple weeks' time frame and everyone who is registered either a democrat or republican should go change their party to Independent, Constitutionalist, Centrist or something. That would send a message that they CAN'T ignore. When all of a sudden they have no voter base to rely on, they will see the great big foot falling down on them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I really think that's just a SUPERB IDEA, JUNIUS!! Good thinking. Maybe we can round up enough support. Gosh--wouldn't it be GREAT if we could get NumbersUSA or FAIR interested in doing that too?? That would reach a HUGE number of people.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

OH JUNIUS--THAT is a SUPERB IDEA!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have been doing a bit of research and I can't for the life of me figure out how you change parties. You can change your name or your address but I don't see one word about political affiliation.

I dug out my voter registration card. There is nothing on it that says what party I registered with. I know that if I was given a choice I would have said Republican because that is what I've done for umpteen years now. I looked at information for several different states. I still can't find anything.

I found out that in all the states I checked that there is a time limit to file for registration, meaning you can't do it the day before the election--it has to be a month or two in most cases. That is OK.

But I still have to find out HOW to do it before picking a date and sending the word around. Anyone have any ideas?

I understand it's different in different states. I just heard that, in Virginia, they don't declare a party affiliation when they register. Correct me if I'm wrong, Virginians. In North Carolina, you can just go to the Board of Elections and tell them you want to change your party affiliation. And, my voter registration card DOES have Unaffiliated on it. Call your local Board of Elections or whatever the Texas equivalent is and ask. I guess we are going to have to leave it to each individual to check in their own states and find out how each state handles that.

I think you are right. Bootsie, but if we can warn them ahead of time what possibliities exist, it will be helpful. I have found that people are less likely to act if they have to scale their own obstacles. Know what I mean?

You're right. You almost have to do all of the legwork for them. All I can speak for is the way it would be done in North Carolina.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12