Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DID YOU HEAR TIM RUSSERT YESTERDAY???

Tim was talking about all the calls and faxes,and e-mails,being the cause that s.1639 was defeated.

He said that the senators were voted into office to do what was best for the people, not to be swayed by people calling and saying they didn't like something.

Maybe he is thinking of running for senator,he sounds like he would be another kennedy,or reid to me!!!!

What do you think?

Re: DID YOU HEAR TIM RUSSERT YESTERDAY???

Quote Originally Posted by gordo
    Tim was talking about all the calls and faxes,and e-mails,being the cause that s.1639 was defeated.

He said that the senators were voted into office to do what was best for the people, not to be swayed by people calling and saying they didn't like something.

Maybe he is thinking of running for senator,he sounds like he would be another kennedy,or reid to me!!!!

What do you think?
    I just wonder which people he's talking about?

MW
    gordo wrote:

Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me. Who knows better what is best for the people than the people themselves? We elect our politicians to represent us! How can they say they're doing that when they support something that Americans have overwhelmingly rejected? It's one thing for the Congress to pass a bill that 40, 50, maybe even 60 percent of the population disagrees with, however, it's something totally different to support something 80% of the American people have rejected. U.S. Congresspersons aren't God, they put their pants and dresses on the same way every red-blooded American man and woman does. When those we elect refuse to listen to the overwhelming majority of the people, you revolt - and that is exactly what we did.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    gordo wrote:

Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me. Who knows better what is best for the people than the people themselves? We elect our politicians to represent us! How can they say they're doing that when they support something that Americans have overwhelmingly rejected? It's one thing for the Congress to pass a bill that 40, 50, maybe even 60 percent of the population disagrees with, however, it's something totally different to support something 80% of the American people have rejected. U.S. Congresspersons aren't God, they put their pants and dresses on the same way every red-blooded American man and woman does. When those we elect refuse to listen to the overwhelming majority of the people, you revolt - and that is exactly what we did.
    I agree, 100%
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Tim's a Leftover Tory. If people like him were running things in 1776 ... we'd still be a British Colony.

Seriously!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I got the same feeling from Russerts commentary. It seemed to me like he was perturbed that ordinary people that call-in can actually sway votes. He came off to me as disgusted that democracy actually works.

I think it has to do with the talk radio factor. Alot of what happened yesterday was contributed to talk radio. Most media talking heads hate talk radio because it's using THEIR medium to spread information. Before there was conservative talk radio everyone was forced to have to listen to people like Tim Russert to get any information about what is going on in Washington. Now they don't have to.

That ticks the mainstream media off. Plus you also have to factor in that NBC is a major liberal mouthpeice just like CNN. They are going to try and milk this defeat to the public as ANTI-HISPANIC. So they can to try and exact a political toll on the Republicans for the 2008 election.

isn't this the way it was intended?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

He's a bought and paid for shill. We should expect this from 99% of the MSM types...Lou Dobbs excepted.

Long live talk radio, bloggers and the internet!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There we go again! Someone indicating to us that we don't know what's best for us and only those who have power and wealth do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)